Penang.

My mate came back from Penang this morning. He tried to apply for a non imm o multiple on the basis of marriage. He was turned down flat, given 3 months and told to sort himself out in Thailand. Just a word of warning to anyone wondering. PENANG WILL NOT ISSUE MULTIPLE ENTRY VISAS TO ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND THE NEW REGULATIONS ARE HERE TO STAY.

I hope this post is of some assistance for a few of you. Good luck to us all.

Anybody,

Can you get perpetual single entry visa's (non imm o - marrige) from Penang/KL/Singapore?

Can you fly down every 3 months? Is there a limit?

Thanks

nam

And one more question that goes hand in hand with the 3-monthly issue. Will the Immigration Offices in Thailand continue to give 30-day extensions on the single-entry visas when you present them with a passport full of stamps/tourist visas?

No one can answer this question , but my guess is NO.

Get your paper IN Thailand sorted out, that's the message which was posted already in the first post .

Thanks to Baboon for the Info , it should save a lot of people time and money .

One advantage of this new rule is that , within the first 9 days after arrival with a 30days visa exempt , stamp you can change/apply for a Non Immigrant Visa , provided all paperwork is in order.

Thanks for the info.....................

I hope that is not the case at all embassies/ consulates in SE Asia, coz ill be going for a 1 year multi entry Non Imm O in Singapore in 2 weeks. I got an e-mail from the embassy saying they will give me the 1 year, which i will print out and take with me. But im concerned that since my last 1 year Non O expired in August, they might not issue me with another one straight away, they might say "Why didnt you go for an extension?"

My only two replys to that are, I only plan to stay in Thailand for 1 more year and im not going to transfer my money into a thai bank short term or my last visa was stamped "Extension of stay not permitted" at the bottom of the visa and i thought I could not extend it...................

Would it be worth loosing the old passport with the old visa in it and just get a new passport from the Oz embassy?

Royal Thai Embassy

370 Orchard Road

Singapore 238870

Tel. (65-6) 737-2158, 737-2644, 737-2475-6

Fax. (65-6) 732-0778

Consular: (65-6) 835-4991

E-mail : [email protected]

Office Hours :

Visa and Consular section : 09.15-12.00 a.m. and 14.00-16.30 p.m.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1830.php?depcode=24700100