Importing My Dog From The Uk To Thailand

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but here goes (again?). We have just moved from the UK to Thailand but left our Labrador dog with relatives in the UK. :o My wife and I both really want to bring our dog here as he is a member of our family. Has anyone got any advice as to how we should go about doing this, what company to use or avoid? Any help / advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I would imagine first you would need a passport for your pet (confirming it had vaccinations and is healthy) - they introduced it in the UK a few years ago and it use to be £500.

to avoid stress for the animal and maybe to save some money - better would be flying it with you or relatives instead of sending it by a courier company

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but here goes (again?). We have just moved from the UK to Thailand but left our Labrador dog with relatives in the UK. :D My wife and I both really want to bring our dog here as he is a member of our family. Has anyone got any advice as to how we should go about doing this, what company to use or avoid? Any help / advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Try the search button in this forum.

You're correct, it has been asked many, many times. :o

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but here goes (again?). We have just moved from the UK to Thailand but left our Labrador dog with relatives in the UK. :D My wife and I both really want to bring our dog here as he is a member of our family. Has anyone got any advice as to how we should go about doing this, what company to use or avoid? Any help / advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Try the search button in this forum.

You're correct, it has been asked many, many times. :o

I was in the same situation as you But left 2 dogs in the uk.

The best web site is passports for pets.

My friend brought them over.

There is no quarentine all you have to do is 1st apply foe export license 2nd get vaccinations done 21 days prior to flying 3rd order dog container options plastic or wood (make sure has water container)4th have your dog wieghed and measured5th book flight for dog if accompained the dog can go as excess luggage believe it or not.6th have dog examined 48 hours before flight and get certificate without it they can not fly7th orchestra dogs and container to the airport at the same time 5 hours before flight.8th dogs must not eat for 12 nhours prior to flying.

You need someone to go with them I know first hand at Bankok a customs man tried to steel my Japanese akita.

Make sure they are staying its 6months quarentine going back.

Notes both Thai airways and BA are very helpful and can confirm these points.Hope this is useful.

I do believe if your pet has a UK passport it can travel anytime into the country without the need for a quarantine - not only that you are separated with your pet for at least 6 month, it costs several thousands pounds.

Again, you might need to carry on regular vaccinations.