Residency Certificates at Immigration

Fiddlesticks

Went to get a residency certificate today at Chaeng Watthana Immigration. After being sent to the wrong queue and waiting there for a while I finally got to the correct queue and waited some more only to be be told by a <deleted> with an immigration uniform, that he could review my papers but that it would take about 3 weeks before my certificate was mailed to me!!! W#T#F! So now it's off to make an appointment at the US Embassy where its much easier but oh, so much more expensive.

Has anyone else had the joy of trying to get a residency cert in BKK?? Does it really take 3 weeks or was the monkey on duty just being typically lazy?

I got one there almost a year ago at Chaeng Watthana Immigration. They told me up to 3 weeks also, and I got it in the mail in 10 days. I can't say that is always the case but that is how long it took for mine.

I was told the same a couple of weeks ago at CW, 3 weeks for Res Cert. But I couldn't apply for one since I haven't done any 90 day reporting (which is mandatory).

So, I applied at my embassy and got it the next day and done the DL too on the same day.

Archived