Good experience at Hua Hin immigration

pinkpanther99

Just thought I would post about my recent experience in renewing my marriage extension at HH immigration.

I actually received very good service. I have been hugely critical of HH immigration in the past but it is only fairly to give them credit when it is due.

Not only did everything go smoothly, the immigration officials were very helpful, friendly and professional at all times, which is the first time I can honestly say this in 3 years of me visiting that office.

I notice there have been some changes in personnel there (which was much needed). On particularly horrible immigration officer seems to have been replaced with another much younger guy who wears glasses. He was very friendly.

They seem to have a new Deputy Superintendent who was walking up and down the office and seemed to be watching the officers like a hawk.

It seemed to me that the clean up of HH immigration is well underway.

Yes it is nice to get good service from immigration. It is something none of like to do but must do. When the officers doing the job are considerate it makes the task do much more pleasant.There is one officer in Pitsanulok that is so good I often feel like the wife and I should ask him and his wife out for dinner,would be nice to get to know him better he is such a nice guy.

I had an overstay, and never having to deal with immigration was worried based upon posts I have read.

The wait was minimal and the young immigration officer was great. No recriminations, just explaining that it wasn't the end of the world, just don't do it again. The officer to his side seemed to be his immediate supervisor and was joking with him, and us, that she was glad he got us since an overstay involved more paperwork and he loved the extra work! All smiles and efficient.

being going to immigration , HH for the last 10 years. Always found them very courteous and pleasant and never had any problems. Retirement Visa usually takes me only about 20 minutes. I guess the reason it so much better than other immigration offices because they deal with a lot better class of farangs here then other places like Pattaya

being going to immigration , HH for the last 10 years. Always found them very courteous and pleasant and never had any problems. Retirement Visa usually takes me only about 20 minutes. I guess the reason it so much better than other immigration offices because they deal with a lot better class of farangs here then other places like Pattaya

gigglem.gifgigglem.gifcoffee1.gif

I have visited both on numerous occasions and gotta say that Hua Hin has had far more pot bellied, tattooed, slingback wearing, stinking of last nights wiskey and cigarettes down and out looking Foreigners than Pattaya has, maybe as living costs are higher in Hua Hin they have less to spend on personal hygiene and presentation.

I have visited both on numerous occasions and gotta say that Hua Hin has had far more pot bellied, tattooed, slingback wearing, stinking of last nights wiskey and cigarettes down and out looking Foreigners than Pattaya has, maybe as living costs are higher in Hua Hin they have less to spend on personal hygiene and presentation.

I have to say that living in HH myself, I can say that it certainly has its fair share of beer bellied, vest wearing farangs. Maybe not as many as Patts, but they are certainly here. In fact, on the day I was in HH immigration, there was one particularly large gentleman who was so large he couldn't fit in the seats in the waiting area. He was also decked out in a Beer Laos vest, which wasn't big enough to accommodate his enormous belly and which hung several inches below what should have been his waistline. It was quite a sight.