Premium lane Heathrow

JaiLai

The airlines hand out fast track passes however only normally to non Europeans, as they now have the automatic gates for Europeans which are quicker than fast track. On departure you just use your boarding card.

Edited by RabC

I like the fast track passes through security when flying out of LHR. I find that the queue there is usually very short.

As mentioned, entering Britain through LHR immigration can be a nightmare at any time regardless of what passes you may have and which gates you can use. It's all pot-luck really.

Thanks for the replies.

So if a UK / EU passport holder goes with a Thai national it's separate lanes?

No. Last year I joined my Thai wife in the Non-EU land which was by far and away shorter than the queue in the EU lane. The immigration officer actually told us that as we are married we could both have gone through the EU lane - so I pointed out the long queue there and he just smiled and let us through!

Thai and Singapore hand out fast track passes for business and First Class plus high level frequent flyers. These worked for me as the fast track queue was short compared with other lanes. Otherwise as an Australian I go with the "others" which can be a long wait.

A bit odd as Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of Australia still, and as a Royal Australian Air Force officer I had to swear allegiance to her and her heirs and successors! Bring on the Republic!

Thai and Singapore hand out fast track passes for business and First Class plus high level frequent flyers. These worked for me as the fast track queue was short compared with other lanes. Otherwise as an Australian I go with the "others" which can be a long wait.

A bit odd as Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of Australia still, and as a Royal Australian Air Force officer I had to swear allegiance to her and her heirs and successors! Bring on the Republic!

Not really odd, given the Australian attitude to visas.

Make sure and get those fast tracks invitations if you are entitled. That gives you all the options when you get to the immigration and see the queues.

TG only considers Platinum as high level frequent fliers, us lowly Gold members go sweet stuff all.

Its called tit for tat the Aussies started demanding visas from Brits, you can still go to UK visa free just have to queue with the rest of the worlds dregs.