Thailand's north shivers as temperatures drop

webfact

North shivers as temperatures drop

165-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Meteorological Department says the country's northern region will shiver until weekend as the result of strong cold spell moving down from China.

In its fourth announcement this morning, TMD said high pressure front from Mainland China has now approached and blanketed Thailand’s northeastern, central and eastern regions, and is expanding to the northern region.

Its presence will cause temperatures in the country upper region to drop from today until December 19 and also stronger winds, and frost could be expected in northern hills.

Temperatures in the Northeast will drop 4-7 degrees Celsius, and 3-5 degrees in other regions.

Strong winds and high waves of 2-4 metres are also expected from today until weekend in the lower part of the Gulf of Thailand from Surat Thani down.

It advised small boats to stay on shores during the period.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/north-shivers-as-temperatures-drop

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-17

The temperature has dropped dramatically, I noticed last night before going to bed.

I was prepared for this cold spell due to advanced warning, and I am sure I will not suffer from hypothermia.

However, I do have sympathy for a lot of Thais up North, less fortunate, or less prepared than myself.

here is the thing...if you LOVE this cold weather.....maybe you must go back to farangland!!!!

trust me, cooler air is better for organs than the heat....

life is short...why suffer the death heat 95% of the year????

note: selling winter coats, 80% off.....only 100,000 baht!!!!

"Thai Meteorological Department says the country's northern region will shiver until weekend as the result of strong cold spell moving down from China."

It was so cold last night that I actually had to shut one of my windows.

I don't mind the cold coming from China if wouldnt' be accompanied by its tourists.

Mercury to drop 2 to 4 C degrees: Meteorological Department
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department Thursday warned the people to brace themselves for cold weather, saying the mercury will drop between two to four Celsius degrees during the next two days.

In its advisory issued at 11 am Thursday, the department said the drop in the temperature would be caused by a strong high pressure from China that extends to cover the Northeast, the Central and the East of Thailand as well as the North.

During the next two days, frost could happen on mountaintops in the North, the department added.

It also warned that the northeast monsoon across the Gulf and the South of Thailand will intensify and it will generate waves that will be 2-4 meters high in the Gulf of Thailand.

It said small boats should keep ashore during 17-20 December.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Mercury-to-drop-2-to-4-C-degrees-Meteorological-De-30275119.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-17

The temperature has dropped dramatically, I noticed last night before going to bed.

I was prepared for this cold spell due to advanced warning, and I am sure I will not suffer from hypothermia.

However, I do have sympathy for a lot of Thais up North, less fortunate, or less prepared than myself.

Those sudden temp. changes can play hell with one's body.

A few decades back, I was out training in the Army in the swamps of Florida & it was summer, about 97F during the day.

Here came a frog-strangling rainstorm with cold, cold rain just as it was getting dark, and the temp dropped to about 75F.

I was in my early 20's and it almost killed me (or so it felt).

It was one of the very few times I was happy to slap my 80 lbs of gear on (soaked to the bone) and go stomping off on a road march in the middle of the night, as it was the best way to warm up.

I miss it like a hole in the head.

here is the thing...if you LOVE this cold weather.....maybe you must go back to farangland!!!!

!!!!

20 to 30C is ideal, unfortunately where I come from average temp is only 10 to 20C, that's too cold to my liking. Edited by tartempion

"Thai Meteorological Department says the country's northern region will shiver until weekend as the result of strong cold spell moving down from China."

Looks like you're SOL on that wish, the smart white money is finding ways to capitalise on the inevitable transition in global hegemony. Learn Mandarin Boyo!

I don't mind the cold coming from China if wouldnt' be accompanied by its tourists.

It was 15 degrees at 6 a.m. in Nakhon Phanom today, and it feels as though it will be colder tonight.

It will be colder tonight, 22 in BKK according the forecasts...I wouldn't mind to have 15, have many things to do on the house.

Worked with an English guy in Kazakhstan a few years back where in the winter it regularly goes down to -30C at night. He used to leave the window in his room open so it wouldnt get too hot. I doubt if the temperatures that Thailand get would worry him very much

!!!!

20 to 30C is ideal, unfortunately where I come from average temp is only 10 to 20C, that's too cold to my liking.

Forecast for my part of Arizona is -9 to -12 tonight. I like not having to hunt out the woolies and piling down duvets on.

Lovely up here in Phetchabun today,about 26 mid afternoon and night time temperatures of around 18-20 just like the British summer time.

Some gusty winds and lots of heavy cloud cover,the coats,hats and scarves are out in force as are the morning fires.