Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

Good for you.

I know Ali G and Lucky have their tickets to watch the executions live and in colour, how about you Stander?

If there's a spare one

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will stand corrected if I am wrong, but I understood the defense team was working pro bono.

Then where did all the donation go that went to Andy Hall and his organization? I doubt it was used for food for the B2.

They were working pro bono, including the advisers and experts such as Jane Taupin, if you want to find out where the funds were distributed then head to the funding page and look at the accounts, not hard really, or you can make up rumours...up to you

If you are so well informed you could post a link to that fund page, because it is the least of my concerns, but maybe you could inform us if those lawyers, advisers and experts were highly qualified people or just a bunch of worthless people who wanted to work for free.

Against forum rules to post links to funding pages, but if its the least of your concerns then why do you want the link anyway, you obviously cant be bothered looking for it yourself...as for the other nonsense you sprout............speculate away my friend

I will stand corrected if I am wrong, but I understood the defense team was working pro bono.

Then where did all the donation go that went to Andy Hall and his organization? I doubt it was used for food for the B2.

They were working pro bono, including the advisers and experts such as Jane Taupin, if you want to find out where the funds were distributed then head to the funding page and look at the accounts, not hard really, or you can make up rumours...up to you

If you are so well informed you could post a link to that fund page, because it is the least of my concerns, but maybe you could inform us if those lawyers, advisers and experts were highly qualified people or just a bunch of worthless people who wanted to work for free.

why bother? would it change your mind about anything?

Indeed this is correct. Now we are seeing posts along the line "I seem to remember...XYZ" when in fact what they remember is an unsubstantiated rumour posted on this forum twelve months ago.

Initially I too, thought the bar owners must be implicated but in over one year not a single piece of evidence has come to light linking the bar owners and associates to the crime. That is, evidence that would stand up in court when presented by defence lawyers.

I could easily make up my own rumours. That Mon, the sharkman or any from that gang committed this crime then they would have got rid of the evidence. The bodies would have been taken out on a boat, weighted with stones and dumped overboard.

They would not have left the bodies to be discovered in their own resort. That would have been ruinous for business.

But there is no cctv or witnesses that prove the gang was out at the time of the murders.

The only cctv evidence shows the b2 buying alchohol sometime before the murders and one or two skinny kids running around in a panic after the murders.

Why did the defence team put up such a poor show? Because they knew the two Burmese were guilty.

Spot on!

On the contrary, there is a photograph of Shark man and other members of the football team he was playing for in that weekend's tournament, out and about in the bars that night, still wearing their football strip. In fact I have a feeling David may have even been in the same picture. Anyone got it?, although I don't know if it's worth showing again as they will just move on to something else

Edited by bunglebag

"A year from now nobody is going to remember and the reggae music and the sweet smell of ganja will continue to attract young tourists to the islands"

Can't imagine WHY tourists would go to KT to hear RECORDED reggae music and smoke MOLDY Cambo, when they can go to Reggae on the River in Northern California and hear REAL reggae music and smoke 100% LEGAL medical-grade cannabis?

Unless they're STUPID.

Must be "refugees" from countries with bad reggae music and regressive, draconian drug laws, 555

Indeed this is correct. Now we are seeing posts along the line "I seem to remember...XYZ" when in fact what they remember is an unsubstantiated rumour posted on this forum twelve months ago.

Initially I too, thought the bar owners must be implicated but in over one year not a single piece of evidence has come to light linking the bar owners and associates to the crime. That is, evidence that would stand up in court when presented by defence lawyers.

I could easily make up my own rumours. That Mon, the sharkman or any from that gang committed this crime then they would have got rid of the evidence. The bodies would have been taken out on a boat, weighted with stones and dumped overboard.

They would not have left the bodies to be discovered in their own resort. That would have been ruinous for business.

But there is no cctv or witnesses that prove the gang was out at the time of the murders.

The only cctv evidence shows the b2 buying alchohol sometime before the murders and one or two skinny kids running around in a panic after the murders.

Why did the defence team put up such a poor show? Because they knew the two Burmese were guilty.

Spot on!

On the contrary, there is a photograph of Shark man and other members of the football team he was playing for in that weekend's tournament, out and about in the bars that night, still wearing their football strip. In fact I have a feeling David may have even been in the same picture. Anyone got it?, although I don't know if it's worth showing again as they will just move on to something else

This is the one I think

post-225270-0-12289500-1451311638_thumb.

Edited by HUH

Spot on!

This is the one I think

Yes that's it. Shark man bottom right

This is the one I think

Hey did they not say when this all started if you think or look back at all the pertaining posts. That Camera in Bar was not functioning? Only the one out side in front???

