single visa where to apply?

Hello,

at the end of january I need to renew my visa and it will be the first time for me to apply for single visa, after i divorced.

I also will be in chiang may for 4/5 days for holiday. So my trip for visa will start from chiang mai.

So my first question is if you could suggest me which is the best and fastest way to get a single visa?

By plane or by van or by bus or ....???

I was thinking to go to Vientiane via Udon by plane, or is it better to fly to Savannakhet by Bkk?

Or do you have any others suggestion?

And second question: if I go to Vientiane the flight from chiang mai lands at 17.30, so I have to sleep in Udon. The day after do i have time enough to apply for visa in the morning? Or will i lose another day? (it will be my first time in vientiane).

And when do they give me back my passport with single visa?

Finally: can you confirm me that there is not any chance to get longer visa, because i'm 41...

Thanks for any suggestions...

I've been looking at the air Asia flight to Hong kong, it gets their at 9.30 you may have time to get your application in before the dead line. If they need evidence of onward travel they also allow bookings that can be date shifted at a low cost.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect!

You can only get a single entry tourist visa.

The 17:30 arrival in Udon gives you plenty of time to cross the bridge to Vientiane. It does not close until 10 pm. You can get a van form the airport to the bridge.

Much easier to go to Vientiane from CM than Savannakhet.

• Like 1

You can only get a single entry tourist visa.

The 17:30 arrival in Udon gives you plenty of time to cross the bridge to Vientiane. It does not close until 10 pm. You can get a van form the airport to the bridge.

Much easier to go to Vientiane from CM than Savannakhet.

very thanks.... someone told me that the bridge close early.... so it's easier... thanks...

And, can I find easily van and taxi like in thai, from Laos border to the hotel in vientiane ?