Land for £20,000

manxninja

Ok little bit of a bizarre post. Im about to go to jail for a few years how much rai would I roughly be able to purchase for £20,000 uk pound in buriram at present. I alrady own land there in the wife name but that was a good few years ago.

I am wanting to leave a little for my thai children.

Thanks in advance.

Ninja

I would guess that he is going to the notorious hell hole in the isle of man at jurby. lol. must be pretty serious if you are getting a few years in the island. not read of any murders lately, so hope its not drugs, cos that's the only crime for which you have to serve the full sentence.

I think this is a wind up. Let me tell you why. The Isle of Man is a very small place only about 30 miles long by 11 miles wide. And they are very strict about certain crimes, sometimes giving draconian sentences for drug related crimes. I have a friend who has just been released from prison after serving 12 years for possession and intent to supply cannabis. he was caught with a small amount.

The Isle of Man is very proud of their record on zero tolerance of drug crime. And if this man is guilty of anything to do with drugs then he is going away for a long time. As I have said murder and drug crimes are really the only thing that result in long prison sentences.I have known many people found guilty of crimes involving assault and drink related crimes who even though they are repeat offenders, never get more than a couple of years.

What I am trying to point out is that if this guy knows he is going to prison for a few years in the Isle of Man, is that he would certainly be on remand, and would not have access to the internet to post this.

I think this is a wind up. Let me tell you why. The Isle of Man is a very small place only about 30 miles long by 11 miles wide. And they are very strict about certain crimes, sometimes giving draconian sentences for drug related crimes. I have a friend who has just been released from prison after serving 12 years for possession and intent to supply cannabis. he was caught with a small amount.

The Isle of Man is very proud of their record on zero tolerance of drug crime. And if this man is guilty of anything to do with drugs then he is going away for a long time. As I have said murder and drug crimes are really the only thing that result in long prison sentences.I have known many people found guilty of crimes involving assault and drink related crimes who even though they are repeat offenders, never get more than a couple of years.

What I am trying to point out is that if this guy knows he is going to prison for a few years in the Isle of Man, is that he would certainly be on remand, and would not have access to the internet to post this.

How can you assume what the OP had done?

To answer your question, I would say if it is farm land, you could get from 10 to 20 Rai. That is a realistic number. Of course all the variables apply, location and title. That price would be for land at least 15 kilometres from a district town and perhaps further from a provincial town and with a full title. If you are buying for your children, only buy full title.

lostinissan, I can assume that if he is getting a long sentence in the isle of man, then he has to have commited a really serious crime. and long sentences are only usually meated out for murder or drug related crimes, there are also the odd time that people involved in financial crimes that involve positions of trust are sentenced to long sentences. but as I said if someone states that they know that they are going to prison for a few years, it is unlikely that they are walking around free. it is very easy to leave a small island, without people noticing.

12 yrs for possession & intent to supply a very small amount

Complete rubbish

Maximum sentence to possess & supply class A (cocaine etc.) is 14yrs

Your friend or you are telling fibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocketboybkk, I have no reason to lie, I gain nothing by it. What I am trying to point out is that the IOM, is very hard on drug crime. As for my friend, when I say a small amount, obviously I don't mean just a couple of spliffs, but he was also not caught with 50,000 quids worth either, which is what would justify a 12 year sentence in the rest of Britain. And admittedly it wasn't his first offence.

Over the past decade or so, the population has increased a lot on the island, probably something like 80,000 people now, and with more people comes more crime. I would think that per head of population the island has a drug problem that is comparable with anywhere in Europe, but the government are determined to try and discourage people to import drugs, sadly it will probably never work, money rules.

As for the op, I hope that he is not going to prison for drug related crimes, but the saving grace is that the IOM prison is pretty new, and is a bit like a holiday camp, albeit with walls.

taking care of family before you go away? well done ..personally i would not buy the land in farm area..find something

near the edge of town as it should go up as the town grows.when you come out,get a bit of cash and build on it, rentals

are great for me good luck. see you here again NINJA.....perhaps you are going away because you are a NINJA

This is about purchasing land..

And almost all the replies are about the OP's crime or sentence!

You guys are a great help to a man in need of advice.

Are the moderators on a Christmas holiday?

I wish him luck and admire him for trying to do something for his children before he goes away!

I wish him luck and admire him for trying to do something for his children before he goes away!

Does the word 'troll' not spring to mind ?

Does the word 'troll' not spring to mind ?

I never worry about trolls anymore.

I've got that covered!

post-147745-0-63283800-1451223478_thumb.

Oh dear what small little minds. I wont be saying where I will be possibly going to Jail. It wont be in the Isle of Man as they don't have any maximum security facility there. Although the stalkers may know more than me.

I am looking at a 12 stretch, so yes I will look after the kids if and when the time comes.

Anyway thanks for the serious and positive responses, hopefully it wont come to going down anyway, have a decent brief.

Happy New Year Ninja.

manxninja, big ureself up man, it was only last week on a topic about fishing , that you told a guy that u were on the IOM. so lets be honest if you were going to the big house for at least a 12 stretch, anywhere else in the uk I doubt you would get bail. and I also guess that if u r going down for at least a 12 stretch, they may have frozen your assets.Lets be honest if you have commited a crime that is so serious that you will be going to a maximum security facility, then you would not be on bail and definitely not on the internet, stop talking crap.

Lol frozen assets, maybe you should stop watching the sopranos, you appear a little delusional.

Assets as a rule are only seized in financial crimes. hey guess what you can travel off the Isle of Man. Wow what a plum.

Anyway chok dee Poirot.

Archived