Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Deputy national police chief General Somyot Pumpunmuang is now flying down to personally inspect the crime scene and speak to investigators."

"We will ask the FBI to help identify the DNA in the semen we found – whether it belonged to an Asian or European," the Nation newspaper quoted him as saying."

whistling.gif

"Mamen said he plans to expand the search to nearby islands, and believes the murders were carried out by a group of at least three attackers."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/20/thai-police-koh-tao-fbi-british-backpacker-murders

Edited by iReason

007 what Mickey Mouse evidence exactly?

They had a fair trial and were found guilty, sorry you don't like the outcome.

Time to move on.

Perhaps you haven't seen the global response to the trial. If you thought that was a fair trial then you are really are as gullible as you seem.

But again, if you are happy for these two guys to be killed over the lack of evidence and lies presented by a corrupt police force then enjoy your victory.

I said months ago these pair were guilty of the murders.

Now they can rot away. Case closed the Thai Police did their job.

The lesson is don't get that pissed that you don't know what your doing.

Umm, if doing their job is telling lies and getting big payments under the table, ...then yes, they did their jobs.

Time to move on.

I hope you or your children never have to suffer from a 'fair trial' like happened to the scapegoats in 2015. You wouldn't be calmly typing on your PC keyboard if that were the case. You'd be shouting from the rooftop like I would - or anyone else who cares about truth and justice.

You and I can 'move on.' ....but the scapegoats are stuck behind bars with execution looming.

If you want to get apprised of 'micky mouse evidence' try reading the hundreds of pages on this topic as I have. It's tiresome, but more so, it's sad commentary on how very rich Thai officials can ruin the lives of very poor migrants without a care.

An added note about the Burmese video posted above: One of the commentators who has been at the island many times since the crime, said Brit experts flew in by helicopter and only spent a couple hours at the island. Same next day. And then Brits wouldn't share anything at all with Burmese counterparts. Was it just British ideas of superiority, or was it because the Brits were fed a cavalcade of lies by their silver-tonged Thai minder (knowingly or unwittingly)? Whichever, the Brits have had their clocks cleaned. They've been totally flummoxed by their slick Thai handler. A few hours on the island, listening to a lying cop, ....and then off to Beefeater land to brief the social workers who in turn told the berieved families that Thai officials knew what they were doing and were on the right track. In sum: Brit officials have completely bolloxed their taxpayer-paid duty, by passing lies on to the families.

"She detailed other lapses in the police investigation. The pools of blood in the sand at the murder scene shown in police photographs were not tested for DNA and one of the bodies was before rigor mortis set in, potentially destroying crucial evidence, she said."

"She also said that as the bodies were not forensically examined for several hours, it was impossible to assess the prosecution theory that the two murdered Britons had been having sex on the beach."

"My experts were able to identify one full DNA profile and one partial DNA profile from the handle of the hoe,” she said.

“However when I placed these two profiles against those provided by the Royal Thai police, said to be from the two Burmese defendants, they did not match.”

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11857706/British-backpacker-murder-trial-DNA-on-murder-weapon-does-not-match-accused.html

@R.robin - thanks. Does this mean that there was DNA found then and just that it was not of the B2 do you know?

Your points raise an interesting question , I

Unfortunately my reponse is going to be cryptic , and I would suggest you go back to when Nomsod had is dna tested and what was reported

I never said the trial was based on the confession, the trial was based only on the police's DNA results which a trainee was able to process in their little police outpost on a Thai island faster than anywhere else in the modern world.

The police investigation against the B2 was based on the confessions, after the confessions the police then magically had the DNA connecting them to the case. If it wasn't for the confessions the police had nothing on the B2.

So, like you admit, the confessions were not freely expressed so they are not legal. It's just one of dozens of things that were wrong with the investigation. Luckily for you the B2 were in trial in Thailand, one of the few places that would have found them guilty and sentenced them to death on a police say-so.

