Asking for a Visa Exempt Entry whilst holding a valid TR Visa

Not sure if this is well known or of any interest to anyone but whilst flying into Swampy last night I asked if I could have a 30 day visa exempt stamp instead of using my 2nd TR visa entry which must be used by 31st March 2016. The IO apologised and said that she must use my visa for the entry, gave me a 60 day Stamp and scratched off another one of my TR visa entries. She was very polite and friendly about it but unfortunately said she must enter me with the valid visa.

"my 2nd TR visa entry which must be used by 31st March 2016."

Are you positive that was the use before date ? Because double entry tourist visas normally have a 3 month validity not 6 months.

Double-entry tourist visas were issued with 6 month validity in some countries. UK being one. Edited by Maestro
corrected visa terminology
  • Like 1

"my 2nd TR visa entry which must be used by 31st March 2016."

Are you positive that was the use before date ? Because double entry tourist visas normally have a 3 month validity not 6 months.[/

It's actually a triple entry tourist visa that I have but was just onto my 2nd entry. I'm British but got it in Malta back in September. I did get a double entry visa from Malta once too and it was also 6 months validity.

• Like 1