Anyone Seen This Movie?

alexth

Probably not the best place for this since it's not Thailand related, but. I just finished watching a chinese movie, it's called "The Road Home" imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235060/ . Does anyone else seen this movie? I'd say it's a fantastic movie, simple, yet so touching, almost brought a few tears in my eyes, not mentioning the leading actress, Ziyi Zhang which is by far one of the most beautiful human being I've ever seen. Would definitely recommend this movie.

Edited by alexth

Probably not the best place for this since it's not Thailand related, but. I just finished watching a chinese movie, it's called "The Road Home" imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235060/ . Does anyone else seen this movie? I'd say it's a fantastic movie, simple, yet so touching, almost brought a few tears in my eyes, not mentioning the leading actress, Ziyi Zhang which is by far one of the most beautiful human being I've ever seen. Would definitely recommend this movie.

any film with ziyi zhang is worth watching! Except perhaps 2046 as this was truly boring - even though she was looking particularly sublime!

Other chinese films strongly reccomended are - The Shower, Blue Kite, Beijing Bicycle

any film with ziyi zhang is worth watching! Except perhaps 2046 as this was truly boring - even though she was looking particularly sublime!

Other chinese films strongly reccomended are - The Shower, Blue Kite, Beijing Bicycle

I found 2046 to be a great movie also, the ideea was brilliant, the classic tone gave it a nice perspective and the actors were top, will check out your other reccomandations also, thanks :o

BTW, where did you find these chinese movies?

Edited by alexth

I have seen the movie. I really liked it a lot. Zhang Ziyi gave a strong performance. It's a story about one woman's dedication to the man she loves. Go see it, it's worth it.

I've already seen it, that's why I posted it so others could search for it and see it too. Indeed a remarkable performance from Zhang Ziyi, a movie that has such a simple ideea and yet hits sooooooo deep. I strongly recommend it. 2046 is also a great movie, Zhang Ziyi's performance is great and surprisingly...those movies are far more better than the wellknown Memories of a Geisha

If you liked "The Road Home" you might consider watching other Yimou Zhang films? No shortage of great ones.

I think this was Ziyi Zhang's first feature film? If you want to see her in a startling film check out "Operetta Tanuki Goten" by the eclectic Japanese director, Seijun Suzuki.

I saw The Road Home ages ago but remember as being about a son finally understanding how wonderful his father was, staying in a small town and dedicating himself to educating the local students, many of whom take the long road home, from modern China, represented by the city, to pay their last respects.