Saw the new cbr500r 2016

wow64

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DELETED

when you race it, we call it sport. scooter races, cbr500r cup, moto gp, same. some is faster some is slower but all of them are called sport and that make the bikes compete sport bikes automatically.

so you dont need a high revving 250 hp machine for sporting intentions.

sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    "team sports such as baseball and soccer"

This was said tongue in cheek. Just to add a little humor.

Using the above criteria, I guess these are sport bikes too. After all, they are on the track

attachicon.gifclass 3 derek, pierre, ethan.0.jpg

DELETED

when you race it, we call it sport. scooter races, cbr500r cup, moto gp, same. some is faster some is slower but all of them are called sport and that make the bikes compete sport bikes automatically.

so you dont need a high revving 250 hp machine for sporting intentions.

sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    "team sports such as baseball and soccer"

Is this some kind of joke? 'sport bikes automatically.'

Yes racing is a sport but that doesn't mean everything that races is a sporty version of what it represents.

I ran in a race once or twice but I don't call myself an athlete.

I raced Go-carts as a kid with my friends were they in fact sports Go-carts? Granted we weren't on a track but if we were would they suddenly become sports Go-carts?

If a group of friends/strangers on Harley choppers had a race on a track are they now sports Harley's?

A race doesn't even need to be on a track. My mate used to race snails. Were they in fact 'sports' snails?(cos they did make a track)

This logic is just absurd!!!

Whether you like it or not all 'proper' sports bikes have high red lines.

Take away the 1000cc supersports and look at some sports bikes closest in CCs to the Honda 500, from the major brands.

Yamaha R6 16,000 rpm

Kawasaki ZX6 16,000

Suzuki GSXr600 15,000

All these bikes have around 3x the HP of the Honda CBR500

Even the Honda CBR300 red lines at 10,500rpm!!!

So please stop trying to say the CBR500 is a proper sports bike when even YOU know it isn't! It even has rubber footpegs!