Bangkok: A new 5 Star Tourist Destination?

Jimmpy

With the Shin's gone, I thought it would be a good time to come back to Bangkok.

Had no idea that it had been turned into a 5 star tourist trap since my last visit here in 2002.

I rember Bangkok from the late 20th century and what a great place it was.

Do you think it's still thriving on its long reputation that Murry Head was singing about in his song "One Night In Bangkok".

Or, do you think Bangkok will make-it as a 5 star tourist destination?

Edited by Jimmpy

????

What are you talking about?

There are places to go for every budget.

If you're a tourist going to tourist places then that's all you're seeing & being charged.

Get off the tourist trail & you'll enjoy it more, spend less, learn more, be happier & want to return more often.

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering the question Onetime.

As you mentioned, the entire place seems to be a rip-off; a nuisance and waste of time as well.

Probably most of the current members have never experienced the old Bangkok?

As you mentioned, the entire place seems to be a rip-off; a nuisance and waste of time as well.

Another silly "old hand" who needs to feel they're part of some sort of imaginary elite who ostensibly "discovered" Bangkok when, in their opinion, it was "better", "cooler", "friendlier" blah, blah, blah

If we wait, there'll be some washed up mook along in a minute who'll yap on about Bangkok in the 90s and how it all went south when a beer, a bar fine and a bang exceeded 500 baht for the first time.

Bangkok's been developing and prices have inevitably risen.

If the OP can't afford it any more, he should slope off to Phnom Penh where a modest budget and a white face will still impress the locals and stop being a bore stuck in time.

Edited by Cypress Hill

Yea while the Shin's were here, I would not want to go to BKK, I mean it would be so awkward to to run in to them in the street, have to say hello, probably invited to dinner, then have to make those uncomfortable excuses,

Thak can be such a bore!

Now that they are gone I am also thinking of giving BKK a shot. but be carefull, sis is still around and she can me a handful, once she grubs your ear, she can go on and on and on,

Junta this and junta that, Boring!!

The posts that came after your last are an indication of the racism that you will experience in daily life here, on top of the rip-offs and scams.

Vietnam is giving visa's for a year to Americans. It's cheaper and the people are nicer. Have a look!