Muslims and Christians in Thailand

sawadee1947

I think we all forget that whatever you believe, your relationship with God or some other deity or philosophy is personal. It was never intended to be used as a tool for mass conversion or the swaying or opinion of millions of others to do your worldly bidding.

On behalf of Scientologists everywhere, I thank you. May the Ron be with you!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all forget that whatever you believe, your relationship with God or some other deity or philosophy is personal. It was never intended to be used as a tool for mass conversion or the swaying or opinion of millions of others to do your worldly bidding.

On behalf of Scientologists everywhere, I thank you. May the Ron be with you!

no worries....have a good day ...I have no quarrel with you...but you seem intent on starting one with yourself...

Given that this is Thaivisa, I can understand why someone would say being rational is negative. And I don't understand how asserting that all religions are false would drive wedges between them. If anything, the effect should be opposite.

Stick around and you will learn what should be and reality are not the same.facepalm.gif

^^^ I have to disagree, I think the whole purpose of god mythology was intended to control and manipulate people.

What I wrote was intended for those that believe in some higher authority. If you believe in nothing then you are exempt, funny thing is though, many studies have shown that atheists almost overwhelmingly move to believe that 'god mythology' at the end of their lives if they are of free will to do so...perhaps hedging their final bet at the table....555

There used to be a forum for atheists in Facebook. I followed it and it was good for a chuckle. Most of them that claimed to be atheists were actually posting agnostic posts. I knew a guy once many years ago who said he was an atheist. He also said that when his ship was sunk in WW2 and he was in a life boat out in the middle of no where he prayed.wai.gif

^^^ I have to disagree, I think the whole purpose of god mythology was intended to control and manipulate people.

What I wrote was intended for those that believe in some higher authority. If you believe in nothing then you are exempt, funny thing is though, many studies have shown that atheists almost overwhelmingly move to believe that 'god mythology' at the end of their lives if they are of free will to do so...perhaps hedging their final bet at the table....555

It shouldn't be surprising that a fearful and enfeebled mind would be more willing to embrace various superstitions. That said, I looked for evidence of the existence of those studies you referred to and found none. It seems you have a genuine gift for making things up. Maybe you should found your own religion.

Or maybe you should improve your investigative skills. Most people seem to find proof of what they want to believe on the internet. Being open minded is not part of their method.

It shouldn't be surprising that a fearful and enfeebled mind would be more willing to embrace various superstitions. That said, I looked for evidence of the existence of those studies you referred to and found none. It seems you have a genuine gift for making things up. Maybe you should found your own religion.

Or maybe you should improve your investigative skills. Most people seem to find proof of what they want to believe on the internet. Being open minded is not part of their method.

It wasn't me who claimed that something existed without offering any proof. He claimed there were studies. I think your quarrel is with that person. Interesting though that he abandoned the conversation without addressing the question of his truthfulness.

Given that this is Thaivisa, I can understand why someone would say being rational is negative. And I don't understand how asserting that all religions are false would drive wedges between them. If anything, the effect should be opposite.

Stick around and you will learn what should be and reality are not the same.facepalm.gif

There used to be a forum for atheists in Facebook. I followed it and it was good for a chuckle. Most of them that claimed to be atheists were actually posting agnostic posts. I knew a guy once many years ago who said he was an atheist. He also said that when his ship was sunk in WW2 and he was in a life boat out in the middle of no where he prayed.wai.gif

I had a friend of mine whose father was a marine in WW2. He landed on the beach at Guadalcanal where he saw people being blown up and shot down to the left right front and back of him. The senselessness of it struck him. He said it was there that he became an atheist. So not only are there atheists in foxholes, sometimes foxholes actually give birth to them.

Edited by ilostmypassword

It wasn't me who claimed that something existed without offering any proof. He claimed there were studies. I think your quarrel is with that person. Interesting though that he abandoned the conversation without addressing the question of his truthfulness.

No it is with you. As I said you can find any thing you want on the internet. If you don't want to find it you won't. Now as to if it is true or not well that is a whole new issue.

No it is with you. As I said you can find any thing you want on the internet. If you don't want to find it you won't. Now as to if it is true or not well that is a whole new issue.

It's the internet. It's not magic. You can't find anything you want and I've also got some bad news for you about Santa.

The word Demon = Knowledge. That explains a lot right there.

Religions hate cities, for a reason.....too much knowledge.

they call me Horus

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread290806/pg1

'Amen' is an Egyptian God.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/amen

or

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/amen

That's who is being respected at the end of the Lords Prayer.