Expat's living in bangkok

dazdaz

Try the Sukhumvit Road areas between Soi (streets) 1(soi zero)and up to 53 after Ek-ca-mai (bus station) Nana,Cowboy and a little bit of Washington Sq. are mostly inhabited with your average beer swilling,big mouth sex tourists(all good ol boys)but heck it always holiday time.Soi 33 on the other hand tends to be where the other x-ps mostly An-JANS (teachers)and normal people who work in Bangers locate due to it nice wee Supermarket and English type Pubs...I will stop at that  :o
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

What is your expat in Bkk residing opinion regarding the most SILENT areas to stay?

(by means of traffic noise) - but still as close as possible to Skytrain connections (a 10-20 minute walk to the next station would not bother me) ?

Furthermore - is it recommended to choose higher floor levels to avoid noise?

(how much more expensive (%) could that be to rent such an apt?)

thx

I would personally recommend the luck I had with the Saphan Kwai / Ari area (same name as the Sky train stops). Quiet people live out here for the most part. Close to markets (Jatujak, Tops, Villa, Big C, Central Lad Prao, etc...) and it's upper class / middle class Thai for the most part (in most areas). Phahonyothin soi 7 (also known as Soi Ari...right near Ari skytrain), soi 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...good places to live for normal life...good priced rent. If you wanna go to suk, just jump on the sky train and you're there in 15 - 20 mins (or 30 mins in taxi via expressway). Good luck!