Vv Length Of Stay

hi guys i'm back :o here we go again

simple question to start with

the last time my gf applied for a VV she got knocked back because they said she was inconsistent with how long she intended to stay in the uk, at first she said 6 months then 3 - 6 months and finally 2 months at the final interview.

this time we are going to say just 1 month and stick to it but what if she wants to stay an extra month or so? is a VV really valid for 6 months regardless of what we tell the british embassy?

another one related to the above

could staying longer than you originally said (without overstaying the visa) jeopardise a future settlement visa?

thanks alot.

A visit visa is generally valid for 6 months regardless of the stated duration, and you can stay for the 6 months without being in breach of any law (unless entry was gained by deception). However, should your girlfriend say that she intends a one month visit and then stay 6 months, she might find it difficult to obtain a subsequent visit visa.

Scouse.

Edit// I just noticed you asked whether a subsequent settlement visa would be jeopardised: the answer is that this is less likely than a visit visa being jeopardised, but will ultimately depend upon the circumstances of the application.

Please note this is just my opinion

The visit visa is designed for people going on holiday. Whenever I go on holiday I have a set period of time and its usually 2 weeks. I would think that saying any more than about 4 weeks would make the ECO think its more than just a holiday. After that, proving reason to return might become even harder.

When my g/f applied it was for 3.5 weeks, I stated exact dates and added a copy of flight quotations in the application. I think this helped with the application and, to be honest, I think 3.5 weeks during November in sunny Scotland will be as much as she will be able to take on her first visit!