eva air LHR - BKk-LHR offer but....

kingalfred

not the BKK-LHR-BKK. They have a promotion for 438 British pounds flying from UK. But look at prices leaving from BKK and its 650 pounds +. Taxes are more flying in and out of UK so it must be a case of supply and demand. They can easily sell their tickets out of Bangkok and Taipei but must be struggling to do so out of London. No thanks Eva Air. Better deals out there

why a problem I did it six months ago on BA from Bkk and booked with a UK card

No problem using a UK-issued-card to pay, but for a return-flight starting in Thailand, BA's web-site forces one to be charged in Baht, no option to select being charged in Sterling, which (in my case, at least) triggers a 3% extra-charge (for foreign-currency transactions) from the bank ! wink.png

How can anyone as in OP be complaining of a fare that is exactly the same as I was paying on Eva out of London in 1994/1995 a total of 9 times.

If you think there are better current deals out there then go knock yourself out. Its a sublime fare for non stop with the biggest economy seat pitch over Thai and BA

How can anyone as in OP be complaining of a fare that is exactly the same as I was paying on Eva out of London in 1994/1995 a total of 9 times.

If you think there are better current deals out there then go knock yourself out. Its a sublime fare for non stop with the biggest economy seat pitch over Thai and BA

can you read? Fares out of BKK are substantially higher than those out of London on EVA in their promotion.Thats the OP's comment. And your remark of Eva air having a bigger"economy pitch " over BA is incorrect, Thai-air yes(which isnt difficult) Edited by kingalfred

can you read? Fares out of BKK are substantially higher than those out of London on EVA in their promotion.Thats the OP's comment. And your remark of Eva air having a bigger"economy pitch " over BA is incorrect, Thai-air yes(which isnt difficult)

Course I can read . Your header also indicates LHR-BKK-LHR. If you've mentioned pricing in reverse so what. FYI BA knocks themselves out with a 31" seat pitch in Economy as opposed to 33" on Eva

Suggest perhaps a little light reading of your own......

can you read? Fares out of BKK are substantially higher than those out of London on EVA in their promotion.Thats the OP's comment. And your remark of Eva air having a bigger"economy pitch " over BA is incorrect, Thai-air yes(which isnt difficult)

Course I can read . Your header also indicates LHR-BKK-LHR. If you've mentioned pricing in reverse so what. FYI BA knocks themselves out with a 31" seat pitch in Economy as opposed to 33" on Eva

a little bit more reading yourself at the title. And whats 31 and 33 got to do with it? Clearly you dont like someone having a dig at EVA!<removed>

a little bit more reading yourself at the title. And whats 31 and 33 got to do with it? Clearly you dont like someone having a dig at EVA! Sad individual

"Pitch" - when discussing airline seating - is the distance from a point on one seat to the same point on the seat in front of it. So when Chivas says that Eva's economy seating has a larger pitch he's referring to the fact that pitch is 31" on BA vs 33" on Eva. So two extra inches of seat pitch on Eva (which may or may not translate into two full inches of leg room.)

Bigger pitch generally translates into more comfort.

TheAppletons quote =

"Pitch" - when discussing airline seating - is the distance from a point on one seat to the same point on the seat in front of it. So when Chivas says that Eva's economy seating has a larger pitch he's referring to the fact that pitch is 31" on BA vs 33" on Eva. So two extra inches of seat pitch on Eva (which may or may not translate into two full inches of leg room.)

Bigger pitch generally translates into more comfort.''

i always wonder how they got those pitches, but could they be using wider seats, so although it would seem to be 2 inches more it may not be,

and as an aside, i just checked for a direct return bkk/lhr/bkk for a month starting on 16 feb Eva air £2,025, Thai £1,247 and BA £606 on lastminute

a little bit more reading yourself at the title. And whats 31 and 33 got to do with it? Clearly you dont like someone having a dig at EVA! Sad individual

I know what it means. So all that extra cash for 2 inches? Haha

i always wonder how they got those pitches, but could they be using wider seats, so although it would seem to be 2 inches more it may not be,

and as an aside, i just checked for a direct return bkk/lhr/bkk for a month starting on 16 feb Eva air £2,025, Thai £1,247 and BA £606 on lastminute

Pitch isn't dependent upon width - it's "front-to-back". Though, many times, greater pitch and greater width of seat will go together (think Premium Economy, Business Class, and First Class.)

I know what it means. So all that extra cash for 2 inches? Haha

So, in the spirit of conversation, your question of "and whats 31 and 33 got to do with it" demonstrates that you didn't really understand into what pitch translates.

Further, yes, people pay more money for a greater amount of room on aircraft, particularly on long haul flights. That's why airlines make a lot more money selling Premium Economy seats, Business Class seats, and First Class seats.

If you don't wish to pay for that, or can't afford to pay for that, that's entirely up to you. On many long haul routes, the additional money is well worth the cost, especially when one finds promotions for those seats.

I make no judgment about your choice of seats. routes, or preferences for cost....your rude and arrogant tone toward fellow posters is inexcusable. post-4641-1156694606.gif

Pitch isn't dependent upon width - it's "front-to-back". Though, many times, greater pitch and greater width of seat will go together (think Premium Economy, Business Class, and First Class.)

sorry i didn't explain well enough i meant depth ( from the back of your knees to the rear most part of the seat) if that measurment is different on different airlines the 31 and 33 inches could leave you with the same knee room. ie a 33inch pitch with a 20inch depth seat would give the same knee room as a 31 inch pitch with a 18 inch depth seat. to put it in a nut shell are all seats in the same class the same depth on all airlines.

Edited by steve187

If you earn Baht and pay with Baht, prices from Thailand - UK have barely increased in 10 years. B.A. are and have been doing direct flights for over a year to T5 for less than 30,000. Problem is booking with a UK credit card and paying Sterling.

Paying with a UK AMEX card isn't a problem (haven't tried any other cards, but I'm sure the option is there on the payment page). You just need to show the card (or a photocopy of both sides of it) at the BA check-in desk at Swampy.