Yes it takes years and years of forensic training to take a DNA swab...

If the police are going to lie about torturing confessions from the B2, what is to stop them from lying about the DNA samples which was the reason for the guilty verdict?

So you are happy with the B2 being tortured and DNA being taken by somebody who was unqualified and it was used for a death sentence verdict?

Taking dna is rubbing a swab inside the mouth, its hardly rocket science.

I never said the trial was based on the confession, the trial was based only on the police's DNA results which a trainee was able to process in their little police outpost on a Thai island faster than anywhere else in the modern world.

The police investigation against the B2 was based on the confessions, after the confessions the police then magically had the DNA connecting them to the case. If it wasn't for the confessions the police had nothing on the B2.

So, like you admit, the confessions were not freely expressed so they are not legal. It's just one of dozens of things that were wrong with the investigation. Luckily for you the B2 were in trial in Thailand, one of the few places that would have found them guilty and sentenced them to death on a police say-so.

If the police are going to lie about torturing confessions from the B2, what is to stop them from lying about the DNA samples which was the reason for the guilty verdict?

So you are happy with the B2 being tortured and DNA being taken by somebody who was unqualified and it was used for a death sentence verdict?

All I am saying here is that taking a DNA swab is a very simple procedure that you can also do yourself. You were stating that they processed it on Koh Tao which is not true.

Taking a swab isn't difficult:

Technique to ensure it isn't contaminated, understanding that it needs to be correctly identified, where it came from, time of swab etc.and following the correct storage conditions, these sort of things require training and an educated person.

"Under questioning, Pol. Col. Ruangtong contradicted earlier testimony, from another senior police officer, who had said CCTV images of the port area were not checked after the bodies were found, even though any perpetrator may have had time to take the early boat to the mainland."

"Police Colonel Ruangtong told the court police had indeed checked the CCTV images from the cameras at the port but they had not shown anything."

"Police Colonel Prathoom Ruangtong, who initially took charge of the investigation, after the bodies of the pair were found on Sairee Beach in Koh Tao, last September, confirmed the two Burmese immigrant workers had not been provided with their own lawyers."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/koh_tao_murder_trial_defendents_did_not_have_representation_during_interrogations_court_hears_1_4211590

Edited by iReason

Umm, if doing their job is telling lies and getting big payments under the table, ...then yes, they did their jobs.

Time to move on.

I hope you or your children never have to suffer from a 'fair trial' like happened to the scapegoats in 2015. You wouldn't be calmly typing on your PC keyboard if that were the case. You'd be shouting from the rooftop like I would - or anyone else who cares about truth and justice.

You and I can 'move on.' ....but the scapegoats are stuck behind bars with execution looming.

If you want to get apprised of 'micky mouse evidence' try reading the hundreds of pages on this topic as I have. It's tiresome, but more so, it's sad commentary on how very rich Thai officials can ruin the lives of very poor migrants without a care.

An added note about the Burmese video posted above: One of the commentators who has been at the island many times since the crime, said Brit experts flew in by helicopter and only spent a couple hours at the island. Same next day. And then Brits wouldn't share anything at all with Burmese counterparts. Was it just British ideas of superiority, or was it because the Brits were fed a cavalcade of lies by their silver-tonged Thai minder (knowingly or unwittingly)? Whichever, the Brits have had their clocks cleaned. They've been totally flummoxed by their slick Thai handler. A few hours on the island, listening to a lying cop, ....and then off to Beefeater land to brief the social workers who in turn told the berieved families that Thai officials knew what they were doing and were on the right track. In sum: Brit officials have completely bolloxed their taxpayer-paid duty, by passing lies on to the families.

They knew what they were doing (Brits). The petition forced the governments hand who sent someone out to calm folk down. It was nothing but a dog and pony show. Bilateral relations over justice every day of the week. Kirsty Jones' mother was told by the UK Govt. that documents would not be released as it would 'harm diplomatic relations'. She's still searching for justice and her own government are more interested in diplomacy - sickening huh?!

