Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

I've posted this before, but it is worth a repeat as it is someone that is very familiar with how things run down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peaD7E6cUso&feature=youtu.be

Thx for posting. For English subtitles, click on CC box in lower right hand corner

You can also click on the gear icon to turn them on.

Edited by T_Dog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AleG you have posted blatant lies time and again and when called on them have either gone quiet or responded with more lies or asked the mods to remove the posts that prove you have lied. Fortunately many are still out in the open.

Your lack of humanity is there for all to see. As are you lack of morals.

Now I'm sure you will do your usual and mention to discuss the post and not the poster. As above, you are a joke.

Yes, this one particular gentleman is a very clever, and actually fairly persuasive, advocate for the dark forces hard at work in this case.

Reading this person's carefully crafted attacks upon selected lines of reasoning - those most damaging to those he wishes to defend - I am reminded of the arguments of those skilled and highly paid defense lawyers in the OJ Simpson double murder case.

Even though you knew that all common sense, life experiences, understanding of human nature, and information available in the public domain pointed incontrovertibly to his guilt, somehow for just a moment, as you listened to the arguments of his high powered defense lawyers, you could be persuaded of the possibility he was innocent.

Then you would return to reality. In the real world, nobody with a shred of common sense could believe he was not guilty. The same exact scenario exists when a certain poster steps up to defend the person(s) whom common sense and all available information points to as the likely perpetrator(s) of this crime.

Well done, sir. I hope you've been well compensated for your efforts, as you've been doing yeoman's work here indeed.

AleG no need to defend yourself now you have already layed enough groundwork to make many people very suspicious.
Edited by StealthEnergiser

Here is a thing I am confused about.

David's iPhone 4..

Allegedly taken from David after the attack by one of the Burmese men.. they could not open it as it was locked with pin code. So apparently they smashed it and discarded it near their living quarters. This is at odds with photographs the police displayed at the time (As I posted earlier).

This phone has been verified as being David's by a match with the IMEI -

Let's just for one moment imagine that to be true despite the inconsistencies with the sate of the device.

According to his friends the iPhone was SIM locked to his home account and would therefore cost lost of money to use in Thailand.

David also had a Samsung phone that was unlocked that he used while travelling.

Why would David carry around an expensive iPhone during the dark hours of night near the sea?

Ever heard of Wifi ?

Why would David carry around an expensive iPhone during the dark hours of night near the sea?

To listen to music?

GPS in case you get lost?

Record your exercise while jogging?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

David's iPhone 4..

Let's just for one moment imagine that to be true despite the inconsistencies with the sate of the device.

If you have an original iPhone, you'll find the serial number and IMEI engraved on the back.In addition on a i4 it is also on the SIM tray. So you smash it and miraculously it disappears???

Oh and tell me a bit more about that Samsung phone that you claim David also had.

Edited by asiamaster

David's iPhone 4..

Allegedly taken from David after the attack by one of the Burmese men.. they could not open it as it was locked with pin code. So apparently they smashed it and discarded it near their living quarters. This is at odds with photographs the police displayed at the time (As I posted earlier).

According to his friends the iPhone was SIM locked to his home account and would therefore cost lost of money to use in Thailand.

Now that's a difficult one, but I take the challenge.

Could it be so that people who don't have his temporary Thai number could reach him?

David's iPhone 4..

Now that's a difficult one, but I take the challenge.

Could it be so that people who don't have his temporary Thai number could reach him?

The answer is simple:

David indeed had two phones: a black Iphone 4 with a UK Sim and an old style Samsung with a thai mobile card - probably just to send and receive phone calls.

Nowadays people use messenger services FB messenger, Whatsapp, line etc. And as long as there is Wifi (almost everywhere these days) you can use those without having to use your roaming.

So how did we get from this (below) to where we are today?

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

A senior police official was just on Sorayuth Suthassanachinda's evening news show on Channel 3 and he explained exactly how they found David Miller's phone. He said they knew quickly that it was missing from his body from information gained from David's friends and relatives, but this was not made public. Later, after the two suspects were detained and they confessed to the crime, police asked about the phone. One of the suspects said he had left it with a friend and when the friend was questioned he led them to the phone. He had become suspicious of the origin of the phone and he threw it away behind his living quarters. Hannah'' phone, had earlier been returned to her relatives, the officer said.

Now the Myanmar Army Chief has asked for another review by Thailand as the anger increases over this deplorable decision. Only you and a few of your shills who are being paid to bait are in denial.

Isn't that the same army that was recently accused of raping Rohingya women?coffee1.gif

You got to be fracking kidding me!

The Myanmar Army ...you (rightfully) label as "bad"!

But the squeaky clean White Knights of the RTP...they are a reliable source?

They are right: ignorance is bliss!

