Parental law Thailand

Kenny202

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z

Gee there is one born every minute. She has sucked you in BIG TIME. I would suggest you run run run, otherwise you may up ending paying for all the kids. She obviously has too much experience for any ones liking. She has played you for a fool and considering how many women there are in Thailand you don't need one with a lot of baggage. Find an innocent lady in the provinces, one that has never been on the game. Good Luck

the problem seems to be with the girls in the provinces....I'm talking village girl here not city girl. Apart from my issues...my observations...they can be dirt poor. Live in a home dirt floor, diet of rat and vegetation. Along comes farang. Offers her a better life....maybe a middle class sort of life. Normally girl happy, mum and dad happy their daughter is on a good path. No. That unfortunately isn't good enough. Expectations on her to build the big farang palace, Fortuna...home for mum and dad. If she has friends with Farang husbands there'll be all sorts of competion about clothes, designer bags etc. Then there'll be pressure for money from family, friends. You just can't win. It's either zero or 500% for them. There's no middle ground. Edited by Kenny202

Been together 4 years and you didn't know she had kids?

I find this very hard to believe. Is she ever on the phone talking to them or talking to their grand parents about their welfare?

Does she not tell you that she needs to go to an ATM to send money home for her children? How can she hide such a thing from you for 4 years?

What is the condition of her body? Surely after 2 kids her breasts are out of shape and she has some stretch marks on her stomach, hips and legs.

Im not buying this story at all.

Hi Mister, I don't know which planet you are from but my wife is 47 years old and had 2 kids, her breats are not that big and they look as she never had any kids and she has no strech marks on her body whatsoever and she is not hte only one like that. Maybe you should get out a little more and find out that not everybody is the same. Just a thought.

Z

Gee there is one born every minute. She has sucked you in BIG TIME. I would suggest you run run run, otherwise you may up ending paying for all the kids. She obviously has too much experience for any ones liking. She has played you for a fool and considering how many women there are in Thailand you don't need one with a lot of baggage. Find an innocent lady in the provinces, one that has never been on the game. Good Luck

the problem seems to be with the girls in the provinces....I'm talking village girl here not city girl. Apart from my issues...my observations...they can be dirt poor. Live in a home dirt floor, diet of rat and vegetation. Along comes farang. Offers her a better life....maybe a middle class sort of life. Normally girl happy, mum and dad happy their daughter is on a good path. No. That unfortunately isn't good enough. Expectations on her to build the big farang palace, Fortuna...home for mum and dad. If she has friends with Farang husbands there'll be all sorts of competion about clothes, designer bags etc. Then there'll be pressure for money from family, friends. You just can't win. It's either zero or 500% for them. There's no middle ground.
just leave her. And when looking for a new one, try find someone who has a job, decent education, good family, parents with regular income/pension. Believe me, you will have a lot less hassle. Not everything is about money.

She want to hook you by having a baby with you. You have no obligations by thai law if you are not married. But be prepared she will use your soft heart to milk you dry. Its very bad start lying about her children and pregnancy. Every fight she will use your common child to threat you or milk you. I think you are in for a nightmare but she can be a good catch. If you decide to stay with her you can buy dna test from pharmacy or order from your country. DNA test your baby and send test back home. I wouldnt trust a local doctor though they can lie for small money

Z

the problem seems to be with the girls in the provinces....I'm talking village girl here not city girl. Apart from my issues...my observations...they can be dirt poor. Live in a home dirt floor, diet of rat and vegetation. Along comes farang. Offers her a better life....maybe a middle class sort of life. Normally girl happy, mum and dad happy their daughter is on a good path. No. That unfortunately isn't good enough. Expectations on her to build the big farang palace, Fortuna...home for mum and dad. If she has friends with Farang husbands there'll be all sorts of competion about clothes, designer bags etc. Then there'll be pressure for money from family, friends. You just can't win. It's either zero or 500% for them. There's no middle ground.
just leave her. And when looking for a new one, try find someone who has a job, decent education, good family, parents with regular income/pension. Believe me, you will have a lot less hassle. Not everything is about money.
I realise all that now, particularly after moving from village fairy land to Khonkaen city (normal middle / upper class people families. Definitely would be an educated lady with a job next time

I find this very hard to believe. Is she ever on the phone talking to them or talking to their grand parents about their welfare?

Does she not tell you that she needs to go to an ATM to send money home for her children? How can she hide such a thing from you for 4 years?

What is the condition of her body? Surely after 2 kids her breasts are out of shape and she has some stretch marks on her stomach, hips and legs.

Hi Mister, I don't know which planet you are from but my wife is 47 years old and had 2 kids, her breats are not that big and they look as she never had any kids and she has no strech marks on her body whatsoever and she is not hte only one like that. Maybe you should get out a little more and find out that not everybody is the same. Just a thought.

Prove it.

