Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did they use reference points? It was just an estimate.

Now how about these pictures of Nomsod with hair over his ears??? Found them yet?
Will this one do? If not I can go through my drive again. :0)

I don't know, may be he has 2 pair of ears, because 1 pair I can clearly notice as uncovered in the pictures.

Sorry the break it for you, but you indeed will have to go through your drive again, and I have actually not much confidence that there will be found any that meet the criteria.

Ok, Champ... I'm back. Will this one do? You may have to look a bit closer this time. Oh, and remember hair is not stationary.

Sorry fail again, may be next try to make the pictures so dark that you can't even see the head anymore, that should do it.

Damn, I failed... So on the boat photo he doesn't have longish hair around his ears? Ok then. Well then why did uncle Mon claim it was him in the running man video? Remember that? Hmm.

No I don't remember that his uncle incriminated his nephew, but of course you will have a link for that to post as well.

As for the pictures, I take it you understand the difference between around the ears and over the ears.

I'll have a look just for you, but I believe the source was Thai.

Wow I thought reaching 100 pages would be a milestone....I think just today alone there has been 30 or more pages of worthless speculation and opinions added. You guys really need to get a life. Its done, over, finished, kaput, owari desu.

Yea, it's done for the scapegoats. Some people (yourself?) want it that way. If Thai officials and the Headman's people get their way, the scapegoats will be literally kaput as soon as possible. Kaput = dead. The dead can't talk. That's how officials want it. Plus, now that the boys are officially found guilty, there can't be any other culprits. No more trials on this case. No matter that the real culprits are probably roaming around, laughing, checking out the new pretty young naive farang chicks who come giggling over on boats every day. The big questions for the local guys are;

.... prettiest, cutest?

.... drink lots of alcohol?

.... loosest?

.... easiest to seduce?

.... who's going to buy them gifts?

......alright Mon, Nomsod and all your tough guy sexy boy buddies .....the parties go on every night - late, lots of booze flowing! Other drugs too, including date-rape drugs. Alright - Party On!!!! The cops can't touch you, ha ha ha ha!

Seems to me, if the B2 were sitting on any evidence that could put away the 'real killers', they'd be dead already lest there be some deal cut to turn state's evidence and be whisked away in the dead-of-night to some location out of reach of the Headman's people.

There may be others living in shallow graves who helped clean up the aftermath, just like the two Burmese they are worthless and expendable to their Thai masters.

So aside from those now in shallow graves, the real-killers allowed 2 witnesses to get away alive -- very sloppy work.

If were talking hairstyles, it seemed a little strange that a certain student in Bangkok suddenly had a very different hairstyle when he appeared with his lawyer to explain his innocence!

Also the same student suddenly went into the monkhood as soon as the Burmese were arrested.

Coincidence....maybe.....but could also be something very different..

Oh yes very different. Kindly provide some pics so we can do a comparison. Preferably just before the murder and just after he had his haircut.

Ah yes very suspicious that he went into monk hood. Quite uncommon with guys his age is it?

I would have thought his studies at university would have been severely disrupted by his sudden desire to seek solitude and reflection.

I'm spending today organizing all of my Koh Tao files, I did come across and article where Mon threatened a taxi driver for refusing a bribe from the police. I've got a link to the taxi driver article as well as Mon's facebook post to "blackie" the taxi on "Councils lightening cabinet" whatever the F that is. Now, at this point why would Mon care? His family is innocent right? Let me get those links.

The Nation has printed an opinion piece of the rtp's botched investigation. How many threads is that now running showing the injustice? 5?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883048-koh-tao-debacle-shoddy-work-from-beginning-to-end/

A very brave and in the present political climate, utterly stunning.

As said before this story is not going to go away.

A very senior figure will be very, very angry this morning and maybe his influential friends whom he appears to have helped may well suffer his rath.

Sleepless night on Kog Tao

Cracks in the facade?

If were talking hairstyles, it seemed a little strange that a certain student in Bangkok suddenly had a very different hairstyle when he appeared with his lawyer to explain his innocence!

Also the same student suddenly went into the monkhood as soon as the Burmese were arrested.

Oh yes very different. Kindly provide some pics so we can do a comparison. Preferably just before the murder and just after he had his haircut.