Spot on!

The spot on comment was for stating that if they were involved they would have gotten rid of the evidence.

Luck11 said,

" "If DNA from B2 were found inside Ms. Witheridge, it would seem they had sex; which, of course does not prove rape"

I think, if I was you, that I would edit this while you have the chance, otherwise it will surely draw ridicule!!

Why don't you read what you wrote again and try to see the errors in your words."

Lucky, you seem a bit confused. Are you saying a man's DNA evidence inside a woman means rape? If that were the case my poor ill-informed friend, almost all sex would be rape.

No!! I am not saying that at all. I am questioning how having found the B2's DNA (semen) inside Hannah Witheridge that it didn't necessarily constitute or amount to rape - in this partcular case!! Do you think that it was consensual sex? Please don't say "well, it it is possible".

You do seem to have problems. What are you saying? You deny saying any time DNA (semen) is found inside a woman it means rape. Yet, you question it not being rape. Fine, you question it; so must most others, including me, but that does not mean it is true. Would you execute two people on your question?

Spot on!

The spot on comment was for stating that if they were involved they would have gotten rid of the evidence.

Sorry Asiamaster - my reply was really aimed at the point in the post you had replied to - that there was no evidence of any of the gang being out that night. Replied to the wrong post I guess.

But in answer to your point - the injuries and the staging of the body indicate (to me and seemingly many others anyway) that someone was making a point, and if it were the mafia they are powerful enough not to worry that they can't deal with the fall out. After all they basically run the local police.

I'm interested in your opinion as to why Mon and his dodgy copper buddy would try and frame Sean for it without any indication that he was involved?

This is the one I think

Hey did they not say when this all started if you think or look back at all the pertaining posts. That Camera in Bar was not functioning? Only the one out side in front???

This picture is not from AC bar I believe, but another bar on the strip earlier that night.

Against forum rules to post links to funding pages, but if its the least of your concerns then why do you want the link anyway, you obviously cant be bothered looking for it yourself...as for the other nonsense you sprout............speculate away my friend

There is no forum rule that forbid to post a link to a account statement from an funding organisation, but hey keep going with making up new forum rules and posting nonsense.

Can counter with some evidence that I have posted nonsense?

By the way, have you heard anything abou Aphuketinsider lately?

That morning I believe but I stand to be corrected.

yes stills showing him walking out of his residence the next morning at 9.15/30 (I forget which). This did not eliminate the possibility of him travelling back to Bangkok earlier that morning though which was logistically possible. Apparently there was also film of the apartment block showing he did not enter it that morning (via the front door anyway) but that was only shown to selected media organisations if I understood it correctly - which seems a bit odd. There was also his girlfriend at the time who apparently said she had been unable to contact him over the weekend.

How do they make a video of someone NOT entering? I guess they also have video then from me not entering that building.

Also strange that if he has been walking around the whole weekend on that very small island, that there is not a single picture or CCTV screen shot of him.

Whereas Cruncher much photography that you are seeking has been either destroyed, lost, hidden, damaged beyond repair or simply used up, there are several good pics of him taken by CCTV at the time of the tragedies. He is running, half naked carrying his left arm awkwardly as he always does ( his own kind of trademark pose) and he is in the vicinity of the incidents. Plenty of postings here show the footage I am referring to.

Maybe better you should first answer the questions I asked YOU, about your baseless speculations, before you gonna start answering question for someone else.

Does it make a difference if they were paid or not? They were the defense and for some reason they didn't use any of the irrefutable evidence that CSI Thaivisa has been presenting for 15 months now..

That morning I believe but I stand to be corrected.

yes stills showing him walking out of his residence the next morning at 9.15/30 (I forget which). This did not eliminate the possibility of him travelling back to Bangkok earlier that morning though which was logistically possible. Apparently there was also film of the apartment block showing he did not enter it that morning (via the front door anyway) but that was only shown to selected media organisations if I understood it correctly - which seems a bit odd. There was also his girlfriend at the time who apparently said she had been unable to contact him over the weekend.

How do they make a video of someone NOT entering? I guess they also have video then from me not entering that building.

Also strange that if he has been walking around the whole weekend on that very small island, that there is not a single picture or CCTV screen shot of him.

Whereas Cruncher much photography that you are seeking has been either destroyed, lost, hidden, damaged beyond repair or simply used up, there are several good pics of him taken by CCTV at the time of the tragedies. He is running, half naked carrying his left arm awkwardly as he always does ( his own kind of trademark pose) and he is in the vicinity of the incidents. Plenty of postings here show the footage I am referring to.

Are you ready to testify under oath in a court of law that the running man in the CCTV footage is Nomsod?

