Thai Kisses

Targus

Although not gay, I am in a relationship with a Thai man and must add that when we first met he had never gone out with a farang before me and did not kiss. He did the sniff kiss and had to learn to kiss and how to enjoy it.

So, could just be that he is not used to it. Or could be he's not into it. Have you asked him?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider kissing to be as high risk now as almost any other sexual behavior, at least here.

Do not take it bad but it was not my point.

Why they do not kiss is because they're not used to it (girls) but it does not mean I consider it a risk.

And I do not think you should either... :o

Kissing is an ancient tradition that comes from Italy (Rome)..... it was used as a test to see if your partner had been drinking wine.

Don't be upset if a person completely misunderstands something that is part of western culture .... which is what the 'kiss' is.

Although not gay, I am in a relationship with a Thai man and must add that when we first met he had never gone out with a farang before me and did not kiss. He did the sniff kiss and had to learn to kiss and how to enjoy it.

So, could just be that he is not used to it. Or could be he's not into it. Have you asked him?

Dude - this one is just to hard to resist .... the opening line is "I'm not gay" ...... moving into "I taught him how to kiss ........... and a wonderful closing "Here is my advice"

I'm sorry, I just could not resist this one! Being not gay - I am assuming you are a kissing teacher :o

All in fun :D

I actually like the sniff kiss. Enjoy it as much as the western one but well, at different time... :D

Depends. I wish some guys will learn to lay off the garlic or durians before getting busy. :o

I've kissed some real good Thai guys. Sometimes it takes another great kisser to bring out the great kisser in a shy kisser.

Dude - this one is just to hard to resist .... the opening line is "I'm not gay" ...... moving into "I taught him how to kiss ........... and a wonderful closing "Here is my advice"

I'm sorry, I just could not resist this one! Being not gay - I am assuming you are a kissing teacher :o

All in fun :D

Or (shock horror) a woman!

Many Thai guys are just not experienced at kissing. Many also think it is unhygenic. Many straight or bi guys who are in some sort of relationship with another man dont want to kiss them and of course your breath may well indeed smell and they would never tell you or want to kiss you.

At the end of the day its better and quicker to ask him why instead of asking us lot on here.

something like...why wont you kiss me, might do the trick!

Many Thai guys are just not experienced at kissing. Many also think it is unhygenic. Many straight or bi guys who are in some sort of relationship with another man dont want to kiss them and of course your breath may well indeed smell and they would never tell you or want to kiss you.

At the end of the day its better and quicker to ask him why instead of asking us lot on here.

something like...why wont you kiss me, might do the trick!

Of course I have asked him and the answer always is 'I don't like kissing' that's why I posted this subject just to find out whether or not this was the norm or not. Thanks for your reply.

Of course I have asked him and the answer always is 'I don't like kissing' that's why I posted this subject just to find out whether or not this was the norm or not. Thanks for your reply.

But why doesn't he like it? don't you think he could give you more of an explanation?

The alternative is that I guess you're just gonna have to accept it. Personally I couldn't as i like kissing but everyone is different.

But why doesn't he like it? don't you think he could give you more of an explanation?

The alternative is that I guess you're just gonna have to accept it. Personally I couldn't as i like kissing but everyone is different.

I think D/D has a good point here .... I know that for myself and bf, we must force ourselves to move beyond the "easy answer" when talking about something this sensitive or important.

We both struggle to get beyond language barriers still ... becoming fluent enough in a second language to discuss many layered feelings is not easy ... but worth the work.

Maybe if you start the conversation with "this is really important for me to talk out" ... he may be patient with some gentle but persistent probing from you. Many simple questions can often bring you what feels like a complicated answer.

It is worth it! Often, after struggling through one of these conversations, we have discovered that we where thinking the exact same way and laugh about it :o

Maybe he worries that HE has bad breath! .... Get him to sit, listen and talk until you both can find the answer.

Good luck!

I think D/D has a good point here .... I know that for myself and bf, we must force ourselves to move beyond the "easy answer" when talking about something this sensitive or important.

We both struggle to get beyond language barriers still ... becoming fluent enough in a second language to discuss many layered feelings is not easy ... but worth the work.

Maybe if you start the conversation with "this is really important for me to talk out" ... he may be patient with some gentle but persistent probing from you. Many simple questions can often bring you what feels like a complicated answer.

It is worth it! Often, after struggling through one of these conversations, we have discovered that we where thinking the exact same way and laugh about it :o

Maybe he worries that HE has bad breath! .... Get him to sit, listen and talk until you both can find the answer.

Good luck!

Thanks for your really positive and encouraging words Chaz, I really appreciate them.

I just had a weird idea, that nobody's mentioned. Could it be that Thais, male and female, straight and gay, sometimes think that mouth kissing is naughty, and that only bad boys and bad girls do it?