And that's the level of professionalism you want in a murder case where 2 guys will be executed, is it?

Fits in well with the translator who couldn't speak either language he was supposed to be translating from and to, confessions extracted through torture, the police bringing the evidence to court in a shopping trolley and saying they didn't have the budget to print out photos of the murder scene and the police sharing the gory photos of the victims on Facebook.

Glad you are happy about things like this. Really hope you find yourself on the receiving end of this system soon.

Guilty of what and based on what ? Please explain

Guilty of what and based on what ? Please explain

He's ill, don't feed his sickness.

Taking a swab isn't difficult:

Technique to ensure it isn't contaminated, understanding that it needs to be correctly identified, where it came from, time of swab etc.and following the correct storage conditions, these sort of things require training and an educated person.

If you type, Thai murders, British brothers questioned into your search engine, click on the relevant heading and scroll down the page, you’ll come to a frame of two people walking the same route as the running man took, if you then look at the running man footage and stop it immediately as he is coming back from the opposite direction to which he first went, you will see the ghost image of this couple leaving the frame, this footage has been edited, there is approximately two minute missing, which would have shown people travelling this route at that same time. McAnna and Christopher Ware both had cuts to their right arms, the Ware brothers shared a room with David and McAnna was David’s friend, David ended up with no clothes on and the B2 ended up with missing clothes. We need the friends of David and Hannah to tell what they know, that's the only way we're going to get any were near to knowing truth, that means the BBC or the like investigating.

There is a lot of speculation and circumstantial information posted on this forum from the media and the authorities. Some of it I believe to be true.

The fact is that there is no evidence of any sort that the B2 committed murder and so a death sentence is outrageous.

Happy to see DNA misdirection has gone away as I was getting a little bored with the amateur 'google' experts.

Maybe if you look at the CCTV which was released by the students lawyer of him entering his University residence the morning after the murders, you will see a very significant different hairstyle to the one when he appeared a few days later to protest his innocence.

Maybe he is a follower of fashion and wanted to look good on TV or maybe.......

clap2.gif
I watched the entire Anonymous video. A few interesting items which haven't been mentioned in the numerous threads on T.Visa: In the CCTV video of Nomsod crossing the lobby at the students' apt (his only alibi for supposedly not being on the island that night), shows him wearing dirty white shorts - which look like the white shorts worn by Running Man.

After following every twist and turn of this case for over 15 months, here are some stand-outs (it's hard to pick just a few, because there are so many indications of screw-ups by Thai authorities):

>>> losing Hannah's clothes. And not even checking her clothing before the conveniently lost it.

>>> losing the hair, and of course, not diagnosing it before losing it

>>> blatantly lying about the Nomsod's DNA test and it not matching DNA from the crime

>>> dismissing Panya with a promotion (and probably a big clandestine payment) to a BKK desk job and a promise from him to never utter a public word about the case.

>>> Nomsod getting let off permanently with the soggiest of alibis

>>> Mon let off permanently. If he would take a truth serum and tell what he really knows, it would change everything we've heard from RTP.

>>> Head policeman Somyot and wife plopping down a cool $12 million to buy stocks, a few weeks after NS and his uncle were permanently whitewashed as suspects.

>>> No questions for the KT fast boat driver who slept in a cave at Samui, day after crime. Police said he was too drugged to talk to, so cops permanently ignored him.

>>> No checking of NOK flights, no checking of mobile phone activity, no checking of probable suspects: all who are buddies of Mon

>>> Letting Sean go. Not bothering to find or talk to other possible witnesses: MM3, two french girls, MM-DJ

>>> Mysterious deaths of two other farang backpackers, shortly after the initial crime. One was at Mon's g.h.

>>> Police hiding/destroying CCTV along with Mon. Police saying they didn't look at CCTV of a boat leaving island soon after crime because "we didn't think it was important."

