So far from being a IT Hub?

Caspersfriend

I have been behind a number of internet-based and internet-access operations on the global market - and yet I don't profess to be proficient in the 'nuts and bolts'

<deleted> is currently happening with access here in the land of occasional frowns?

I won't [can't] get into the technicalities but without doubt something is going on behind the scenes.

For example: An FO link via 3BB 30Mb where an Ookla speedtest suggests a current download of circa 200Mbps and an upload of 250Mbps makes no sense: when latency suggests any apparent advantage is negated.

I would be pleased to here some qualified responses .....................

I have the 10MB 3bb service and also experiencing good download and upload speeds but still having timeouts on certain websites, often taking several tries to open a page and is slow running during periods. This has been happening for several weeks when by coincidence this all coincided with the announcement the government might be introduction a single gateway system.

I highly suspect that somewhere along the line our data is being intercepted, that`s about all I can say on the subject.

Archived