Good point PB :D .... so much we hear about party part frisky frisky :D .... the reality is .... I've seen some pretty conservative thinking in young Thai men :D .... there are some pretty strong thought of "right" vs. wrong out there! :o

I have my first experience with a younger Thai b/f. I am a 56 year old British male and he is 35. We have been together for 5 months now however I am finding the sexual side of our relatìonship very frustrating and would be interested to know if any of what I am experiencing is the 'norm'

My Thai boyfriend does not like open mouth kissing, so will only kiss me with his mouth closed. Neither is he passive sexually nor does he like to give oral sex.

Can anyone out there tell me if any of this is normal?

no one woujld ever be my boyfriend that did NOT like kissing, it is that simple!!!

I have my first experience with a younger Thai b/f. I am a 56 year old British male and he is 35. We have been together for 5 months now however I am finding the sexual side of our relatìonship very frustrating and would be interested to know if any of what I am experiencing is the 'norm'

My Thai boyfriend does not like open mouth kissing, so will only kiss me with his mouth closed. Neither is he passive sexually nor does he like to give oral sex.

Can anyone out there tell me if any of this is normal?

Too many of the respondents here are focused on the kissing issue. But I think you have a much greater problem with your lover...there is a lack of intimacy. You say not only does your lover not like to kiss, but he is passive sexually and does not like to give oral sex. A relationship without intimacy is like a furnace without the fuel...you will be destined to have a cold winter.

hey targus: i DROP yr bf if i were u. sex is important in a relationship. youre only 5 mths into it and ure already complaining about not getting some. and from the looks of it, yr bf is ROTTEN in bed

funny that,he's like 35. he should have had enuff practice. unless of course he's *gasp* straight!!!

yr partner is not "passive" in bed ie, he active? does that mean he's top and never bottoms? oh oh warning bells! doesnt suck, doesnt kis, doesnt take it up the ****..so what does he do?

i take it that he's A PASSIVE TOP. cos i know a "friend"...who a very active BOTTOM!

///edited slightly by PB for the Victorians listening in....///

I just had a weird idea, that nobody's mentioned. Could it be that Thais, male and female, straight and gay, sometimes think that mouth kissing is naughty, and that only bad boys and bad girls do it?

You got it.

Naughty or dirty, whatever... :D

But as i said before, they learn to like it, at least girls, maybe boys are not as keen to learn... :o

hey targus: i DROP yr bf if i were u. sex is important in a relationship. youre only 5 mths into it and ure already complaining about not getting some. and from the looks of it, yr bf is ROTTEN in bed

funny that,he's like 35. he should have had enuff practice. unless of course he's *gasp* straight!!!

yr partner is not "passive" in bed ie, he active? does that mean he's top and never bottoms? oh oh warning bells! doesnt suck, doesnt kis, doesnt take it up the ****..so what does he do?

i take it that he's A PASSIVE TOP. cos i know a "friend"...who a very active BOTTOM!

///edited slightly by PB for the Victorians listening in....///

Thanks for your comments Boybrat, I'm not exactly sure what a 'PASSIVE TOP' is??? I've not heard that expression before. Can anyone tell me??

My b/f only seems to like me giving him oral sex and me being the receptive partner which is not normally my scene but I do it because of my feelings for him however he does not seem willing to do anything for me!!!

he does not seem willing to do anything for me!!!

Seems to be a selfish b/f doesn't he. Better to end it now than prolong your suffering unless of course, you enjoy being with him so much. In that case go and get your sex elsewhere.

he does not seem willing to do anything for me!!!

Seems to be a selfish b/f doesn't he. Better to end it now than prolong your suffering unless of course, you enjoy being with him so much. In that case go and get your sex elsewhere.

If this is brought up in your conversation with him - it may be the reality check that he needs - the reality is his bf is feeling neglected and right or wrong - he needs to know that!

It may not hurt to at least ask him .......... "Honey, I love you, but should I be looking elsewhere for sex?".

This thread has gone on awhile now and doesn't look like you have had the "probing conversation" with him yet .... but your still feeling that something is missing ... there IS something missing - you feel the sex is one way, it frustrates you, and it needs to be looked at.

We can't always have everything we like in the bedroom ... but it sounds like you are feeling an all round - "He isn't interested in me that way" ......... :-( - thats a lousy feeling!

Thanks for your comments Boybrat, I'm not exactly sure what a 'PASSIVE TOP' is??? I've not heard that expression before. Can anyone tell me??

My b/f only seems to like me giving him oral sex and me being the receptive partner which is not normally my scene but I do it because of my feelings for him however he does not seem willing to do anything for me!!!

Look Targus, I don't think you are really getting the message that all of us are sending to you. So here it is in plain English...The fuc*ing you're getting ain't worth the fuc*ing you're getting. Either wise up and pay the consequences.

And perhaps many of us are also saying, "The guy doesn't love you. It's unrequited love."

Targus, you're in a candy store, complaining that the one lemon sour you got wasn't sweet enough. Look around.

In fact, that's one of the reasons I left Latin America and came to Thailand. Back there, most men were tops, not really gay. Here, many more men are versatile, and gay or truly bisexual. Your boyfriend sounds totally straight.