Are alcohol "mini" bottles illegal?

arunsakda

Well I can assure you widget cans are indeed now illegal since the junta came to power. I am friends with one of the largest importers of foreign beverages in Thailand. My favourite drop is Murphy's Irish stout. I can no longer purchase it or any widget can as the junta has decreed as their is a potentially "explosive" device inside all the cans have to be xrayed. It has been decided it is too difficult so all such products have been banned. So if you love anything in a widget can and can find it stock up. As for the little bottles I've got no idea. Cheers and Happy New Year

Well he's name is Jon if that makes any difference. He is partners in a rather large business that import and wholesales beer and cider from all the over the world to a number of establishments all over Thailand. The fact remains widget cans are no longer able to be imported into the country. Existing stock will of course be sold under license. I also assume some people may bring in small amounts across land borders. As for large importers or wholesale providores widget cans are definitely off the menu. I have no reason to lie just passing on some information I received from a friend whose business it is to import such drinks. If you can show me proof to the contrary or point me to a supplier I would be more than glad to hear it as I could continue to buy my preferred stout. Cheers.

Archived