• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Phuket named ‘City of Gastronomy’ by Unesco

snoop1130

Phuket named ‘City of Gastronomy’ by Unesco
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET -- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco) has dubbed Phuket a "City of Gastronomy", recognising the island's rich culinary history and unique cuisine.

"Being chosen as a member of the Unesco Creative Cities Network as a 'City of Gastronomy' is a wonderful honour for Phuket," said Unesco directorgeneral Irina Bokova.

Efforts to collate recipes and historical information of local Baba (Straits Chinese) cuisine in order to have Phuket Town recognised as a City of Gastronomy have been ongoing since 2011.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Phuket-named-City-of-Gastronomy-by-Unesco-30275927.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-30-12

Right on Snackbar...................I've been here almost a decade & I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of places where I have eaten a meal I'd rate 8 or better.

So I choose to eat at home almost always as my lady has developed into an exceptionally fine cook/chef.

We did go into Patong to a very well known farang hotel with restaurant for Xmas dinner with friends....again a big overpriced Patong rip off.....850 Baht for a meal that was barely a passable 5.

Xmas dinner in Patong---never again.

Interesting, are they talking about an island or a city? The city itself surely does not deserve this title. How can they give a rating without any clear definition about what they are talking? And if they think about the island it will never lead to a decent comparison with real cities.Perhaps next time the British island wins clap2.gif

Interesting, are they talking about an island or a city? The city itself surely does not deserve this title. How can they give a rating without any clear definition about what they are talking? And if they think about the island it will never lead to a decent comparison with real cities.Perhaps next time the British island wins clap2.gif

Well, they mention phuket town in the OP. That might help you answering your own question.

Phuket town has tons of really great restaurants

But yeah, nothing close to major cities like montreal, new york, milan, paris.. Chiang mai or bangkok would make more sense.. Prob a fat guy in love behind this

Edited by bearpolar