Are these solutions for smelly drains availble in Thailand?

pj123

Found a similar product in a Boonthavorn Store, made by Cotto, called Smart Drain. 650 THB. We will give it a try.

It works very well indeed, it also stops mossies from traveling back up the pipe and into the house.

Have never had a flow problem at home if I clean weekly - but if hair and dirt are allowed to take up most of the water tray space that could happen. Have had such issues in hotels. They are really easy to clean but guess some just use the mop and don't take the cover off.

It wasn't a case of it being dirty, in fact surprisingly clean. They had one of the large, about 12 inch diameter, shower heads and the shower cubicle started to become like a paddling pool. Just not something i would have thought about.

I have one in one of my bathrooms and for the average shower they work reasonably well.

• 2 weeks later...

A simple solution for the absence of a p trap in a floor drain is to cut a piece of rubber to cover the drain - on the top - ok for 'functional' bathrooms, laundry etc, not so good for beautiful bathrooms.

Also, good to help isolate the source of any smell.