Krabi marine office warns of high waves and strong winds in the sea this week

webfact

Krabi marine office warns of high waves and strong winds in the sea this week

207-wpcf_728x409.jpg

KRABI: -- The marine officials in Krabi today warned tourist boat operators of dangers from strong winds and high waves this week and advised them to be well prepared before sailing into the sea with tourists.

Warning Krabi marine office came as the Meteorological Department predicted of strengthened low pressure front moving into the Gulf of Thailand and the Southern Region from December 22-23 as the northeasterly wind still blowing in to the Gulf.

This will result in increased showers in the South, especially in Prachuab Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Ranong provinces.

Heavy to heaviest rains are expected and flashfloods could be expected in these areas, it said.

In addition, high waves of 2-3 metre high are also expected in the sea, it said and advised that small boats be either anchored at shores or sail with caution this week.

High pressure front that blanketed upper Thailand also weakened this week, thus causing warmer temperatures in the upper region.

But the weather in the northern, northeastern, and central regions remain cool in the morning this week.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/krabi-marine-office-warns-of-high-waves-and-strong-winds-in-the-sea-this-week

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-22

Take Care!, tourists in Krabi and south. It was a great month here in Thailand for me as I visited around

Bangkok, Hua Hin and Jomtien. Great weather and only one day of rain. The food was fantastic, the beer

was cold, and the ladies were all so pretty. Thanks again Thailand for providing me with another very

happy and memorable vacation.

The Geezer

Archived