Ah yes very suspicious that he went into monk hood. Quite uncommon with guys his age is it?

Maybe if you look at the CCTV which was released by the students lawyer of him entering his University residence the morning after the murders, you will see a very significant different hairstyle to the one when he appeared a few days later to protest his innocence.

Maybe he is a follower of fashion and wanted to look good on TV or maybe.......

The Nation has printed an opinion piece of the rtp's botched investigation. How many threads is that now running showing the injustice? 5?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883048-koh-tao-debacle-shoddy-work-from-beginning-to-end/

A very senior figure will be very, very angry this morning and maybe his influential friends whom he appears to have helped may well suffer his rath.

Cracks in the facade?

you don't need a crack to break a camels back...just a straw and there are lots of them in Thailand

Cracks in the facade?

you don't need a crack to break a camels back...just a straw and there are lots of them in Thailand

Maybe "between the factions" would be more accurate.

Maybe if you look at the CCTV which was released by the students lawyer of him entering his University residence the morning after the murders, you will see a very significant different hairstyle to the one when he appeared a few days later to protest his innocence.

Yes his hair is indeed shorter a few days later but was his hair over his ears in the CCTV pictures???

Footage that plainly shows that his hair leaves his ears clearly exposed, footage that was verified by journalist starting from the time before the murders took place until hours later.

https://youtu.be/l4Z1zEjDj7I?t=1m10s

The only scapegoats on this case are the ones the armchair detectives are trying to frame for the murders. But don't believe your lying eyes, stick to the narrative at any cost.

Yes his hair is indeed shorter a few days later but was his hair over his ears in the CCTV pictures???

No, but could after a dip in the ocean or a game of football or a night of physical activity, could his hair be over his ears...yes I would think so......but he was not on the island that night according to his good self.

If he was not there, the argument is null and void.

But, was he on Koh Tao?

But a touch of reality, for all ..

Unless the victim's family’s come out and publicly discredit the verdict, then the chances of an acquittal, never mind the opening of a new investigation are more or less zero.

The Miller family seems utterly convinced of the verdict, Hanna's family less so.

Unless there is a shock revelation during the UK Coroner’s inquest, thinks look bleak for the Burmese.

Mr Crab,

Get away alive?

They are doing the time, they took the hit.

Wake up, you must have a good night last night!

As the saying goes: Dead men tell no tales. Live ones still can talk.

Edited by JLCrab

Not sure if Phuket Gazette is allowed but here's one link to the story: http://m.phuketgazette.net/thailand-news/Koh-Tao-Murders-Taxi-driver-accuses-police/36060

Still looking for link to the "Lightening Cabinet" but I do have a SS. It is google translated as Thai isn't allowed.

If it wasn't a stitch up all along why were RTP trying to offer money in return for false testimony? Why would this matter to any Toovichien? Hmm.

post-242185-0-72321200-1451627420_thumb.

Mr Crab,

Get away alive?

He/?....it was a good night

As things stand they could be dead and silent in no time at all.

Not sure if Phuket Gazette is allowed but here's one link to the story: http://m.phuketgazette.net/thailand-news/Koh-Tao-Murders-Taxi-driver-accuses-police/36060

Still looking for link to the "Lightening Cabinet" but I do have a SS. It is google translated as Thai isn't allowed.

If it wasn't a stitch up all along why were RTP trying to offer money in return for false testimony? Why would this matter to any Toovichien? Hmm.

We were all aware of the event, but I have reread the article a few times now, and still fail to see your previous claim.

I did come across and article where Mon threatened a taxi driver for refusing a bribe from the police.

Fail again

Footage that plainly shows that his hair leaves his ears clearly exposed, footage that was verified by journalist starting from the time before the murders took place until hours later.

The only scapegoats on this case are the ones the armchair detectives are trying to frame for the murders. But don't believe your lying eyes, stick to the narrative at any cost.

Us Armchair detectives might not be Gait Analysis or drone head experts like you claim to be but I don't think you will persuade very many people.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

The height should be reasonably accurate, reason being that there is a number of known referance to points to work from

Did they use reference points? It was just an estimate.

Now how about these pictures of Nomsod with hair over his ears??? Found them yet?

How else did they arrive at the figures, did they throw a die and add 10 then divide by some mystical number.

