Hi,

Can anybody give me an idea where I can find a decent map or a Google Earth pic of the Mabprachan Reservoir area? I've a daft friend about to "buy" a minimart/salon shophouse there. I know that it's approx. 30 km. east of Pattaya. Trying to give him due warning about the rules of Thai real estate.

Thanks,

DD

Hi,

Can anybody give me an idea where I can find a decent map or a Google Earth pic of the Mabprachan Reservoir area? I've a daft friend about to "buy" a minimart/salon shophouse there. I know that it's approx. 30 km. east of Pattaya. Trying to give him due warning about the rules of Thai real estate.

Thanks,

DD

If it's the one I'm thinking of (and there can't be too many mini-mart salons up for sale in that area). then it's only 12 kms from Sukhumvit/Naklua - about 15 mins drive. Not far from the Mobi mansion actually. I was thinking of buying it for the wife, but we backed out after thinking it through. Could have very good potential, but will take a while to pick up, and loadsa very hard work and long hours :D

I too would love to have a detailed map of the area. All the maps I have come across, includng those on line or on cd stop short of the far end of Mabprachan, just west of the Rayong highway. It's very frustrating. :o

Thanks guys, I got it now. I lived in Pattaya for 8 mo. north end of the beach, but never got out that way, didn't know where it was.

Well it's a done deal, anyway. We'll see how long it goes, hope the GF doesn't spirit it away from him. He bought it from a Polish guy, does that sound like the same place Mobi?