District Officials continue to raid licensed establishments in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

District Officials continue to raid licensed establishments in Pattaya

shop-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA:-- A team of over 50 District Officers and Police were on the hunt once again in the early hours of Wednesday in search of venues opened after their licensed operating hours or stores selling alcohol at times restricted by Thai law.

The team began their night at the “Volume Karaoke & Pub” and “Sure Karaoke & Pub” in Central Pattaya. Both venues were found to be open after their permitted licensed operating hours and patrons and staff under the age of 20 were found inside. The manager at both venues were arrested.

The team then went to the Barbie Bar and Baan Laksi Bar, both in Central Pattaya and found both venues were open when they should have been closed. Managers of both venues were arrested by the officers.

The team ended their night at a 7-Eleven Convenience Store in Soi Buakhao where they were made aware of workers selling alcoholic beverages to customers under the age of 20.

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-24

The whole law is crazy.

Last night, I went to a 7-eleven at 00.05 to buy a couple of beers. The staff couldn't sell them to me. The cash register was programmed not to accept alcohol.

Ok, I bought a few snacks, went to the shop next door and it was packed with people buying alcohol.

Amongst the customers were a couple of girls who were provably about 12 -13 years old. They bought 6 big bottles of Leo without any problems.

In my local 7-11, the customers grab the bottle opener, open the beer and then proffer the money. The till won't accept the payment. The customer feigns surprise. The cashier has to call the manager who overrides the till as the beer is already opened.

I don't see how an owner of a 7-11 can have his ass hauled off to jail in the middle of the night, and lose his license to sell alcohol for 5 years, just because one of his dumb employees, who was told not to sell alcohol to a minor, does. Seems to me the employee is the one who should be fined and perhaps fired for doing this. .

The whole law is crazy.

Last night, I went to a 7-eleven at 00.05 to buy a couple of beers. The staff couldn't sell them to me. The cash register was programmed not to accept alcohol.

Ok, I bought a few snacks, went to the shop next door and it was packed with people buying alcohol.

Amongst the customers were a couple of girls who were provably about 12 -13 years old. They bought 6 big bottles of Leo without any problems.

should move to pattaya, 7-11, family mart sell booze 24-7, yet supermarkets are retricted, amazing Thailand.

Just another case of bringing happiness to the people. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Seems to be a lot of this going on lately, given that this is high season, the question in my mind is why now?

Of course, none of this would be a problem if the laws were properly enforced 24/7/365.

Edited by WhizBang