Hosetails for Pool Cleaning Hose

SantiSuk

Don't hang your Pool hose where it can catch the sun!

I suspect that strong Thai sunlight has contributed to the sudden collapse of my hose end, so I'll be moving the hanger to a place where it doesn't get a shaft of strong morning sunlight (for only a couple of hours).

I see that I can get a threaded replacement hose-tail from my usual online UK pool supplier (UK Poolstore) and since I'm visiting in 3 weeks that's where I'll go unless someone knows a source in Thailand that avoids the need to replace a complete otherwise serviceable hose. I've sent a request to ThaiV's sponsor already on that score.

Having checked that the other tail and the hose itself is not similarly compromised it would be a shame to throw away (actually it would go to the village recycling man!) a perfectly good 4yo hose!

post-74421-0-33467000-1450917131_thumb.j

Wouldn't have thought of that, since it's the white end, which I associate with going into the pool side vacuum inlet. Doesn't surprise me that you are an "out-of-the-box" thinker Crossy!!

We understand your concerns but unfortunately, in spite of stocking over 4,000 individual different spare parts for everything we sell, we don't stock spare cuffs for flexible hoses.

Emaux hoses do not like direct sunlight or bicycles.

Duraking hoses are very hard wearing and you can even drive over them with your car or quad-bike, but they are, of course, more expensive.

Happy holidays to all our customers who come to us through Thai Visa.com and thank you for your support throughout 2015.

Best wishes and sparkling clean water for 2016.