......and that's just a partial list. I'm sure other posters here could add dozens of other items proving how the RTP screwed up and/or intentionally skewed evidence and/or purposefully didn't pursue leads. Disgusting. RTP deserves all the bad press it gets from this case.

Any of you guilty followers please give your views on any of boomers points in this post.

All the key points are right here.

The funny thing about the shills is, the only argument they have is, a judge declared the accused guilty.

That’s it. Case closed. No questions. About anything.

When indeed, professionals around the world have plenty.

And the double teaming is so predictably immediate.

They ought to work out a more jagged response.

Their current strategy is so amateurish.

Either cognitive dissonance or most likely, plain vested interests.

I agree with a previous poster who basically said; let the fools run their mouths, there are thousands reading this thread.

Let them see what is reasonable or not.

Let them see the babbling, repetitive disinformation, misinformation, and warped misdirection.

(Often with childish retorts.)

Which is why, I will continue to post source based publications. With links.

For the curious out there.

Not in here.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by iReason

Maybe if you look at the CCTV which was released by the students lawyer of him entering his University residence the morning after the murders, you will see a very significant different hairstyle to the one when he appeared a few days later to protest his innocence.

Maybe he is a follower of fashion and wanted to look good on TV or maybe.......

clap2.gif
I watched the entire Anonymous video. A few interesting items which haven't been mentioned in the numerous threads on T.Visa: In the CCTV video of Nomsod crossing the lobby at the students' apt (his only alibi for supposedly not being on the island that night), shows him wearing dirty white shorts - which look like the white shorts worn by Running Man.

After following every twist and turn of this case for over 15 months, here are some stand-outs (it's hard to pick just a few, because there are so many indications of screw-ups by Thai authorities):

>>> losing Hannah's clothes. And not even checking her clothing before the conveniently lost it.

>>> losing the hair, and of course, not diagnosing it before losing it

>>> blatantly lying about the Nomsod's DNA test and it not matching DNA from the crime

>>> dismissing Panya with a promotion (and probably a big clandestine payment) to a BKK desk job and a promise from him to never utter a public word about the case.

>>> Nomsod getting let off permanently with the soggiest of alibis

>>> Mon let off permanently. If he would take a truth serum and tell what he really knows, it would change everything we've heard from RTP.

>>> Head policeman Somyot and wife plopping down a cool $12 million to buy stocks, a few weeks after NS and his uncle were permanently whitewashed as suspects.

>>> No questions for the KT fast boat driver who slept in a cave at Samui, day after crime. Police said he was too drugged to talk to, so cops permanently ignored him.

>>> No checking of NOK flights, no checking of mobile phone activity, no checking of probable suspects: all who are buddies of Mon

>>> Letting Sean go. Not bothering to find or talk to other possible witnesses: MM3, two french girls, MM-DJ

>>> Mysterious deaths of two other farang backpackers, shortly after the initial crime. One was at Mon's g.h.

>>> Police hiding/destroying CCTV along with Mon. Police saying they didn't look at CCTV of a boat leaving island soon after crime because "we didn't think it was important."

......and that's just a partial list. I'm sure other posters here could add dozens of other items proving how the RTP screwed up and/or intentionally skewed evidence and/or purposefully didn't pursue leads. Disgusting. RTP deserves all the bad press it gets from this case.

Any of you guilty followers please give your views on any of boomers points in this post.

All the key points are right here.

Nomsod was playing with is hair when crossing the lobby and in the lift because he just had it cut, that's the most likely reason, lot's people put their fingers through their hair in an attempt to rearrange it after having it cut, it's a natural reaction for lots of people.

The case didn't particulary interest me to be honest.

It was just a case of wrong place wrong time, shame it happened but it did.

Nothing about the case will stop any tourists visiting Thailand. Its yesterdays news.

Wrong, I've crossed Thailand off my holiday list, and have convinced several others to do the same.

Yes, a drop in the ocean, but from small things, big things grow.