Thais abroad join BIKE FOR DAD wearing event’s attire

snoop1130

Thais abroad join BIKE FOR DAD wearing events attire

NNT

BANGKOK, 11 December 2015 (NNT) Thai nationals residing in foreign countries have come out to join the BIKE FOR DAD activities, held at various locations worldwide. Participants have been reported to be wearing the royally bestowed attire with pride and unity.

Thai nationals residing in foreign countries came out today wearing the royally bestowed clothes to attend the BIKE FOR DAD activities, held at various locations in different countries. The highest number of registered participants abroad was reported to be in Tokyo, Japan, followed by Sydney, Australia. The cycling events taking place in Japan and Australia started at Kasai Rinkai Park and Centennial Park, respectively at 3pm of their local time.

Meanwhile, the BIKE FOR DAD activities in ASEAN countries, China, and India will start at the same time with the main event in Thailand. The BIKE FOR DAD cycling activity is being held in 66 cities globally, as a celebratory event as tribute to His Majesty the King. 17 cities will also be hosting events dedicated to the Thai royal anthem.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2015-12-11 footer_n.gif

Huge positive PR event for his majesty and the government. Huge amount of money spent, new bikes, lycra gear and all the T-shirts, just two questions, who actually benefited financially and will they be donating those monies to a project supported by His Majesty ? Just asking ?

I certainly haven't benefited financially. The wife got a cheap 10,000 baht bike locally for "Bike for Mom." She got into cycling, but didn't like the bike. So it was a trip to a proper cycle shop. She was steered straight to the Bianchis by the owner. I managed to put my foot down without having to show a bank book to prove that I am not a rich farang, but still spent shed loads more than any right minded person would pay for two wheels and no engine.

I certainly haven't benefited financially. The wife got a cheap 10,000 baht bike locally for "Bike for Mom." She got into cycling, but didn't like the bike. So it was a trip to a proper cycle shop. She was steered straight to the Bianchis by the owner. I managed to put my foot down without having to show a bank book to prove that I am not a rich farang, but still spent shed loads more than any right minded person would pay for two wheels and no engine.

I got a 'last year's model' Giant pro bike that was normally about 65,000 for around 25,000. Beautiful bike and I was lucky to get it. Love it and ride 10-20 km a night on it.

I got a 'last year's model' Giant pro bike that was normally about 65,000 for around 25,000. Beautiful bike and I was lucky to get it. Love it and ride 10-20 km a night on it.

To be fair to the wife, the money isn't wasted this time. She's up at 5.30 every morning to do 30-40 km. Same in the evening. If I had to face her in the Octagon now, I'd be down quicker than Aldo. Now if I could just find a way to make housework seem more fun than Google+ and Line.....

P.S. Wish I'd found a deal like yours.

To be fair to the wife, the money isn't wasted this time. She's up at 5.30 every morning to do 30-40 km. Same in the evening. If I had to face her in the Octagon now, I'd be down quicker than Aldo. Now if I could just find a way to make housework seem more fun than Google+ and Line.....

P.S. Wish I'd found a deal like yours.

That's great! I would love to ride more but on the weekdays can only put about an hour in, on the weekend I can do a bit more.

If you go to a Giant dealership, look around in February or so, and you can find good deals. My last one was also a previous year's model, I gave that one away to a friend after about 5 years when I wanted to upgrade a bit.