Focus 5 Dr 2.0 Sport

Asaf

I recently purchased this car and have been impressed. Have not had it for long so still have not had the time to really drive it in with all the rain we have had. Since Ford owns Mazda I felt the Ford had the upper hand when designing this car compared to the Mazda 3 - as well as a better price tag!

Has anyone had experince with this car about using the recommended E20 Gasohol vs. 95 benzine. It seems you can switch back and forth without any problems but I have heard about less fuel milage so wondering if this is true on newer cars using this type of mixed fuel as wel as reduced horesepower? Not that it really matters in bangkok but just curious. They say E20 is cleaner for your engine that is a big plus for longevity i guess.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Asaf

Hate to disappoint you but Ford doesn't own Mazda. They have a seat on the board and own around 33%....not a controlling interest :D

I used to own the Mazda 3. I thought it was a better handling more fun to drive car than the Focus, the Focus having a softer ride and not quite as quick turn in. The old Focus was much better as a drivers car.

And yes you will notice an increase in fuel consumption using gasohol over 95. At best a 10% increase at worse 30%.....I stopped using gasohol and went back to 95 in the end as it worked out cheaper. The other issue is that gasohol fuel quality varies from station to station even from the same brand, try to find one that has a high use at the gasohol pump to improve chances of relatively fresh fuel. Then I sold it and bought a MU7 diesel so don't have to worry about fuel quality so much anymore :o

Thanks for the info- especially the gasohol becasue i have thought about the quality since many people are still not using it. THis means the fuel sits for much longer at a time before they get fresh supplies. I have been thinking to switch back to the 95. When I bought it I filled the tank up with Gasohol and only 60 km later I noticed the needle had moved allot and I didnt drive it hard at all since it has been raining so much.

33% is a pretty significant holding for a company that size.. but I wont split hairs! I actually I first started looking at the Mazda but the prices were very different and since the Fords arent moving all that fast its more of a buyers market.

Thats the reason I looked at the Focus last year. The equipment spec is higher and its considerably cheaper than the 3. But the main reason was the gf didn't like the interior of the Focus :o If I'd bought the Focus I'd have had to add a WRC replica bodykit though :D

Yea i didnt like the half leather and half material so I had them replace all with black leather which turned out better then expected. Yea the currrent body kit is a bit on the conservitive side for sure..... not like my old 91 300zx with stillen kit ... but that was the good old days!

I have heard the air intake is down by the front spoiler..is that true because some have said it won't do well in high water in which I keep it garaged and drive my saluna now during this heavy flooding just to be sure..

No idea for the Focus, the Mazda 3 was behind the front grill and as its the same engine I would expect a similar layout on the Focus too.

Easy enought to find out, just pop the bonnet and have a look at the airbox and where its feed it rooted from :o