If not you should remove your post because you and this forum can be sued for defamation.

The penalties for perjury by the way are also pretty high I guess.

Friends of Hannah and David must also be happy with the guilty verdict then. Those friends that would have excitedly discussed and planned their trips many months before September '14. The females came back minus their friend whose head had been smashed in. Not an everyday occurrence. Press reports stated 'friends said Hannah and David left the AC bar between 3 and 4am. No names in the press of who these friends were. For all we know the friends that made that statement may be non existent. Surely one friend would own up to stating that? Not exactly anything to be afraid of is it? There is a reason why we have heard nothing in the press regards any of the 'friends'. Not one of them have come forward to dispel the rumours that there was an altercation at the AC bar. Not one of them have come forward and said who was the last to see Hannah or David alive. Absolutely incredible and unbelievable! No statements requested by prosecution or defence in court from any of them? Why not? Last movements of the deceased etc etc. RTP said they took statements from the friends - were these read in court? And no CCTV from the AC bar only footage showing David entering the bar at the front. Pure speculation on the part of the police that Hannah and David left by the back door. Where are the bloody witnesses!!! Who saw what and why aren't you speaking up? Likely that drugs of some sort played a part in all this. Did all the friends simply stroll home to go to bed with no concern for their missing friends or where they up, wide awake, maybe off some of their faces and witnessed something they dare not speak of? I can only surmise that their attitude is two little Burmese nothings being sentenced to death is something they can easily live and is meaningless in comparison with losing their 'friends'.

You just answered most of your questions yourself.

The reason that no one has come forward, and no one was called to witness, is that it probably never happened and it was pure speculation and rumors from a certain facebook group picked up by members of this forum.

Because they were paid off handsomely.

Friends of Hannah and David must also be happy with the guilty verdict then. Those friends that would have excitedly discussed and planned their trips many months before September '14. The females came back minus their friend whose head had been smashed in. Not an everyday occurrence. Press reports stated 'friends said Hannah and David left the AC bar between 3 and 4am. No names in the press of who these friends were. For all we know the friends that made that statement may be non existent. Surely one friend would own up to stating that? Not exactly anything to be afraid of is it? There is a reason why we have heard nothing in the press regards any of the 'friends'. Not one of them have come forward to dispel the rumours that there was an altercation at the AC bar. Not one of them have come forward and said who was the last to see Hannah or David alive. Absolutely incredible and unbelievable! No statements requested by prosecution or defence in court from any of them? Why not? Last movements of the deceased etc etc. RTP said they took statements from the friends - were these read in court? And no CCTV from the AC bar only footage showing David entering the bar at the front. Pure speculation on the part of the police that Hannah and David left by the back door. Where are the bloody witnesses!!! Who saw what and why aren't you speaking up? Likely that drugs of some sort played a part in all this. Did all the friends simply stroll home to go to bed with no concern for their missing friends or where they up, wide awake, maybe off some of their faces and witnessed something they dare not speak of? I can only surmise that their attitude is two little Burmese nothings being sentenced to death is something they can easily live and is meaningless in comparison with losing their 'friends'.

You just answered most of your questions yourself.

The reason that no one has come forward, and no one was called to witness, is that it probably never happened and it was pure speculation and rumors from a certain facebook group picked up by members of this forum.

Ah, that explains why they worked pro bono. Probably Andy Hall and the Myanmar Embassy were also paid off handsomely?

There is no forum rule that forbid to post a link to a account statement from an funding organisation, but hey keep going with making up new forum rules and posting nonsense.

Can counter with some evidence that I have posted nonsense?

By the way, have you heard anything abou Aphuketinsider lately?

The funding page has been deleted numerous times in the past, check with a mod if you can be bothered or keep repeating the same old drivel.

I have no wish to discuss further nonsense with you on which of the defense team experts are qualified or not as those with a genuine interest can just put the said names in Google search and hey presto..."Jane Taupin dna".........try it sometime. Yes Phuketinsider, indeed a worthy publication that has now changed its name, but slightly off topic

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

Edited by HUH

HUH, on 28 Dec 2015 - 14:33, said:
TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 14:15, said:
docshock13, on 28 Dec 2015 - 14:13, said:
TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 14:03, said: Yes indeed very strange that the defense, consisting of the best lawyers money can buy, didn't follow up on that.

