Jobs on Ajarn (Newton Prep)

Mencken

I'm of the opinion 90% of the jobs posted and 100% of Ts searching for work are just rubbish. It seems the same agencies endlessly posting jobs as their former Ts jump like rats on a ship.

I often wonder if the smart ones create new logos and company names, the agency you visit and contract you sign are the SOS.

At least they are relatively serious and not trying to entice punters to this tropical paradise where they can travel at will while teaching a bit of English as they see fit.

Some jobs on boards are clearly illegal and ez to spot. They sound like such crap its difficult to imagine anyone applying.

There is one advertiser that keeps popping up far too much, Newton. Anyone know anything about this prep academy appreciate a pm. The adverts are always odd, two websites, email - but states ONLY WRITE TO THIS ADDRESS...

Ajarn needs to get some new clients. It's as old and tired as the teachers looking for jobs.

Yes, there are more than a few dodgy companies that advertise there. One in particular, that specializes in corporate English, and is located in a building very close to Asok, often advertises for management positions, but when interviewed the good position "was just filled, but you would be perfect for the trash position we have". I met with them once and they wanted me to develop a complete program (for free) and submit it to them, then if they liked it they said they would hire me to implement it. When I asked what was to stop them from taking my work and finding a less qualified and cheaper teacher to do the program the dodgy grin from the director told me that was exactly what they planned. Never trust any language school in Thailand, especially one ran by 20-soemthing British boys.