Missing-and-found Brit paraded by cops, 'apologizes' to Thais

snoop1130

Missing-and-found Brit paraded by cops, 'apologizes' to Thais
By Coconuts Bangkok

jordan_2.jpg
Jordan Jacobs is presented in front of the Thai press today. Photo: Channel 3 News

THAILAND -- The Brit backpacker who was reported missing by his family was presented to a police press conference in Krabi today to apologize to the Thai people.

Jordan Jacobs, 21, was paraded in front of the Thai press at Koh Phi Phi police station today after his fake disappearance made international headlines this week.

It all started when the young Brit sent a Facebook message to his family that he was sorry and he could never see them again, before losing contact with them for five days.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/18/missing-and-found-brit-paraded-cops-apologizes-thais

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-18

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punk send multiple messages to his family suggesting he was a kidnapping victim and might be murdered. He put his entire family on high alert even to the point that his mother considered traveling to Thailand to search for his sorry ass.

While it wasn't necessary to report in to mom and pop every 24 hours, he was incredibly stupid to concoct such an absurd story that scared the sh*t out of his family back home.

Another loser who falls for the many thrills (and enthrallments) Thailand has to offer. There is nothing wrong with that. But at least be honest if you don't want to return home as scheduled and put your family's minds at rest so they don't have to worry.

Immature, selfish punk!

And as for Thailand: No apology from him to the country as a whole was necessary, because Thailand has never apologized to the world for any REAL murders of foreign tourists either. Ever. At least I have not seen or heard of a single case. Has Thailand apologized to Britain for the recent Koh Tao murders? You can bet your ass she didn't.

Edited by Misterwhisper

What a horrible country.

Yes he was a silly boy but these arrogant selfish Thais should be apologizing for all the scams and thuggery they put innocent foreign 'guests' through.

Again and again I am convinced they don't deserve any tourists.

What absurd posturing. What sort of idiotic game are they playing here? Would a Thai in a similar position in the UK, have to apologize to the nation? Thailand should make a New Years resolution to do away with hubris and 'face', or simply put away such childish, petulant values, and grow up.

the kid was a tit but no need for police milk it like this.

I think the UK deserves a big apology from police & the PM for what was done & said over koh tao tragedy. trial concludes on xmas eve, can u believe that timing !

apologizes would mean confessions... confession of cover up , confessions of RtP corruption , inability , etc , justice system of other ages , and the last but not least a serious denial of mister PM 's words....

If we now have the truth where's the ' misunderstanding ' between him and his family he's claiming as it seems clear that he was playing for more time to stay here so told a serious, unnecessary lie without any concern for the fear and worry that he was causing his family .

I think the UK deserves a big apology from police & the PM for what was done & said over koh tao tragedy. trial concludes on xmas eve, can u believe that timing !

What has Xmas eve got to do with it? A normal day for 99.99% of Thai people....

Boy wants drama...boy gets drama.

Tit for T.A.T.

I suppose all the attacks on Brits this year have brought alot of pressure on Thailand to take action. So they did. This case was easy, though.

I don't know if it is because they are easy targets, or otherwise obnoxious...but Brits have sure been taking on alot of public humiliation this year. I would recommend they tread carefully.

Edited by slipperylobster

Why apology to Thai people ?

Jordan is a guest in Thailand and, due to his selfish and thoughtless actions, has wasted considerable finite police resources......such expense ultimately met by the Thai people, and better utilized elsewhere.

A humiliating apology to everyone concerned is the very least this young fellow should offer.

EDIT: but yes, maybe a few police man-hours could have been saved if every cop in town didn't hang around to appear in the trophy photo.

Edited by Radar501

"........the kid was a tit but no need for police milk it like this."

Isn't that what tits are for?whistling.gif

What a horrible country.

Yes he was a silly boy but these arrogant selfish Thais should be apologizing for all the scams and thuggery they put innocent foreign 'guests' through.

Again and again I am convinced they don't deserve any tourists.

I've seen apologies from Thais caught scamming and other offences involving tourists but it's to the country for any damage to the national reputation and the the tourist industry naturally, never to their victims.

Before being paraded did this young idiot have access to anyone from the British Embassy so if not who ' whispered ' in his ear that an apology was necessary ?

I'm not convinced he would have thought of it himself.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Says so much about Thailand that he needs to apologise to a whole nation.

the idiot should be banned from Thailand AFTER he gets out off the slammer! he mus be a real dumb ass to worry his parents like this! if he was my boy I would knock the shit right out of him and teach him how to wear his cap right!