Stopped at the final hurdle: migrants blocked at Russia-Finland border

webfact

Stopped at the final hurdle: migrants blocked at Russia-Finland border

606x341_319884.jpg

HELSINKI: -- Winter is not the only obstacle to contend with for migrants trying to cross the northern route from Russia into Finland and the European Union and Schengen Zone.

The Finnish border control service has placed heavy restrictions on asylum seekers wishing to enter the country by land from Russia, including a purported ban on crossing by bicycle.

As Russia doesn’t allow the border to be crossed on foot, and many don’t have access to a car, the bicycle ban would mean dozens from Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq and other countries, would be prevented from reaching Scandinavia. So far this year, more than 600 migrants are believed to have entered Finland from Russia.

Norway has received some five and a half thousand migrants. It is sending back anyone with Russian visas or residence permits.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-29

there is no end to the amount of people fleeing, its what they are fleeing from that's important

Steve 187,

Fleeing? Some are, but what about the tens of thousands of young able bodied single men that are claiming to be "refugees"? BS, they are being sent by their masters to infiltrate Europe in readiness for their planned take-over.

Send them all back and start the selection process one case at a time.

Stopped at the final hurdle

When they should have been stopped at the first hurdle, about a million ago. Still better late than never, the Euro are finally realising they have willingly unleashed a huge and unsustainable problem onto their countries, and are doing something about it.

I wonder what will happen to the illegal economic migrants trapped in Russia. Somehow I don't think the Russians will be as welcoming as Sweden, and I doubt any speak Russian.

Stopped at the final hurdle

When they should have been stopped at the first hurdle, about a million ago. Still better late than never, the Euro are finally realising they have willingly unleashed a huge and unsustainable problem onto their countries, and are doing something about it.

I wonder what will happen to the illegal economic migrants trapped in Russia. Somehow I don't think the Russians will be as welcoming as Sweden, and I doubt any speak Russian.

edit. why bother. Oh the poor refugees stuck on that border. How can they have easy access to welfare and free housing? This is so upsetting and it must be against their human rights

Edited by jaidam

Western Europe is under attack. What will be left for me to go home to. ?

You will need your passport, maybe...

whatever happened to old fashioned passports and visas? It seems now that refugees on the borders can say "i demand my children go to school in Germany", or "we demand to be allowed to cross your countries, and get to the UK".....<deleted>?