British backpacker Jordan Jacobs 'found on Thai beach'

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the idiot have a work visa ? Typical hippie-dippy lost foreigner who should have never been allowed to board the plane. Millions more of them arriving here daily. Full Moon Party/Khao San Road/Pai/ Koh Phi Phi good example.

Yes there is a much better class of tourist frequenting Pattaya !

It use to be you couldn't find a foreigner over 30 on the islands.

Now all the zimmer framers coming on here berating the lad..yet just the other night had to step over a drunken fool lying on the pavement in red shorts showing off his jewels just off Silom..easy 65+..I think the Thais find this behaviour more tiresome..or at least as bad.

This constant need to be in touch is the surprise factor here..he is a 21 year old man.

I presume he did not purchase the airline ticket for the flight he did not show up for... presume his account at the Bank of Mum & Dad is now closed. whistling.gif

I would be inclined to think he may be in a lot of trouble now, particularly with Immigration. gigglem.gif

I doubt he has done any diving recently with a beard like his.

He is definitely not here for the women with an appearance like that, and too young to have deep enough pockets.

What a Prat. Wasted every bodies time - Police, family and friends and people like us who shared the FB post because of genuine concern for his welfare. I hope he gets nailed for being an idiot.

No his family over re- acted. It was less than 4 days..he wouldn't even be deemed missing in the uk.

Helicopter parents..

Good of you to share, good to know that people do care....

What kind of scumbag calls his parents and deliberately make them think some man has kidnapped him in some far away Asian country and is going to kill him ?.

I can't believe the support he is getting from people here. He should be locked up for a few days before they deport him so he can reflect on his actions.

>"What kind of scumbag calls his parents and deliberately make them think some man has kidnapped him in some far away Asian country and is going to kill him ?"

Such a call home, making his parents think he has been kidnapped in a far away Asian country might be the start of a set-up to get them to send a nice big "ransom" payment.

Missing British tourist found in good health
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The young British tourist reported missing in southern Thailand has reportedly turned up “safe and sound”.

The Independent newspaper reported that Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham in Wiltshire, had contacted his family to let them know he is fine.

The paper said Thai police told the BBC Jacobs had been found on a beach in Krabi.

Wiltshire police said he had been in touch his family, it reported.

The paper quoted a police spokesperson as saying: "Jordan has been in touch with family saying he is safe and well."

Police believe he rang within the last day.

The good news followed Jacobs' family using social media to try and find him.

Jacobs was due to fly home on Wednesday to celebrate Christmas and was last seen at the Phi Phi islands on Saturday.

Since Sunday, Emily Jacobs, his sister, has appealed for help on her Facebook page.

She wanted to know if anyone has seen her brother, describing him as British, aged in his early 20s, 165-167 centimetres tall.

She said he had a beard, black hair and distinctive tattoos on his arms and chest.

"Last known whereabouts Phi Phi islands. Please get in contact with myself or Debbie Jacobs if you have any information about his whereabouts," she wrote.

Lt-Colonel Jetsada Junphum, the islands' police chief, told The Telegraph newspaper that police had "received the reports that Jordan is missing and everyone here is looking for him".

The Guardian newspaper reported that a British Foreign Office spokesman had confirmed Jacobs was reported missing in Thailand on Saturday and the office was providing consular assistance to the Jacobs family.

Emily Jacobs told MailOnline that her mother received a message via Facebook from her brother on Saturday morning "which basically said he can never see us again, that he is sorry he can't see us one last time, that he loved us.

"He was upset and said that the man wouldn't let him leave. That he was scared of him," she added.

The family told MailOnline that his disappearance was connected to a Thai man who his travelling companions said either owns a farm on the Phi Phi islands or works on a farm there.

"There was no more contact until Monday morning where [sic] my brother appeared online, and after few attempts I was able to speak to him on the phone using the Facebook wifi messenger," Emily Jacobs told MailOnline.

"I was on the phone for 90 seconds. He couldn't or wouldn't tell me where he was," she said.

"I asked if he was OK, where he was, and he said 'I've said too much. I can't talk. I love you.' And that was it. We've had no contact since."

The phone he used for the call belonged to a Cypriot tourist, who informed the family that Jacobs had approached him barefoot without a bag and asked to use his phone, MailOnline reported.

Emily Jacobs wrote on Facebook that her brother's last known location was the PP restaurant on Koh Phi Phi Don. "He borrowed another traveller's phone to call home. The owner of the restaurant has confirmed he was there," she said.

"We know he left Pak Up hostel to head to Koh Phi Phi Don, leaving behind his other backpacker friends. He left with a local man that he met at the laundrette near to the hostel.

"The man offered to take him to the island for free. That evening [Thai local time] was when he called my parents. He was upset."

Jetsada said it was unclear how Jacobs reached the islands, telling The Telegraph that ferry travel was the only way to get there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Missing-British-tourist-found-in-good-health-30275200.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-18

A simple message like "Mom, I am going to extend my vacation for another week, so don't worry." or "Mom, I am trying to apply for a diving instructor job here and might stay a while longer." would have seemed appropriate. But no, instead he concocts a "bad Thai man is after me and I might be dead soon" story and puts his entire family back home under indescribable stress. Selfish, immature punk.

and the above just about sums it all correctly up in a nutshell...!

While admitting we were all young, and sometimes a bit crazy, I for one never hurt my parents and family ! I think it's great for youth to have an adventurous spirit and go off wandering the world . Please put yourselves in the place of these parents , family and friends , who on the eve of Christmas hears from their son that he is in dire straights/ kidnapped/ fallen foul , to some maniac on the other end of the world ! I think he deserves the title of the most mean and uncaring idiot of the year !

