This is the wifes breakfast

eyecatcher

http://www.lazada.co.th/superlock/?searchredirect=superlock&brand=1935

much cheaper than supermarkets & they work

left a sandwich in a superlock box in my backpack after a hike. A week later, no mould on sandwich. Didn't eat it, mind you wink.png

Was it 7/11 bread.

What i noticed about the plastic bread compared to the makro/tops daily made bread is that the fresh quickly acquires mold in a day or two.

Check out the plastic bread full of chemical preservatives it stays white for a week........then i throw it on the compost to feed the worms ants everything.

One week later bread as white as the day i dumped it and insects not touched it.

Thanks for the comments.

I put it out in the sun this morning and they buggered off.

I did also play Antmusic rather loud to help.

What we do with rice is to put a metal spoon or fork in the rice container. Whatever it is about a metal object it kills them. So whilst ocassionally we have some visible ants in the rice most are dead or at least acting like they were poisoned.

Muesli is back on the table tomorrow but tonight i will suspend the container from the ceiling with a greased piece of string and a circle of bayleaves around the string.

http://www.lazada.co.th/superlock/?searchredirect=superlock&brand=1935

much cheaper than supermarkets & they work

left a sandwich in a superlock box in my backpack after a hike. A week later, no mould on sandwich. Didn't eat it, mind you wink.png

Was it 7/11 bread.

What i noticed about the plastic bread compared to the makro/tops daily made bread is that the fresh quickly acquires mold in a day or two.

Check out the plastic bread full of chemical preservatives it stays white for a week........then i throw it on the compost to feed the worms ants everything.

One week later bread as white as the day i dumped it and insects not touched it.

I understand what you're saying about the plastic bread, but even the bbq chicken filling looked normal.

One easy way to keep them (and other crawlie things) out of rice and grains is with ordinary Wasabi powder. Use either an ordinary paper coffee filter, empty tea bags, or make small cloth sacks, and fill with a tablespoon-full or two of Wasabi powder. (All the supermarkets carry small tins of it.) All Japanese supermarkets sell these as 'impulse items' near the cash register pre-made just for this purpose. Stick one or two packets in with your rice and grains, and stop worrying about little bugs. It's still a good idea to store in sealed containers for freshness. In Japan, most households keep their rice in plastic 'dispensers' about the size of a large kitchen trash bin, not sealed in any fashion. Press one of the two buttons and it dispenses just the right amount of rice for one or two servings. With the Wasabi packets, there is never a problem with bugs getting into the rice.

Does the wasabi powder smell strongly? What I mean is does it make the rice smell?

In a small container, such as a plastic snap-lid box, you will smell the Wasabi when you open the container, but NOT after you wash and cook the rice. In a large container such as a rice dispenser, you don't notice the smell at all. The commercially made packets come with double-sided tape to attach to the lid of the dispenser.

We use these and no problem with ants etc

49615bl_jar.jpg

Ps: I think if you drown them in milk then they will float on top and you can scoop them out, but I don't think you will get all of them

Yes thats what we need or the jug type with the hinged stopper.

I had an airtight canister from Jok but i can see they get in via the small lid pinch openers.

If they can get in it isn't airtight.

Indeed airtight here means its impervious to humidity but ants can get in through the handles in the lid then once inside the airlock....the plastic seal they only have to find the pin hole that the air is dispelled through to release the lid.

Yes strictly speaking its not airtight.

post-150623-14504538941406_thumb.jpg

Lets hear about everyone elses breakfast tomorrow haha

Indeed airtight here means its impervious to humidity but ants can get in through the handles in the lid then once inside the airlock....the plastic seal they only have to find the pin hole that the air is dispelled through to release the lid.

Yes strictly speaking its not airtight.

attachicon.gif1450454042596.jpg

Lets hear about everyone elses breakfast tomorrow haha

I had a bowl of ant-free muesli with mangos and yogurt.