Saw the new cbr500r 2016

wow64

Was at the bike accessory shop yesterday and saw the new cbr500r in the flesh... This bike looks awesome in person.

Struggled to figure out what it actually was.. Front on had no idea.. Also the rear fender was removed... Looked awesome.

May be my new commuter.

post-208485-14509193712344_thumb.jpg

Edited by wow64

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks the same as a CBR 150, at 4 times the price...

4 times? No way amigo.

Less than double the price and double the fun, win win.

Yes it's a good looking bike but if I was on the market for a Honda 500 I would get the X, more comfortable for an old guy like me.

Looks the same as a CBR 150, at 4 times the price...

4 times? No way amigo.

Less than double the price and double the fun, win win.

Yes it's a good looking bike but if I was on the market for a Honda 500 I would get the X, more comfortable for an old guy like me.

Pretty sure it is not "less than double the price"... 200k approx depending on F, R or X model...

If you can get one for less than double, good luck :)

219,000b price tag at the motorcycle show in Rayong last month. Would be a great commuter also nice to travel with. Im going to buy one .

Chances are you'll be bored with it before the end of next year. Then you'll lose 50k approx on the sale !

Nice bike for a cruise around though :)

Still 471cc and redline at 8,400rpm?

Bor-----ring.

Sheep in wolf's clothing.

coffee1.gif

Here comes the Honda hater again wink.png

Nope.

Look at the vf750f above.

Now that's a bike.

coffee1.gif

iirc they were recalled due to camshaft bearing issues. But a hell of a bike. No real corners cut from the Superbike racing version.

Not a 471cc that redlines at 8,400rpm, but is dressed up and marketed as a 500 sportsbike.

No USD = no deal.

Not buying 1970 technology in 2016

go buy a bmw s1000rr but it is 840 k thb.

DELETED latest tech comes with money. do you have 840 k thb to spare for bike in thailand which will not be as easy to ride as a cbr500r at most normal riding situations?

DELETED. cbr500r designed for beginners and returning riders and for those dont need a lot of power but just a small nimble machine they can ride with minimal expense for service and petrol.

do you need those tech in Thailand as a farang as smallest problem at those electronics, you pay a hundred grand for repairs and wait for days.

and 1970s tech in cbr500r, i dont think so. yeah, bikes had two wheels in 1970 too:)

DELETED

bikes from decades before. yeah nice bikes but basically honda still delivers nice bikes.

and some focuses on rpm:)

it is not rpm that makes a bike sporty or not!DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

No USD = no deal.

latest tech comes with money. do you have 840 k thb to spare for bike in thailand which will not be as easy to ride as a cbr500r at most normal riding situations?

no one is forcing you. cbr500r designed for beginners and returning riders and for those dont need a lot of power but just a small nimble machine they can ride with minimal expense for service and petrol.

do you need those tech in Thailand as a farang as smallest problem at those electronics, you pay a hundred grand for repairs and wait for days.

and 1970s tech in cbr500r, i dont think so. yeah, bikes had two wheels in 1970 too:)

bikes from decades before. yeah nice bikes but basically honda still delivers nice bikes.

it is not rpm that makes a bike sporty or not!

Yes.

If I crave a bike I would buy a bike.

But as you pointed out they are expensive.

So I don't, but I can't be asked to go back in time.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

No USD = no deal.

latest tech comes with money. do you have 840 k thb to spare for bike in thailand which will not be as easy to ride as a cbr500r at most normal riding situations?

. cbr500r designed for beginners and returning riders and for those dont need a lot of power but just a small nimble machine they can ride with minimal expense for service and petrol.

it is not rpm that makes a bike sporty or not!

Yes.

it is not back in time.

it is a 2016 model good value for money motorcycle which also looks greater now.

it is done by latest production techniques and standards. material tech now is also a lot better than 1970s.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

the cb500f and cbr500r are great all around bikes. You can use it to commute, 7-eleven runs and travel. They only cost a little bit more than the Ninja300, R3, etc.

They're also a good investment if one day the government starts allowing 400cc and up bikes on the toll roads, (although it should be 250cc and up but hey)

some places that have big bike parking that restricts anything smaller than 400cc and these honda 500s are one of the smallest bikes allowed to park there,

Moving up from the ol' carb CBR150 this is the perfect bike for me.

These bikes were created for the A2 license in europe and for people who don't want a 600cc yet but 300cc doesn't suit their needs,

they need something in between that and the 500s fit the bill.

No USD = no deal.

. cbr500r designed for beginners and returning riders and for those dont need a lot of power but just a small nimble machine they can ride with minimal expense for service and petrol.

it is not rpm that makes a bike sporty or not! .

Yes.

it is not back in time.

it is a 2016 model good value for money motorcycle which also looks greater now.

it is done by latest production techniques and standards. material tech now is also a lot better than 1970s.

Honda is certainly not using better base materials than in the past, all the steel and alu is of a lower quality and therefore cheaper.

The suspension components are very old tech

What they've done is down cost the manufacturing while still holding the price, made for people that dont know about the tech advancements but

see its still go the "look".

Yes still a relatively entry level price, and would be a great bike for many people.

This is a running joke in the MX world about Japanese bikes:

A management meeting at one of the Japanese companies

post-80695-0-90388100-1451025162_thumb.j

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

do you have money? latest tech comes with money. do you have 840 k thb to spare for bike in thailand which will not be as easy to ride as a cbr500r at most normal riding situations?

no one is forcing you. cbr500r designed for beginners and returning riders and for those dont need a lot of power but just a small nimble machine they can ride with minimal expense for service and petrol.

a lot of dinosaurs run in this thread:)

it is not rpm that makes a bike sporty or not! if you dont know this just quit writing misleading information here (or basically quit riding in a bike forum and just read/experience a bit first then come) as you show your ignorance.

Yes.

it is not back in time.

Honda is certainly not using better base materials than in the past, all the steel and alu is of a lower quality and therefore cheaper.

The suspension components are very old tech

What they've done is down cost the manufacturing while still holding the price, made for people that dont know about the tech advancements but

see its still go the "look".

Yes still a relatively entry level price, and would be a great bike for many people.

This is a running joke in the MX world about Japanese bikes:

A management meeting at one of the Japanese companies

attachicon.gifjapanasleep.jpg

how do you know which materials honda is using?

tech of suspensions are the same with 90 percent of the bikes being sold in this world.

tech advancements? please list. which bikes have high tech now? and what are those technological advancements? DELETED

plus some do not need tech in their bike as it is costly and expensive and time consuming if broken. especially on a 200 k thb bike, no one needs high tech and people willingly accept this at that price bracket as more tech means a lot higher price.

if you want tech, as i stated, cough 840 k thb to BMW or 1,2 million baht to a ducati panigale but then dont cry when you need cough another 100 k for a broken electronic suspension (half the price of cbr500r) suddenly and need to wait for 2 months for parts to come.

just apples to apples. this is not a bike designed as high tech one, this is designed for easy riding while being sporty for low budget while being and feeling as a quality honda bike.

perfect upgrade from a cbr150 or any other small cc bike.

it is cheap to buy, cheap to run and service but it does not feel cheap when you ride it. it feels and now looks a lot expensive than its price and it is a lot of fun.

for my friends asking me recommendations about their first bike, i am recommending them any of the 500 series honda now. before i was recommending them honda 300 or kawa ninja 300. but 500 series are as easy to ride as those smaller cc bikes and i believe safer with its better components.

Edited by seedy
off topic and troll / flaming