We safe Thailand safe! Thai cops say country safe for 'touris'

webfact

It is difficult, though not imposdible, to imagine what kind of douchebag farang would a) become a tourist police volunteer, b ) march in that parade, and c) willingly hold up the misspelled sign for the cameras.

Haha and with a blatant spelling error in my own post!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is difficult, though not imposdible, to imagine what kind of douchebag farang would a) become a tourist police volunteer, b ) march in that parade, and c) willingly hold up the misspelled sign for the cameras.

Haha and with a blatant spelling error in my own post!

If you call yourself out for a misspelling, can you sue yourself for defamation?

Interesting comment, take a look at............ Andrew Drummond .com............... you,ll have to access it through a proxy server, as it is blocked here in Thailand for being possibly a little too.true?...................... you decide!

You,ll see an article, among others which highlights the alleged background of a former leader of the Tourist police in a popular beach resort.

Ive often wondered why a guy would want to do this job wearing the uniform of the tourist police whilst totally unable to aid the victims of the jetski scam who need their help the most.

• 1 month later...

I went to Central World plaza this weekend. I saw many armed policemen watching from the walkingbridge. Entering Central the security said "bag, bag, bag" to me, he wanted to look inside my backpack, no problem but why not learn those few english words?

After shopping some hours i went out of the Isetan-store to have a smoke. When i came back into the mall there was NO security AT ALL. I could just walk in with the same backpack.

Later we went to Siam Paragon, i passed the scanner, alarm went off but it was unmanned. There was a guard looking inside the mall all the time, he didn't pay any attention to visitors entering the mall or to the scanner.

So touris must be very safe now.whistling.gif

I was pulled over in a check point and the cop lightly patted me on the love handles and a little bit on my bellly and I was ok, no suicide vest. He then looked under the seat but not in the front compartments. He then looked in my plastic bag containing a book and a towel and gave me a Larry David stare and asked me where I was going. I had to really try hard not to laugh at him.