What a Prat. Wasted every bodies time - Police, family and friends and people like us who shared the FB post because of genuine concern for his welfare. I hope he gets nailed for being an idiot.

What a shock that must be to find that something you did on Facebook turned out to be a waste of time.

Does the idiot have a work visa ? Typical hippie-dippy lost foreigner who should have never been allowed to board the plane. Millions more of them arriving here daily. Full Moon Party/Khao San Road/Pai/ Koh Phi Phi good example.

Millions?

So you were concerned for his welfare, and now he has been found safe, he is a Prat? Wheres the logic in that.

Mom grabbed him by the ear and dragged his sorry ass back to the airport. Once home likely locked in the basement until dad got home. Afterwards .......

Similar story, was it Brett from Kata/Karon Phuket who disappeared , worried his parents to death, I think the elderly mother came to Phuket to find him ??? He turned up later too, no news on what happened though ?

These so called hippies are nothing like the 60's nor 70's . A bad joke that survives on Pad Thai, magic mushrooms and beer . Most these days are obnoxious brats that mom and dad pay good money to get them out of the house . Once let loose on the world they are often unable to survive on their own for long and become nothing more than a public pest

He is young....remember we were there once also. Big difference there was no social media, cell phones or computers. Happened all the time just wasnt publicized like this n the open.

Were you that stupid and manipulative at the same time when you were young? May I hope not for those who was around you! It didn't happen at the place and time where I lived in, there were still responsible parents, real teachers, or decent people in the neigbourhood, to discipline that kind of bad seeds before they grew up and emulate!

There are old people that do and have done the same thing even here on this forum....

Chill bro like I said he's young and this is a completely different day and age. Ever hear about hippie's of the 60s and 70s? He's just a modern day hippie. And now we have FB to broadcast to the world all the buffoonery we do.

Missing British tourist found in good health

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The young British tourist reported missing in southern Thailand has reportedly turned up “safe and sound”.

The Independent newspaper reported that Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham in Wiltshire, had contacted his family to let them know he is fine.

The paper said Thai police told the BBC Jacobs had been found on a beach in Krabi.

Wiltshire police said he had been in touch his family, it reported.

The paper quoted a police spokesperson as saying: "Jordan has been in touch with family saying he is safe and well."

Police believe he rang within the last day.

The good news followed Jacobs' family using social media to try and find him.

Jacobs was due to fly home on Wednesday to celebrate Christmas and was last seen at the Phi Phi islands on Saturday.

Since Sunday, Emily Jacobs, his sister, has appealed for help on her Facebook page.

She wanted to know if anyone has seen her brother, describing him as British, aged in his early 20s, 165-167 centimetres tall.

She said he had a beard, black hair and distinctive tattoos on his arms and chest.

"Last known whereabouts Phi Phi islands. Please get in contact with myself or Debbie Jacobs if you have any information about his whereabouts," she wrote.

Lt-Colonel Jetsada Junphum, the islands' police chief, told The Telegraph newspaper that police had "received the reports that Jordan is missing and everyone here is looking for him".

The Guardian newspaper reported that a British Foreign Office spokesman had confirmed Jacobs was reported missing in Thailand on Saturday and the office was providing consular assistance to the Jacobs family.

Emily Jacobs told MailOnline that her mother received a message via Facebook from her brother on Saturday morning "which basically said he can never see us again, that he is sorry he can't see us one last time, that he loved us.

"He was upset and said that the man wouldn't let him leave. That he was scared of him," she added.

The family told MailOnline that his disappearance was connected to a Thai man who his travelling companions said either owns a farm on the Phi Phi islands or works on a farm there.

"There was no more contact until Monday morning where [sic] my brother appeared online, and after few attempts I was able to speak to him on the phone using the Facebook wifi messenger," Emily Jacobs told MailOnline.

"I was on the phone for 90 seconds. He couldn't or wouldn't tell me where he was," she said.

"I asked if he was OK, where he was, and he said 'I've said too much. I can't talk. I love you.' And that was it. We've had no contact since."

The phone he used for the call belonged to a Cypriot tourist, who informed the family that Jacobs had approached him barefoot without a bag and asked to use his phone, MailOnline reported.

Emily Jacobs wrote on Facebook that her brother's last known location was the PP restaurant on Koh Phi Phi Don. "He borrowed another traveller's phone to call home. The owner of the restaurant has confirmed he was there," she said.

"We know he left Pak Up hostel to head to Koh Phi Phi Don, leaving behind his other backpacker friends. He left with a local man that he met at the laundrette near to the hostel.

"The man offered to take him to the island for free. That evening [Thai local time] was when he called my parents. He was upset."

Jetsada said it was unclear how Jacobs reached the islands, telling The Telegraph that ferry travel was the only way to get there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Missing-British-tourist-found-in-good-health-30275200.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-12-18

The phone he used for the call belonged to a Cypriot tourist, who informed the family that Jacobs had approached him barefoot without a bag and asked to use his phone, MailOnline reported."

That says it all really , he was never in danger , he borrowed the phone and just made up a story so family would be even more stressed.

I presume he did not purchase the airline ticket for the flight he did not show up for... presume his account at the Bank of Mum & Dad is now closed. whistling.gif

I would be inclined to think he may be in a lot of trouble now, particularly with Immigration. gigglem.gif

I doubt he has done any diving recently with a beard like his.

He is definitely not here for the women with an appearance like that, and too young to have deep enough pockets.

date rapes following rohipnol will be his future part time in thailand.... 2 hours/day as diving instructor (to attract the nice farangs girls and lure them in a trap) and drug seller for the most of his time.... this guy makes me remember another famous one : a certain Scottish in koh tao ... Good luck with the evil