Villagefarang Trailing in POTY Poll

chiang mai

Many of you will have known him from his postings in the Chiang Rai forum and for his his balanced views on life in Thailand and his supportive attitude towards fellow forum members. Villagefarang was perhaps best known for stunning photography of northern Thailand, some of which can be found here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VillageFarang/posts

Sadly however I now have to report that VF is trailing in the polls for poster of the year and he needs your support, wont you please help and vote for him, I can't think of anyone more deserving?

The link to the voting can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879554-vote-now-poster-of-the-year-2015-sizzlin-hot-semifinal-round/

Simply clink on the link and vote for Villagefarang, one of the most deserving contestants in this race and owner of:

life%252520-%2525203.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

You could have chosen a better title, sounds like he died....

Or was that your intention to get people to click on your post? If so, it is in very bad taste.

I never really thought about it in that context, I just think it's very sad that such a well qualified contest is trailing the lead.

I'll take the opposing view. I met several people visiting here from Chiang Rai last year. During the natural course of conversation, it turns out they used to be TV members but left to join another forum due to what they described as the unacceptable behavior of villagefarang on the Chiang Rai forum.

I'll also say it's very petty of you to post this in the Chiang Mai forum where we have several of our own resident members competing for the same "title". Cheap shot at those members.

I'll take the opposing view. I met several people visiting here from Chiang Rai last year. During the natural course of conversation, it turns out they used to be TV members but left to join another forum due to what they described as the unacceptable behavior of villagefarang on the Chiang Rai forum.

I'll also say it's very petty of you to post this in the Chiang Mai forum where we have several of our own resident members competing for the same "title". Cheap shot at those members.

There are many many ordinary decent expats in Chiangrai who have long memories of this individual who as referred to ordinary decent people as " the dregs". " the usual suspects" " the shorts and flipflop brigade" in the sarcastic way only he knows how to post. He looks down on anyone who goes out for a drink with friends

and as in the past recommended you don't go out after dark in case you get mugged by some drunken farang who are only out after dark. ALL TRUE

You can kid some of the people some of the time

But you cant kid all the people all the time

Of course it, moving on:

Isn't that a great picture in the OP, a beautiful dog..

First of all let me say thank you Chiang Mai for your support and kind words. I was more than a little surprised that anyone would make such a thoughtful gesture. Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition. Friends often asked why I put up with such abuse in the past and I tried to explain that I simply didn’t want to give in to a small group of bullies. I enjoy ThaiVisa too much to let it be overrun by the negative posters. Some of us have to stay and represent the other end of the spectrum.
To be honest third place in the competition feels about right to me. NancyL seems to want it much more than I do and Transam probably better represents the typical poster on ThaiVisa. I am just happy to be in the running. Again thank you very much for this kind gesture.wai.gif
Edited by villagefarang

First of all let me say thank you Chiang Mai for your support and kind words. I was more than a little surprised that anyone would make such a thoughtful gesture. Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition. Friends often asked why I put up with such abuse in the past and I tried to explain that I simply didn’t want to give in to a small group of bullies. I enjoy ThaiVisa too much to let it be overrun by the negative posters. Some of us have to stay and represent the other end of the spectrum.

To be honest third place in the competition feels about right to me. NancyL seems to want it much more than I do and Transam probably better represents the typical poster on ThaiVisa. I am just happy to be in the running. Again thank you very much for this kind gesture.wai.gif

I would immediately vote for you if there was a "quality farang of the year" poll :)

Always nice to read your posts. Thanks :)

I didn't know you could ask to have the title of a thread changed.

Nor did I know you could ask to have a member removed from ThaiVisa. I've never tried to do either. Yes, I know that people have been removed by the mods, but I didn't think it was as a result of a campaign by "bullies". You could figure out why they were removed from their posting history. And everyone who was removed received warnings.

I didn't know you could ask to have the title of a thread changed.

Nor did I know you could ask to have a member removed from ThaiVisa. I've never tried to do either. Yes, I know that people have been removed by the mods, but I didn't think it was as a result of a campaign by "bullies". You could figure out why they were removed from their posting history. And everyone who was removed received warnings.

No one likes a bully.

For those not aware, you can select as many candidates as you like in this phase.

VillageFarang currently sits third

He has Several posters nipping at his heels. SOiBiker, CrazuChef, Streetcowboy , etc.

A few people voting for these alternatives could even see VillageFarang pushed out of the top 5 and missing the finals!!

Could be intriguing, depending on how people vote.

Some posters taking themselves and this subject way too seriously for their own mental health, I especially liked the bit about being disloyalty to Chiang Mai forum members, excellent stuff!

Says the guy who started a new thread to campaign for his friend, lol. But I know what you mean about posters taking it waaaaay too seriously:

Villagefarang said: "That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition."

Hmmm...how about a link referencing the drama? I missed the whole thing sad.png

Lucky you! That was a very dark time in the Chiang Rai Forum and thankfully has been relegated to the archives. It is not something anyone on here wants to revisit.

Lucky you! That was a very dark time in the Chiang Rai Forum and thankfully has been relegated to the archives. It is not something anyone on here wants to revisit.

I'm with mesquite about being in the dark

Be good to read first hand the drama

Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

Ahh a persecution complex.. Perfect ThaiVisa material..

Yes, I think we should bring up old ThaiVisa dramas during the Final Round. I, for one, intend to come clean during the Final Round (if I'm fortunate enough to make it) and post the photo of Mr. Bitey and Hubby that caused so much controversy in last year's contest.