Merry Christmas to the members of the Chiang Mai Forum and their families

narkeddiver

Humbug! One of the advantages of living in Thailand is that it is possible (mostly) to ignore Xmas. I am thankful to escape the irritating music, fake merriment and commercial chaos. I only regret that it is rearing its ugly santa-capped head more and more over here.

Edited by neilrob

Humbug! One of the advantages of living in Thailand is that it is possible (mostly) to ignore Xmas. I am thankful to escape the irritating music, fake merriment and commercial chaos. I only regret that it is rearing its ugly santa-capped head more and more over here.

You should've joined MaeJoMTB on his ride up the mountain today thumbsup.gif

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year....

Even had some carolers come by last night.... We enjoyed it....

But seems others here would have Scrooged & muttered all night....

So from U Tong visiting family in the middle of nowhere.....

We Wish You a Merry Christmas → like the girls were singing driving down - there → THAT ought to put them right over the edge.....Unscrooge yourself and enjoy your day......

The clock ticks whether you're happy or miserable → don't waste YOUR precious time in malcontent.....

Yesterday, in particular was a very nice day. I happened to be at Bangkok Hospital for a routine outpatient visit and found that they'd set up a schedule with choral groups from churches, schools and community groups like the Expats Club performing. They had a tree and European Santa with female Thai elves who were their customer service ladies dressed as "modest elves", offering gifts and refreshments. It was a nice alternative to what you sometimes see here with the overly commercially take on Christmas.

Happy xmas to all smile.png

Its cold in england this morning but ill be back in chiang mai about 10 ish jan

Dave2

Enjoy the coolth while you can. A warm day in CM today and I suspect March onwards are going to be forgettable months.

Haven't seen rain in weeks.