That's because u have made an awful lot of assumptions

Thats because you've had an awful lot of lies told to you.

One day there will be a knock on the door and two kids will be standing there with suitcases saying "Are you my daddy?" On a more serious note she will constantly be pressing you to make it one big family. As a previous poster stated to know your age would help. Being a parent is a big responsibility. You should have weighed all the pro's and con's. To many children today are just a product of one mad lovemaking night. Knowing what I know today I would run not walk to the closest hospital and get a vasectomy. For the sake of disclosure I had one 50 years ago but the damage had been done. You have to project out the type of world, environment said child will live in and it does not look to promising. I see to many old falang here with a frown on their face pushing a baby carriage with a young smiling Thai lady by their side. Thai children will cease to be the country's informal pension plan and in the future this could actually reverse and if the parent have money they could come back and knock on the door saying "We're Home" (to stay) Remember as ye sow so shall ye reap.

OI ! Less of the generalisations and slander. I'll have you know my mrs has got two kids and great tits... Pretty damn perfick.

Z

Mate, you sound angry and really hurt. For a good enough reason I think. But you also come accross that you already know what to do. Just do it. Don't listen to those preaching to you from some high moral ground. So easy to be perfect with a backspace key. Life ain't like that.

Another foreigner dudded.

I had a Khmer pull the 'I have a baby inside' stunt on me back about 13 years. The look on her face when I told her I'd had a vasectomy years before had to be seen to be believed.

Bail out. You have a deceiving little *****on your hands.

Appreciate all the advice and comments but what I really wanted to know was do I have any recourse or are there laws preventing a mother bailing on her child and leaving the kid with someone that didn't agree to look after the child? Probably stupid question as it seems to be the norm here.

Other question is what happens at the birth? Am I supposed to sign something agreeing that I am the father? Anyone have first hand knowledge?

Z

Provinces, Boondocks, big cities, is neither here nor there. You are generalising again with "village girl here not city girl". Plenty of good girls in the villages, plenty of "bad" girls in the cities. And vice versa. You just ended up with a wrong 'un. Regardless of her background or upbringing.

Z

Provinces, Boondocks, big cities, is neither here nor there. You are generalising again with "village girl here not city girl". Plenty of good girls in the villages, plenty of "bad" girls in the cities. And vice versa. You just ended up with a wrong 'un. Regardless of her background or upbringing.

I guess I should have posted my experience about my vasectomy here about 5 months ago. Might have saved your life (what's left of it). In my book, a secret is a lie making your GF a liar. Once a liar, always a liar. I wouldn't do a thing till the paternity test came back positive match to me. To the rest of you, I was in and out of Phuket International Hospital in an hour, snip snip, 8500 baht for peace of mind I can't describe.

Z

I disagree...well to some of it. There are some crackers of girls in the villages for sure. Apart from being lucky enough to find one that knows even a little English, there will be a veritable minefield in front of you and her. Even if she's a great girl, morals...doesn't care about money etc...There will be a ton of family and hangers on that do. Even your local moo ban people will be expecting her to go door to door throwing cash around or making loans. Pressure from the local monk. Everytime we'd go and eat at a local "restaurant" we'd have some old bag or hanger on wanting 20 baht. It never happened but it puts pressure on her as she's branded a tight a$$, shes forgotten her culture etc. She cudnt even go and visit her grandmother in comfort (lives with the aunty) without the old bitch sticking her paw out for 5000 baht (to play the farken lottery). It's all a game I wouldn't play. Person asks for money...if it's not forth coming u are the one branded as kie neow...Not the moocher. I just don't have the finances to support a bunch of bludgers. I know some guys try in the name of supporting their lady / culture but I've yet to see anyone buy any respect that way. They only ever see u as an easy mark. Yes there were good people in our village too wouldn't embarrass themselves asking for money. But they were educated teachers or govt workers mostly. I wouldn't gamble on a village girl. Middle class city girl with decent family. Yeah i am jaded. I'm sick and tired of hearing about luck and mostly about money. Makes me feel sick Edited by Kenny202

Sadly, the child is going to get the shitty end of the stick no matter what. As others had said 2 other children, 4 years no knowledge? Sneaky woman. Also, 4 years of physical contact and now a "Magic Bullet" , the baby is coming, I would deal with it now and sign nothing and get a BLOOD TEST ON THE BABY, immediately after birth, you can do it now if you find the right doctor. If's its yours Oh Well Pop!, remember how to change diapers and having 15 new relatives around all the time including the other children. If the baby is not yours RUN as fast as you can.

