General Udomdej admits park scandal affects his good reputation

rooster59

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

OK, maybe he can defend his good name by explaining how he became a multi-millionaire making $40,000 a year..

Keep going with your miss information

2014 NLA asset declarations

deputy defence minister Gen Udomdej Sitabutr 54.6 million baht

= $1.5Million

Hardly a $ multi-millionaire

And a pittance compare to some PTP and red shirts

eg Former deputy interior minister Pracha Prasopdee, a red shirt leader, reported Bt211 million

How did a red shirt accumulate $6Million, payments from Dubai ???

Now that is a real multi-millionaire

cheesy.gif

Yet another 'but but Thaksin/Redshirt/PTP....' diversion. This is the junta's watch.

He said he had gone through wars and mine fields

Just to let you know Mr. Gen Dep Def Min, ahem, how shall I put it? Well, Cobra Gold is not a war. It's a yearly exercise, you know, to learn something.

You mention the word Gold and learn something in the same sentence. Might there be a connection??

OK, maybe he can defend his good name by explaining how he became a multi-millionaire making $40,000 a year..

= $1.5Million

eg Former deputy interior minister Pracha Prasopdee, a red shirt leader, reported Bt211 million

cheesy.gif

'2014 NLA asset declarations'

Must be correct then as the good folk would never lie...

gullible

adjective UK US /ˈɡʌl.ə.bl̩/
easilydeceived or ​tricked, and too ​willing to ​believeeverything that other ​people say:There are any ​number of ​miraclecures on the ​market for ​peoplegullible enough to ​buy them.

Certainly not - although some do make honest mistakes.

When you're filthy rich, billionaire family, it must be so easy to put very large amounts of money and share in your servants name and simply forget about it. Why can't those boring asset declaration chappies understand that the filthy rich have more important things to do than fill forms in.

"the Rajabhakti Park scandal had affected his good reputation that he had built up throughout his whole life."

Sounds like a good run up for defamation suit, and as we know, truth is immaterial here in courts.

I find the argument that he "only" has assets of $1.5 million laughable, if his salary is 40,000. "Yeah, sure he is corrupt, but even more so inept, as this is all he stole"?

There's another recent example of an army general (with a well known brother) who also had problems identifying his assets.

Seems he had even included his unit's funds (that he was 'authorised' to withdraw), but he later realised this was not correct.

Somebody should contact the Pope I think we have another candidate for sainthood. When I read "damage my good reputation" Jesus and I both wept. He should also be an Academy award contender to say this with a straight face. He really looked wounded.

In every country and every culture you have good and bad people. I'd say there are 3 types of bad people:

1. People who are bad and know it. They don't deny it and don't pretend to be anything other (I have a new found respect for these people since living in Thailand)

2. People who are bad, know it, but pretend to be good. Usually con artists or bullsh***** etc.

3. Bad people who genuinely believe they're good. They act holier than thou and will justify their wrongdoing with the most insane and deluded logic.

I can live with 1 and 2, but number 3 absolutely makes my blood boil. Sad thing is number 3 types will never hold themselves accountable and will never learn. They're mentally ill. I grew out of this when I was about 3 years old and was held accountable for my actions.

"The embattled deputy defence minister then criticized without naming name Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya for jumping the gun by implying that there was corruption in the park project......"

Hilarious, it was himself who really got the corruption ball rolling when he admitted kickbacks, gouged from casting foundries were discovered but conveniently changed into 'donations'.

And this will be all explained away as just misunderstanding of terms of reference, eg; [kickbacks], see what I really meant was now those people can kickback after their donation and enjoy the good karma coming back too them as they are good peoplewhistling.gif

Psssst,, ya reckon they'll buy it???

It doesn't matter just hold the party line and there will be another storm in a day or two that will take their minds off this sh__t sandwich...

= $1.5Million

He'd only have to save his entire salary for 37.5 years to reach that...

Bingo. How dear you bring logic to the table !

Only PTP are corrupt, army generals are straight :)

= $1.5Million

cheesy.gif

wow, the depths that junta-huggers must reach to defend the indefensible...

So for the first - OBVIOUS - reply, how does it really matter that someone has declared "only" $1.5 million when he has earn "so little" during all his career?

Second, if you take the exchange rate from just a few months ago, that pretty darn close to $2 million.

Third, if you think that Thais declare everything when forced to disclose assets - particularly the military who can't fall back on having earned it in business - then feel free to be so naive.

Fourth, and I'll just stop here, ... but but but ... THAKSIN - come on, don't be so feeble. No one here gives a rip about that con-artist.

= $1.5Million

He'd only have to save his entire salary for 37.5 years to reach that...

Bingo. How dear you bring logic to the table !

Only PTP are corrupt, army generals are straight smile.png

37.5 years of his final salary... wink.png

He'd only have to save his entire salary for 37.5 years to reach that.

Obviously, he won it at the poker tables

... er ... hang on, ... that can't be right

All wise investments you see.

I love how some think the junta boys are all squeaky clean. Do some reading up on Thai historyu from 1932 until now. Stop listening to what your wives tell you to think and grow a pair.

He'd only have to save his entire salary for 37.5 years to reach that.

Obviously, he won it at the poker tables

... er ... hang on, ... that can't be right

No no, these militairy types always have either a rich wife or a rich father. Or at least that's the excuse.