Cambodians at the park beside Mor Chit – Any idea whats up?

Finlaco

For the last year or so, at the weekend (especially on Sunday), the park beside Mor Chit BTS is full of Cambodians (circa 18-22 years old), sometimes with flags painted on their faces or wearing bandanas/tshirts in their country colours. It appears that they congregate at the Railway Park opposite (Sanam Lot Fai). Any one ‘knows’ what’s going on? Looks a bit like a political rally except its Thailand and I would assume not allowed. Just curious .....

looks like i'm gonna have to repost later when the kids are in bed - probably best moderator to close this posting now

Its only fair to answer the OP, no sorry haven't got a clue whats up and I don't care either. The only interesting part of the OP was reading the word Cambodian. Sorry but thats the truth. Get a life, your supposed to be in Thailand.

Maybe it's their day off work, just like how all the domestic workers from the Philippines meet up on Sundays in Hong Kong and Singapore e.g at Lucky Plaza.

was thinking the same (used to live in Singapore) but that doesn't explain the flags painted on their faces and bandanas etc...