Are bars in Pattaya open tonight :16 December?

R123

There is today a ceremonial taking place for the funeral of a famous monk. It has blanket coverage on Thai tv as I write.I have been told some bars will be closed tonight but I do not know if this correct and/or if applicable to Pattaya.

Does anyone know?

Many thanks in advance.

Why is it so important to know if bars will be open on particular days? Do we have a population of falangs who can't do without their daily fix of alcohol? There is such a thing as a refrigerator.facepalm.gif

My bad - forgot there are nationalities who like warm beer.

Edited by bazza40

Why is it so important to know if bars will be open on particular days? Do we have a population of falangs who can't do without their daily fix of alcohol? There is such a thing as a refrigerator.facepalm.gif

I think those that *need* to have some booze right but lack now will already have gone out to get some and found out for themselves if bars are open

I am guessing because some people like to get out, and happy to spend the money, instead of sitting home alone, drinking beer and thinking their are really smart and coolthumbsup.gif

I started this thread. Nothing to do with doing "without a daily fix of alcohol". I have arranged tonight a farewell for someone who returns to is home country at the weekend. If I made aware about places being open or not then I would know whether to continue with the farewll today or change to another day before the weekend.

Kindly -bazza- think before you make postings as above.

But thanks to Jess for his helpful reply.

Merry Xmas to all!

OP, you will find Walking street will be open and most bars around town will also be open as Thai owners most certainly will not be loosing money no matter what the excuse was, unless they were forced to close.

Remember, money is number 1 in this country and nothing else matters

I am guessing because some people like to get out, and happy to spend the money, instead of sitting home alone, drinking beer and thinking their are really smart and coolthumbsup.gif

Just love posters who make multiple assumptions about people they have never met and know nothing about.biggrin.png

Just love posters who make multiple assumptions about people they have never met and know nothing about.biggrin.png

Crusaders, reflex responses.

No such thread (bar closures, alcohol sales) without biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Oh the irony, but you do not have a problem make assumptions about people or their intentionsrolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

Not so sure they like warm beer, more like the poor things don't know the recipe for ice.

I started this thread. Nothing to do with doing "without a daily fix of alcohol". I have arranged tonight a farewell for someone who returns to is home country at the weekend. If I made aware about places being open or not then I would know whether to continue with the farewll today or change to another day before the weekend.

Kindly -bazza- think before you make postings as above.

But thanks to Jess for his helpful reply.

Merry Xmas to all!

Maybe it's just me, but I would think a person who needed a daily alcohol fix would have already asked about the bars being closed during acquisition of the previous days' alcohol fixes. Sadly, some people's default is fangs and claws out. gigglem.gif

Edited by MajarTheLion