Wife and child migrating to Australia

Im an Australian national. Have been married to a Thai lady for eight years and living in Thailand during this time. We have a son. I am now thinking about returning to Australia to live. Can anyone advise what visa would be the best for my wife and child to apply for, the approximate costs of such and the time frame in which a decision on the visa is made. I must add that our child is not mine by blood, my wife had him with another fellow who took off whilst she was pregnant. We were separated at the time. The child's birth certificate however names me as the father and therefore has my surname. Thanks for any advice.

• 3 months later...

If the child is not yours it is longer the application will take longer than 12 months - i say this from reading a lot of other threads on ThaiVisa over the years. have a good poke around on the old threads, like this one:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736813-aussie-partner-processing-wait-times/

which really should be pinned

As a wife of a Thai national and mother of a dual national that moved back before his was granted - wish had applied earlier as the waiting stinks. Waiting it out together in Thailand would have been much better as every day here drags more and costs a lot more too :)

Good luck!