It didn't take me 4 years to find out about the other kids. 2 years for the first, 3 years for the second. Unfortunately I've only told 20% of the story here. It's been an ongoing minefield of different skeletons in closets. I lived with a person like this before. If you knew the whole story up front you'd run for Ur life. But you get one at a time which doesn't seem so bad. In all of this I've been lucky enough not to get taken financially nor did she ever try nor was money or family her motivation. I have taken an emotional battering though. She just seems to be a broken person with a propensity for destruction of mainly herself and those around her. I always thought I'd come along to help, give her a better life...opportunity. just didn't work out like that

"I have taken an emotional battering though. She just seems to be a broken person with a propensity for destruction of mainly herself and those around her."

There seems to be an inordinate number of broken individuals in LOS afflicted in this manner (and consequently afflicting others). My sympathies. While I believe I understand better than most, what you have been up against and are likely to continue to face, you will probably come to the realization that there are no options, if you are not inclined to run, other than to accept the new reality, along with the fact that life is more often than not about what we get, not what we want, at least initially. There is also an ethical imperative to do the right thing and to keep the focus on the child, (and to whatever degree you can stomach, on the mother, as she likely has insurmountable limitations over which she has little or no control) regardless of the emotional or economic cost to you. Because without you, the child, will assuredly be doomed. Make no mistake about that. The only caveat perhaps would be that it is not necessary to take full custody of the child, to have an acceptable impact on the child's reality. But, it will require you to remain in close proximity, and as actively involved in all aspects of the child's life, as is humanly possible. Do not expect much more than sporadic emotional support from the mother or her family. What I have learned, is that to do this right, it will have to be a one man show, mate. Take the reins, don't ask for them. Married or not, this is your imperative. Best of luck going forward.

Yes, first things first, get a paternity test. If you're the father, then you have choices. Bite the bullet and take care of the child (an 18-year commitment at least) or RUN. You don't owe her anything. The gf family will care of the child. Just get out of the picture sooner than later. You don't need this. Enjoy your retirement. You earned it. Good luck for whatever you do.

As a father of 4 your might have been more familiar with the effects of having children on a woman's body....one of the risks of having sex in the dark.

In the future try a katoei they don't get pregnant and I guess you won't notice the difference.

Good luck with the child, he or she can't help it and so no reason not to take care. Problem here is that you only get parental rights if you are legally married to the mother at the time of birth.

Yes, first things first, get a paternity test. If you're the father, then you have choices. Bite the bullet and take care of the child (an 18-year commitment at least) or RUN. You don't owe her anything. The gf family will care of the child. Just get out of the picture sooner than later. You don't need this. Enjoy your retirement. You earned it. Good luck for whatever you do.

you have had your fun and know the risks of the game and still no condom.

Why let the (unborn) child pay the bill and refuse a good life. The child can not do about it that you messed up things You have to solve problem and face the problems.

Be a man and take your responcibilites.

only a thought that maybe you've been married too long and you don't remember what a body looks like and feels like before kids, I can tell just by touching a woman body if she's had kids

first of all you can blame yourself of hte whole sitiatuation and ask why she not told you at all in the 4 years.

secondly you are fully responcible for the unborn child as the future of it. that is the right of hte child. It can not do about the thiins you and mum did and have.

Get custody. Take care. leanr to live with the fact your GF is mother of three. Give the child a good family live which included the family band with the other childern of the mum as well.

you have had your life tyill not the child ones is starting. childen are now your priority.

wish you all the wishdom and you child a good youth with lots of care and looking after.

just a question,

you are sure the coming kid is yours? A lady that is complexing that much coulkd have kids and a thai boyfriend or a thai ex as well at the same time she is with you.

no one i think is ever sure. I have lived with her the whole time before and after conception. Would i blindly swear it was my kid 100% after so many lies and deceit? No

DNA TEST

you have had your fun and know the risks of the game and still no condom.

Why let the (unborn) child pay the bill and refuse a good life. The child can not do about it that you messed up things You have to solve problem and face the problems.

Be a man and take your responcibilites.

Can u even read? We actually planned the pregnancy. Much of what I know know I didn't before. There is more to this story. Please don't jump to conclusions

its the same old con, Thai girl gets pregnant farang will take care, first of all could you not see by her body that she has had kids before ? it sounds to me like she really has not been honest with you and trapped you deliberately with this kid by telling you about it after its too late to get an abortion. sorry to say and I know many people wont agree with me but I would walk away quick.

As far as signs in her body about other kids....I did know about 1 kid. Didn't know there were another 2.

ho well all's ok then rolleyes.gif

its the same old con, Thai girl gets pregnant farang will take care, first of all could you not see by her body that she has had kids before ? it sounds to me like she really has not been honest with you and trapped you deliberately with this kid by telling you about it after its too late to get an abortion. sorry to say and I know many people wont agree with me but I would walk away quick.

As far as signs in her body about other kids....I did know about 1 kid. Didn't know there were another 2.

ho well all's ok then rolleyes.gif
Don't stick Ur beak in to be a smart ass. It clearly isn't ok. There started a whole debate on how I cudnt have known she'd had kids before. In clearing that up your having another go