Singaporean man jumps to death after arguing with girlfriend

snoop1130

Singaporean man jumps to death after arguing with girlfriend
By Coconuts Bangkok

khonkaen.jpg

THAILAND -- A Singaporean man died this morning after jumping from a pedestrian bridge and getting run over by a car following a heated argument with his girlfriend.

The man, 47, jumped from the bridge in Khon Kaen's Chump Phae district at 9.30am, Bangkok Post reported.

A man driving a Toyota below the bridge was unable to swerve and avoid hitting the tourist when he jumped, police said.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/22/singaporean-man-jumps-death-after-arguing-girlfriend

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-22

blink.png 9:30 AM in Chum Phae!!!

Could well have been me driving under that pedestrian bridge (only one in the center of town, two further outside).

The picture in the report shows Khon Kaen city, 80 km away.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Could well have been me driving under that pedestrian bridge (only one in the center of town, two further outside).

Yeah, Chumpae is about 2 hours drive due west of Khon Kaen. I feel sorry for the driver...imagine that, you're driving along minding your own business and some knucklehead jumps off a bridge and lands in front of you on the highway. It could have caused a major accident...very inconsiderate of the Singaporean.

I did have a GF from Chumpae once in another lifetime and they can be a little firely...but she was definitely worth it. I'm glad I did eventually get rid of her before I contemplated jumping off a bridge onto a highway.

Not in town, but it happened about 5 km from Chum Phae towards Khon Kaen at highway 12 just in front of a school, Ban Khok Sung School.

At this bridge:

https://goo.gl/maps/4ALNd7dKDNB2

I pass there at least twice a month in both directions.

I was just in Chum Phae after a long time, as I drove a Big Bike faster such a incident can kill or at least hurt others too! blink.png

No.

No man is immune.

Terrible and without his influence his daughter will grow up in this culture and think its normal.

Poor guy.

Yeah, Chumpae is about 2 hours drive due west of Khon Kaen.

I did have a GF from Chumpae once in another lifetime and they can be a little firely...but she was definitely worth it.

-OMG- Can sign that "they can be a little firely" = had a GF in Phukiau about 45 km away and she was,

is also "a little firely" blink.png

Only, what kind of vehicle had you been driving?

"Chumpe is about 2 hours drive due west of Khon Kaen."

Khon Kaen city - Chumphe 80 km. You needed 2 hours for that distance? rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

No.

No man is immune.

Terrible and without his influence his daughter will grow up in this culture and think its normal.

Poor guy.

I agree, it is a sad story when a child is involved, the man obviously had the same short fuse that the Thais have. Love is OK as long as you don't let it get to you.

No.

No man is immune.

Poor guy.

I agree, it is a sad story when a child is involved, the man obviously had the same short fuse that the Thais have. Love is OK as long as you don't let it get to you.

Soal,

A farang makes headlines atleast once a month for jumping to their death.

How would a Thai male have handled this? My wife says he would have smacked around his Thai wife and then gone over to his young girlfriends place.

Do Thai men often commit suicide like this?

Serious question.

Thanks

Edited by ClutchClark

No.

No man is immune.

Poor guy.

Soal,

A farang makes headlines atleast once a month for jumping to their death.

How would a Thai male have handled this? My wife says he would have smacked around his Thai wife and then gone over to his young girlfriends place.

Do Thai men often commit suicide like this?

Serious question.

Thanks

I know of two men in my village who committed suicide because of their wives, one even became a monk for a short time to bring good fortune to his relationship, it didn't work of course and even though he had had a long time to come to terms with the facts, he took an overdose of Paracetomol and died,an uncomfortable death i believe. Farang who commit suicide here are usually old,perhaps with medical problems, certainly detached from reality but yes short fuses aren't just a property of Thai's

Yeah, Chumpae is about 2 hours drive due west of Khon Kaen.

I did have a GF from Chumpae once in another lifetime and they can be a little firely...but she was definitely worth it.

-OMG- Can sign that "they can be a little firely" = had a GF in Phukiau about 45 km away and she was,

is also "a little firely" blink.png

Only, what kind of vehicle had you been driving?

"Chumpe is about 2 hours drive due west of Khon Kaen."

Khon Kaen city - Chumphe 80 km. You needed 2 hours for that distance? rolleyes.gif

The was my recollection driving from the KK airport but it was years ago so I could be off a bit. Had another girl from Phu Wieng so maybe it was two hour drive to there.

Khon Kaen and Udon Thani both have a very high suicide rate.

There must be something wrong with the drinking water. Or the hormones? Or both? Really glad that it wasn't me who drove over the guy.

Edited by lostinisaan

Did he jump or ran over, which one is it & what first? Think if a bunch of bad guys came & executed a thousand foreigners, Thai (gov controlled) media would say, "last night, thousands of Farangs committed suicide, jumping to their deaths from...." Just to protect "tourism", after all Farangs are stupid.

The perils using coconuts as a reputable news source.

ClutchClark, you posted " Terrible and without his influence his daughter will grow up in this culture and think its normal." Have you ever considered that normal is a relative word. What makes the western culture normal, or the eastern culture abnormal?

I never suggested Eastern culture...you did.

I was sympathetic to the man who is from Singapore. Isn't that Eastern Culture?

However, you are correct that I should not have used the word, "Normal".

I should have substituted, "Acceptable".

Thankyou for bringing that error to my attention.

ClutchClark, the same argument can be used for acceptable. I grew up in the west and for the first 36 years of my life was exposed exclusively to the western culture, and if you asked me back then if that was normal and acceptable, I would have said yes. Now after being exposed to the Thai culture for 30 years and living here for 13, I would never say one was right and one was wrong. I think as farang living here we should except that. We may not like it, but it is reality, the same way we expect people to accept our home country's culture, when they are in our home country.

I have heard and read about committing suicide for the cause of 'amour' Maybe he was hoping to survive the jump and have the girlfriend fall back in love with him at his hospital bedside,as happens in most of the Thai soaps here.But to get hit by a car whilst doing the deed, but shit!!!! thats just bad luck!