Working pro bono means that the lawyers waived their FEES, which are usually charged by the hour (in London it is not uncommon for lawyers and barristers to charge upwards of GBP 500 per hour for their time - even telephone calls between lawyer and client are included in the hourly billing). However, the are plenty of other incidental expenses that have to be paid for, such as stationery, photocopying expenses, document production and associated fees, and travelling expenses. I know all this because I worked as a legal secretary for many years and was in charge of billing. In the Koh Tao case travel expenses included flights between Bangkok and Koh Samui which is one of the most expensive routes in Thailand. You may ask why the lawyers didn't travel by road and ferry to get to Koh Samui but this is just not practical when time is of the essence and the lawyers had other clients besides the Koh Tao accused. All these incidental expenses were covered by public donations to the MWRN and a full set of itemised final accounts is available for public scrutiny.

Edited by IslandLover

Maybe better you should first answer the questions I asked YOU, about your baseless speculations, before you gonna start answering question for someone else.

Does it make a difference if they were paid or not? They were the defense and for some reason they didn't use any of the irrefutable evidence that CSI Thaivisa has been presenting for 15 months now..

I think you're struggling to tell the difference between a question and an answer? I did not answer a question for someone else there but actually I asked 2 questions. If you interpret that as an answer for someone else then maybe this shows how you get confused easily?

I would recommend you to advise Andy Hall about this immediately!

TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 15:39, said:TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 15:39, said:

Are you ready to testify under oath in a court of law that the running man in the CCTV footage is Nomsod?

If not you should remove your post because you and this forum can be sued for defamation.

The penalties for perjury by the way are also pretty high I guess

Apparently not, since some of the prosecution witnesses perjured themselves at the trial.

Sorry Asiamaster - my reply was really aimed at the point in the post you had replied to - that there was no evidence of any of the gang being out that night. Replied to the wrong post I guess.

But in answer to your point - the injuries and the staging of the body indicate (to me and seemingly many others anyway) that someone was making a point, and if it were the mafia they are powerful enough not to worry that they can't deal with the fall out. After all they basically run the local police.

I'm interested in your opinion as to why Mon and his dodgy copper buddy would try and frame Sean for it without any indication that he was involved?

Sorry I was unable to form an opinion on that matter. I tried to make sense of all that this character was saying and what was said about him. Just wondering why he never came forward when he was back in the UK and only concluded that he was a nutcase.

Excellent post, catsanddogs.

TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 15:39, said:TheCruncher, on 28 Dec 2015 - 15:39, said:

The penalties for perjury by the way are also pretty high I guess

Apparently not, since some of the prosecution witnesses perjured themselves at the trial.

You know you can be convicted for withholding evidence, so it is in your own interest to report this to the court straight away.

Yes indeed very strange that the defense, consisting of the best lawyers money can buy, didn't follow up on that.

You can check them they don't make much sense though, the are not even up to afghanistan standards let alone international.

You can check them they don't make much sense though, the are not even up to afghanistan standards let alone international.

So sorry the accounts fail to meet your exacting international standards, its a real shame the DNA testing and evidence presentation also in the opinion of many that were at the trial failed the same test miserably.

So sorry the accounts fail to meet your exacting international standards, its a real shame the DNA testing and evidence presentation also in the opinion of many that were at the trial failed the same test miserably.

If those DNA tests failed so miserably, then why refused the defense to request to have them redone?

Luck11 said,

" "If DNA from B2 were found inside Ms. Witheridge, it would seem they had sex; which, of course does not prove rape"

I think, if I was you, that I would edit this while you have the chance, otherwise it will surely draw ridicule!!

Why don't you read what you wrote again and try to see the errors in your words."

Lucky, you seem a bit confused. Are you saying a man's DNA evidence inside a woman means rape? If that were the case my poor ill-informed friend, almost all sex would be rape.

No!! I am not saying that at all. I am questioning how having found the B2's DNA (semen) inside Hannah Witheridge that it didn't necessarily constitute or amount to rape - in this partcular case!! Do you think that it was consensual sex? Please don't say "well, it it is possible".

You do seem to have problems. What are you saying? You deny saying any time DNA (semen) is found inside a woman it means rape. Yet, you question it not being rape. Fine, you question it; so must most others, including me, but that does not mean it is true. Would you execute two people on your question?

Smotherb... you are the one who's confused...

This is exactly what Lucky11 said, I Quote "If DNA from B2 were found inside Ms. Witheridge, it would seem they had sex" Nothing more lucky stopped here with a ";"

But he goes on to say further "Of course does not prove rape" he is saying having sex does not or should not lead us to a rape conclusion!

In plain words for you, Having sex with someone does not hit at, lead to or even in any way shape or form mention anything about rape! Usually when someone is the victim of a rape crime the have incriminating bruising located in various areas of their body, including the Vaginal area. Which were absent in this case.

I think everyone on Thai Visa would be happy to chip in and buy you a new pair of glasses!

Edited by davidstipek