Will Thai iPhone 4S work in USA?

tkramer

Confirm it will... You can sign up for 1 month package for reasonable e price at most US cel providers

Except Verizon... They do something to their phones / network that only possible to use. Verizon version of iPhone to be used with their packages

Last year when I was back, got a one month Package with AT&T ... If memory serves me...

4G service - 3 GB Data and unlimited local calls and texts... For like 30 or 40 USD (can't remember)

Of course all these replies assume that your newly purchased iPhone is unlocked and not tied to a Thai carrier !

AT&T will be a dollar or two for the SIM card and $50 for 5 GB of data for the month

Go to the AT&T web site, Wireless, and look for the section titled "bring your own device" for specific details

Of course all these replies assume that your newly purchased iPhone is unlocked and not tied to a Thai carrier !

AT&T will be a dollar or two for the SIM card and $50 for 5 GB of data for the month

Go to the AT&T web site, Wireless, and look for the section titled "bring your own device" for specific details

In the entire time I've been in Thailand, never heard of phone carrier tying the phone to a certain SIM/carrier

Only place that know of where that this is popular is US

In the entire time I've been in Thailand, never heard of phone carrier tying the phone to a certain SIM/carrier

Only place that know of where that this is popular is US

Your are correct, upon further investigation it is actually illegal to SIM lock a cell phone here in Thailand:

Thailand[edit]

Thailand is also another country that forbids outright SIM locking and as a result, no phones are sold in the market are subsidized by carriers. Up until recently mobile phone manufacturers have their own store fronts and mobile carriers are only the service providers.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_lock