Tourist Visa 15 Day Extension After 30 Day Extension?

Ok. I'm on a tourist visa multi entry x2 and already done my 30 extension for my first entry, is it still possible to get the 15 day extension as before October 1st? :o

I wouldn't normally bother with the 15 day extension but I need to get some paper work in order so I can try and organise an O'visa or maybe even maybe non-B.

With all these change up in the air I don't know what to think. The only thing about all these new changes that bothers me is how little notice we were given and the little amount of official info available.

I don't think I would have even been aware of the changes it if it weren't for thaivisa.com's e-mails.

Again is 15 Day extension still possible?

OliG :D

Judging by the lack of response to my question and the major amount of flaming of Thailand in other topics, I asume nobody knows or is too busy responding to the usual moaners about the effects to the ecomony of Thailand. The lack of genuine info seems to be more of a problem than the rule changes. Is this a help forum for Thai visas, residency and work permits or just a place to let off steam after drinking too much Chang.

If someone does know the answer to this question then please please let me know.

OliG

Edited by OliG

Sounds like you have more information about the current TR visa extension process than many others have. There has been debate on other threads as to whether even the initial 30 day extension is still available so I don't think anybody knows for sure about a second extension.

Sounds like you have more information about the current TR visa extension process than many others have. There has been debate on other threads as to whether even the initial 30 day extension is still available so I don't think anybody knows for sure about a second extension.

Olig, just to put Ovenman's comments another way, most of us are still trying to find out if the first 30 day extensions will be allowed, nevermind the second 15 days.

I've been here for most of the last 8 months and in 2 weeks I'm going to apply for a 30 day extension on a 60 day stamp. Even this extension is not a certainty, and little is available to verify new policy enforcement down at the Immigration Office.

The lack of response lately on this forum is mostly due to little definitive information being available to answer many questions.

In a nutshell, nobody knows.

Edited by tropo

Thanks tropo and ovenman for the constructive comments, I will be able to let you know if a 15 day extension is possible today as I'm off to do just that now (just woke up). When I obtained my extension last month for 30 days I was told by immigration that the 30 day extension will still be possible for next time but I never asked with regard to the 15 day.

I will ask again tomorrow and respond here with the answers I get direct from immigration.

On the same point, the reason I have had to ask this question here is due to the link on the Thai immigration web not working. Check it for yourself here http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php

the link on the page is

http://www.immigration.go.th

with this kind of organisation how do they expect to track anybody with computers. They can't even configure the web site correctly.

QUOTE(tropo @ 2006-10-13 23:51:22)

"Even this extension is not a certainty, and little is available to verify new policy enforcement down at the Immigration Office."

The extension has never been a given right, it's up to the immigration officer is charge as to issue the extension. Although I understand what you are saying, If you asked me this question 2 months ago my answer would have been ofcourse they will give you the extension, it's more money for them.

OliG

Edited by OliG

http://www.immigration.go.th is the link I'm talking about are you sure you checked that one???

I get the following message:

This is the Plesk™ default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured

or

2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator.

and why do you think that an extra 15 days extension on top will not now be possible?? You could save me the journey if you have further info. I will perhaps wait til they open and call first but I would like to know how you came to this opinion.

Thanks

OliG

http://www.immigration.go.th is the link I'm talking about are you sure you checked that one???

I get the following message:

This is the Plesk™ default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured

or

2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator.

and why do you think that an extra 15 days extension on top will not now be possible?? You could save me the journey if you have further info. I will perhaps wait til they open and call first but I would like to know how you came to this opinion.

Thanks

OliG

Because the maximum extension is one 30 day extension only, and it has been that way for a long time. I tried the other link.

I wasn’t being discourteous Dr Pat Pong and I wasn’t aware they had stopped the 15 day extension. By the sounds of it no one else on here had either.

The link still does not work for me and this page holds the info about visa extensions.

Could you post the info from the site that states only 30 days are allowed?

Thanks in advance

OliG

EDIT: I can see the main page thanks to google cache but with no graphics and I can't use the links. Strange how you can see it and I can't. I used to do server tech support and as far as I can see I'm hitting the server or at least a cache of it from TRUE's Proxy server. Which IPS are you using, I know it's none of my business but it is very unusual for this to happen when we are both in a simular area.

Don't worry about the info from the Site, I'll call when theye open. I'm more likely to get more up to date info that way and thank you for your help.

OliG

Edited by OliG

I wasn’t being discourteous Dr Pat Pong and I wasn’t aware they had stopped the 15 day extension. By the sounds of it no one else on here had either.

The link still does not work for me and this page holds the info about visa extensions.

Could you post the info from the site that states only 30 days are allowed?

Thanks in advance

OliG

www.mfa.go.th

Dr Pat Pong I know now for sure that the link I said earlier is down and I can already see www.mfa.go.th with no problems. I quote from that web site the following

"For information on application for extension of stay, please see the website of the Immigration Bureau at www.immigration.go.th"

THIS LINK DOES NOT WORK!!! Maybe they are updating it as we speak, maybe not.

The site is currently down. I don't see anywhere it stating that 30 day only and I can't access the correct site to confirm.

6. EXTENSION OF STAY

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel 02 287-3101-10 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th ). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer..

Just had a power cut but back up now and about to call and find out.

OliG