Star Wars fans out in 'force' for world premier

webfact

Star Wars fans out in 'force' for world premier

606x341_318937.jpg

LOS ANGELES: -- The countdown to the long awaited premier of the seventh Star Wars film has finally been completed. All sorts turned out for the red carpet event in Los Angeles from storm troopers to robots of every hue.

The film’s makers hope it’s set to break all box office records, with projections being cited in the range of 220 million dollars in the first weekend – and that’s only in the US and Canada.

Part of the buzz surrounding “ The Force Awakens” is that the new film brings back characters Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Hans Solo.

It means the cast has news faces along with some very familiar ones.

“I’m very excited about Star Wars again because we have the original cast back. We have Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels. It’s like the “Star Wars” we grew up with is now back and people are really excited about that,” said one fan.

The film’s plot may be a closely guarded secret but not for long with it on worldwide release in just a few days.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-15

I'm sorry, call me a Geek, Nerd whatever, but I'm super excited. I go to watch movies in a theater maybe once in the decade, rest of the time I'm happy to wait and stream at home. This is my once in a decade moment.

Heading back to the States tomorrow for Christmas, both my daughters who it appears inherited their Dad's nerd gene are in, and we're ordering the popcorn!