When is Immigration planning to move all services to the Promenade?

connda

Has anyone heard when they plan to move the rest of the Immigration service from the Airport location to the Promenada, specially looking for the estimated move date for Visa extensions based on marriage? My extension date is close enough that I need to start planning.

Edited by connda

I'm at Immigration at Promanda now, they are doing Annual extensions of stay here today.

Which ones?? Retirement or marriage or both??

Perhaps I misspoke or somebody did whistling.gif

I did my 90 Day Report and Re-entry Permit

So these were definitely being processed there this morning

7 a.m. arrival and done at 10:15 for 90 day and Re-entry took 15 min at 9 a.m.

Afterwards I went to ask so I could answer your question

First desk they told me the next desk was doing the Marriage Visa

Doubled checked with the next desk and they said both Marriage and Retirement were being done a Airport Immigration Office

Asked another person manning the original desk I asked upon arriving and they didn't know.

So I can't say and apologize for originally repeating what some of the powers that be told me.

I can say I saw signs to lines for Re-Entry, Tourist, 90 Day and Doctor Certificate but none for Annual Renewal, Extending Long Stay, Retirement, Marriage, Business, Student etc.

I'm doing my Annual Non-Imm Extension of Long Stay Visa for Supporting a Thai Citizen (well at least that's what I call it) in two weeks and will first try the Airport location.

I vote to move it back to aiport plaza area...so much easier to get to in the middle of the night, and so close to many good bank branches.

The same banks have branches in Promenada Mall.

The same ones with low interest rates. What about CIMB or Krungsri? Next month, I'll collect 17,333 THB on a 13 month 500K FD....just thought the sheeple might like to know.

Went there at noon today, for 90 day report...sign said Full Up.

What's the best time, or alternate way to do this quickly?

Alternate way to do 90 day reports quickly -- by post or perhaps on-line (if you're lucky): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Excellent feedback on submitting 90 day reports by mail, provided you follow the procedure properly.

I do my 90 day reports by mail and still sending to the Airport office address. Does anyone know if that address will remain valid or if there is a new address immigration prefers we use?

I send my 90 day reports by EMS, I noticed that the second last one (all addressed to Airport Office) was marked as "Out for delivery" then signed for on the Friday, picked up again and out for delivery on the Monday then resigned for Monday afternoon.

I can only suspect that it went to the Airport office, then possibly passed on to Promenada.?

The last 90 day report - two weeks ago only went to one office, which I presume was Airport as that was where I sent it.

Bit of a mess Chiang Mai at the moment, the immigration dept. needs a good sort out. Ridiculous that people have to take a gamble at which office does what and then go and hang around at 4 in the morning to get an appointment. I haven't heard of any other offices that behave like this.

Went there at noon today, for 90 day report...sign said Full Up.

What's the best time, or alternate way to do this quickly?

Read my post above

Thanks for your recent experience. I've been doing this for over five years. I used to go there (Airport location) mid week at 12.40pm , get my number at 1:00pm, when they resumed after lunch, and be out by 2:00pm. Looks like pm is now out of the question.

Thanks again

I'm at Immigration at Promanda now, they are doing Annual extensions of stay here today.

Which ones?? Retirement or marriage or both??

Perhaps I misspoke or somebody did whistling.gif

I did my 90 Day Report and Re-entry Permit

So these were definitely being processed there this morning

7 a.m. arrival and done at 10:15 for 90 day and Re-entry took 15 min at 9 a.m.

Afterwards I went to ask so I could answer your question

First desk they told me the next desk was doing the Marriage Visa

Doubled checked with the next desk and they said both Marriage and Retirement were being done a Airport Immigration Office

Asked another person manning the original desk I asked upon arriving and they didn't know.

So I can't say and apologize for originally repeating what some of the powers that be told me.

I can say I saw signs to lines for Re-Entry, Tourist, 90 Day and Doctor Certificate but none for Annual Renewal, Extending Long Stay, Retirement, Marriage, Business, Student etc.

I'm doing my Annual Non-Imm Extension of Long Stay Visa for Supporting a Thai Citizen (well at least that's what I call it) in two weeks and will first try the Airport location.

Sweet Jesus. That sound about par for the course.

I did my 90 reporting today at the post office,think it took about 10 minutes, and cost me 40bht

Thanks. Can this be at any post office. Please since when? Thsnks

He means he mailed it to Immigration from the Post Office. So yes, any Post Office will work.

Twenty-one replies deep, and published on the TV subscription service Featured Topics, and nobody has answered the initial question:
"When is Immigration planning to move all services to the Promenade?" But we do have a smorgasbord of off-topic relies. Excellent!

Any takers??? No? My question has been answered.

Mod, just close the thread.

Edited by connda

Of more importance, when are they planning on getting their procedures into the 21st Century, for example by installing a ticket number machine like they have in the banks?

I feel that would be a great idea. One for each service they offer there. I would put an opening time of 5:00 in the morning also. People come earlier they can sit in the line like they do now. I would how ever want to see them put a responsible person there to monitor it to prevent people from getting more than one number.

I guess what I am saying is prevent scalpers like they have at major sports events.

I mailed my 90 on 4 December, and haven't heard a peep from them.

I would suggest,you go to airport immigration office.go to old guy at the far desk were use to do 90 day reports,show him your receipt from post office,and explain looks like self address letter not come back,he will understand situation seen It all before. if u don't go your looking at a big fine.(ps don't forget the bung) very nice and helpful officer,be polite he will fix it.

Had same problem, i mailed on 15 and yesterday 22 still no news. Went there (near airport) to the uni girl at the desk, she took my passport and came back after 5 min. with the copy of my new slip mailed by them on 21st, received today 23. They are super busy there and big renovation job going on.

and big renovation job going on.

I told you. Why would they be doing that if they were going to move all services to Promenada?
My bet is they will never move. I think it was an exploratory idea, and one that the Promenada boss thought would be useful for the Ghost Mall.
But if you look at the immigration setup in Promenada, it does have a sense of "temporariness" to it.

and big renovation job going on.

I told you. Why would they be doing that if they were going to move all services to Promenada?
My bet is they will never move. I think it was an exploratory idea, and one that the Promenada boss thought would be useful for the Ghost Mall.
But if you look at the immigration setup in Promenada, it does have a sense of "temporariness" to it.

Yes exactly....temporary in Promenada, and even though the size will be almost double than before, is going to be still too small for Chiang mai.

I mailed my 90 on 4 December, and haven't heard a peep from them.

I would suggest,you go to airport immigration office.go to old guy at the far desk were use to do 90 day reports,show him your receipt from post office,and explain looks like self address letter not come back,he will understand situation seen It all before. if u don't go your looking at a big fine.(ps don't forget the bung) very nice and helpful officer,be polite he will fix it.

but to complicate things, I was successful online on 11 December, and did annual extension last Thursday. I have a copy with the approved stamp, and the new slip in my passport...but still wondering what happened....BTW, the fine is 2000 thb..and not even close to the same league as an overstay. Many have stated they don't check them at the airport, and that has been my experience, too.