I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

So how did we get from this (below) to where we are today?

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

Mon arrested. Arrangements were made, lots of money paid and convenient scape goats picked.

If this goes to appeal this is gonna cost their family lots more in bribes. I wonder how a supreme court judge will cost.

And no 'hang em high' brigade, it is not a conspiracy to think that in Thailand that a judge that high could be bribed off.

Another thing WP admitted to losing his shoes so was barefoot, and they were taking footprints of the burmese which means the attackers were also barefoot another tick on the guilty list.

"another tick on the guilty list"

As you seem to be a valuable source of information about the investigation and the trial, could you please tell me at what stage the B2s' footprints were raised by the prosecution, during the trial. It's possible of course, that the judge's guilty verdict summation/findings contained reference to the B2s' footprints being matched with those found at the crime scene, on the beach. Perhaps you could clarify this point by quoting some valid references to support your post?

joebrown, on 28 Dec 2015 - 04:16, said:
DiscoDan, on 27 Dec 2015 - 18:36, said:

Another thing WP admitted to losing his shoes so was barefoot, and they were taking footprints of the burmese which means the attackers were also barefoot another tick on the guilty list.

"another tick on the guilty list"

As you seem to be a valuable source of information about the investigation and the trial, could you please tell me at what stage the B2s' footprints were raised by the prosecution, during the trial. It's possible of course, that the judge's guilty verdict summation/findings contained reference to the B2s' footprints being matched with those found at the crime scene, on the beach. Perhaps you could clarify this point by quoting some valid references to support your post?

It was reported at the time the RTP were looking someone with size 40 feet (UK size 7). Wei Phyo is less than 150cm (5ft) tall and is it is highly unlikely either he, or Zaw Lin who is not much taller, would have feet as big as this.

Edited by IslandLover

I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

Says the guy with Pinocchio as his avatar......

Hope you get your favours returned.

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

Time will reveal all.

Not in this case it won't.

Follow

Thai police claim no evidence torture Koh Tao case. At trial medical evidence/prosecution witness supported Zaw Lin claims of chest injuries

I do not recall this ever been mentioned. There was a statement by a cellmate of the B2 that Zaw Lin had made these claims to him but that same cellmate also revealed some other things that he had been told which were rather incriminating....

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

Time will reveal all.

No adherent of a religion, which very much includes buddhism, will follow its tenets when they work against his self interest - applies 99.9% of the time.

So i will give an update on who the conspiracy theorist say are in on cover up

The whole of Koh Tao island 15,000

The police

The doctors

The Coroner

The Dna analysts

The 4 institutes that tested Nomsods dna

The Rotti seller

The prosecution

The courts

Prayut

Sean

also a late starter the Miller Family

That sounds like standard procedure in every country in the world where anything is sen to be worth covering up.

I've posted this before, but it is worth a repeat as it is someone that is very familiar with how things run down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peaD7E6cUso&feature=youtu.be

So Prawit thinks this whole episode makes him look good? Because they caught the B2 within two days? Its unfathomable how he could think that. He should be charged with attempted murder of the B2.

Good for you.

Time will reveal all.

No adherent of a religion, which very much includes buddhism, will follow its tenets when they work against his self interest - applies 99.9% of the time.

That's quite a high percentage. Let's just assume you are correct for a minute.

So what you are saying is that Buddhism is the state religion of Thailand but it's not followed when it gets in the way of their earthly policy?

Maybe then we could conclude that also here as in most secular states religion is not as important as they make it out to be.

Just a very well working method to keep the masses in line even though all layers of society uphold this extraordinary level of piousness.

Just generalizing here and not saying that this counts for everyone.

I'm sure there are millions of Thais who truly are pious, honest and just in their daily lives but at the same time there are millions who are only Buddhist because of birth and who don't uphold any of the five moral precepts that everyone who calls him or herself a Buddhist should live by.

All Buddhists should refrain from:

• harming living things.
  • taking what is not given.
  • sexual misconduct.
  • lying or gossip.
  • taking intoxicating substances eg drugs or drink.
Edited by DaveinAsia

Follow

Thai police claim no evidence torture Koh Tao case. At trial medical evidence/prosecution witness supported Zaw Lin claims of chest injuries

I do not recall this ever been mentioned. There was a statement by a cellmate of the B2 that Zaw Lin had made these claims to him but that same cellmate also revealed some other things that he had been told which were rather incriminating....

He did have bruising to his chest and a injury to his wrist, the truthers like to say it couldn't be the B2 who did it because they had no injuries the fact is ZL did .

Yeah I followed the case in realtime and had originally considered the B2 not guilty but reading what you have written has complete changed that.

The perspective of people who followed things in realtime is very different from those just catching up on the facts now.

Good for you.