They put out the video asking the public if they could identify , giving a brief description which included the height , in order to determine height is a relative simple exersice when you have static referance points

We were all aware of the event, but I have reread the article a few times now, and still fail to see your previous claim.

I did come across and article where Mon threatened a taxi driver for refusing a bribe from the police.

Fail again

Not exactly, princess... You get the point, why say anything about the taxi driver at all? Why do they care? Oh, tourism, livelihoods etc. right! Not because they have something to fear. So, why would the cops attempt this if it was an honest investigation? Kind of silly because I know you'll cherry pick and avoid the questions you don't like.

I'm not convinced the B2 are fully innocent, I'm just not, but I don't believe for one second the B2 got wasted and decided to rape and kill people, that was some other sick puppy's.

So, Team Leader posts comparison photos of running man and Wei Phyo in which the bottom of Wei Phyo's ears are clearly visible, then Team Nomsod jump in en masse demanding photos of their sponsor's son showing his ears completely covered! Hmmm.....they'll be claiming that Jonathan Head has come over to their side of the debate next.....nah, they'd never stoop that low.

it's all about the height, we now have a range of 150-170cm as B2 are tiny, height is something that could easily be determined

another thing I don't understand is why other better quality cctv images were not used to show this man running in the street, we have already seen the one across from AC bar showing the victims entering the bar

Us Armchair detectives might not be Gait Analysis or drone head experts like you claim to be but I don't think you will persuade very many people.

If I persuade anyone it would be by presenting facts and compelling arguments as I have been doing for over a year, you on the other hand have been reduced to mudslinging.

Ok, Champ... I'm back. Will this one do? You may have to look a bit closer this time. Oh, and remember hair is not stationary.

Still see the ears. Oh and remember the pics of Win were taken just when he was arrested

I don't know if you have an agenda (to shield people connected to the headman), but I have an agenda: To see justice done.

Running man, in my view, is definitely Nomsod. Not only I and hundreds of thousands of others see the resemblance, but so did investigating cops at the early stages of the investigation. That's why cops said they knew who did the crime and they were looking for Nomsod - who was hiding for a week. There are several reasons why it's very likely Nomsod. I and others have listed them before. It's tiring to have to repeat oneself.

Keyword here... Escaped. Who escaped to Bangkok? Hmm.

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

Mr Crab,

Get away alive?

He/?....it was a good night

As things stand they could be dead and silent in no time at all.

Look there was a post at 09:33 this AM which said the island powers-that-be want the B2 dead because dead men tell no tales which to me implies that they have in fact something to tell. And if that is true, then I don't see how the all powerful could not have arranged for them to be dead already as you never know -- they could talk before your 'no time at all'.

Thai police do not have to convince the world of anything. The Thai prosecutors have to convince the Thai judges,and that is what they have done.

It's a little neo-colonial to suggest the Thai justice system has to convince a bunch of farangs on a web-board, who have nothing better to fill their days than come up with the most absurd speculations without any evidence to back up their fantastical claims.

Wait for the UK coroner's report. You may learn some real facts.

Indeed NCFC....

Why has the UK coroner's report not been released yet? Why did they postpone it till after the verdict?

Will they release it now that the have been informed the verdict is the death penalty???

Why did the Miller's have to submit the IMEI evidence through the Thai Embassy in the UK and why did the British embassy in Thailand not submit this information (that they did have) to the court?

Could it be that they are withholding evidence which could incriminate the B2 and would support the death penalty?

I would not be surprised if the report will be only released if the sentence will be reduced at the appeal....

If I persuade anyone it would be by presenting facts and compelling arguments as I have been doing for over a year, you on the other hand have been reduced to mudslinging.

One thing that has really stood out for me reading this thread is that there is one particular poster defending the Koh Tao Mafia who could probably provide a semi-compelling argument that black is, in fact, white.

Keyword here... Escaped. Who escaped to Bangkok? Hmm.

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

DEFENCE LAWYERS, why was the Original Officer who led the initial investigation not on the witness stand?

Simply incredible.

Until the trial I always thought the Burmese were 100% innocent, now I think they were involved but not in the murders but the "cleaning and rearranging" of the crime scene.

The defence case seems scared to bring some very serious evidence to court.